Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to protect from scams thru Paypal?

This is a discussion on How to protect from scams thru Paypal? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Or even better...what is the best way to sell/buy something (some virtual item) thru Paypal, and not being scamed? How ...
Page: 1

CrnaC

Default How to protect from scams thru Paypal?

Or even better...what is the best way to sell/buy something (some virtual item) thru Paypal, and not being scamed?

How much time should past after money transactions, and delivering items?

Any1 with real experience is more than welcome to reply. :wub:

Hostage

Stay away from USD sales.

My best advice..

TunaFishyMe

Unless you deal with me.

Ashira

I guess dont sell to anyone you dont know (or dont know its reputation).
    Wont be alot of people left to sell to though <_<

Cleatus

it's quite simple actaully,.. fraps everything. Screenshot your pm's and threads. Keep MSN logs. Use this as backup.

If someone charges you back, and you have provided them with the item, submit your information to paypal. Also, use a credit card for paypal. Submit the same info to your cc company. Your cc will immediately give your $$$ back. It's now on the scammer to contact k2 and provide evidence that the items were not transfered, as you have some form of proof.

Proof greater than scammer

Paypal is a business, with adults and grown ups

paypal is greater than ko

credit card companys greater than paypal.

Now, what happens next is if the scammer cannot provide evidence for their chargeback, they are guilty of fraud. Jailtime is not worth a couple hundred bucks.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Cleatus
    it's quite simple actaully,.. fraps everything. *Screenshot your pm's and threads. *Keep MSN logs. *Use this as backup. *

If someone charges you back, and you have provided them with the item, submit your information to paypal. *Also, use a credit card for paypal. *Submit the same info to your cc company. *Your cc will immediately give your $$$ back. *It's now on the scammer to contact k2 and provide evidence that the items were not transfered, as you have some form of proof.

Proof greater than scammer

Paypal is a business, with adults and grown ups

paypal is greater than ko

credit card companys greater than paypal.

Now, what happens next is if the scammer cannot provide evidence for their chargeback, they are guilty of fraud. *Jailtime is not worth a couple hundred bucks.
    im not sure if that will work? HAs it been done before? I know for one, paypal's policy is that they dont give a rats ass about virtual items. I dont think they will look at internet evidence since it can be altered so easily.

idefix

i havent done any usd buys/sells over internet or anything, but what ive heard is kinda if ur buying u cant be scammed thru paypal, coz u can chargeback. if ur selling, its a different story : / just sell to well known babas :P

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

clearly state it is a virtual item, paypal will then tell the person who attempts a charge back that they should do something involing sex and travel

Cleatus

considering the amount of money I spend with my credit card / or most people in general, they will accept any logical proof. If you can provide evidence of communication and a transaction, they won't hesitate.

Over 200-500-1000 dollars, my cc company wouldn't want to lose a customer who has been with them for over 10 years.

I know, I have had issues in the past with online retailers who have not provided what they have advertised, and their policy is very simple, no refunds. I didn't get what I paid for, and didn't get what was advertised. My cc stood behind me. I returned the item, paid for return shipping, and got my money back.

I'm telling you, Credit Card companies work for the cardholder... Paypal isn't going to fight with Citibank or Wachovia, Chase, etc.. there's too much money to "NOT" be made by losing a customer.

CrnaC

ok...I hear something...

I hope somebody with some real experiance with trading virtual items will say something.

Yes, I agree with Ashira, to trade with well known ppl. I mean...that is safest way. If U know ppl, they will not scam U.

But, how the things going for strangers.
    Im sure that this forum read many good sellers of virtual items (items or coins).

I see that many ppl looking for answers about trading (and don't wanna be scamed) for real money. Somebody started (and ended) topic related to Western Union, and I thought that is good idea to say something for PayPal.

I read, that if U get money on ur card (somebody pay u for some virtual item), U need to wait more than 4 days, and after that...U r safe. Is that right? Why 4? Why not 7? :blink:

I like what I've read from U guys (and that is all good things from theory angle), and I think that we need some practic advise.

Any1?

personally i just talk to the buyer on MSN for a while and judge his character, ive never had problems this way.

If you are really paranoid though, just use western union. If you want to use paypal, get the money first, wait a few days until the money can be withdrawn into your bank account, and then give him the item. If he tries to chargeback you with no money in your paypal account it will be extremely hard for him to do anything.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by 0000000
    personally i just talk to the buyer on MSN for a while and judge his character, ive never had problems this way. *

If you are really paranoid though, just use western union. If you want to use paypal, get the money first, wait a few days until the money can be withdrawn into your bank account, and then give him the item. If he tries to chargeback you with no money in your paypal account it will be extremely hard for him to do anything.
    can paypal do anything if he charges you back and you have no money? I mean can they sue you or something?

Cleatus

this happend to me.. they charged me and I had a negative balance.. I ignored it.. it showed up on my credit report.. I paid it..

which I found bizarre.. but this happened a few years ago....

TunaFishyMe

yea...i dont want my credit tainted cuz of some bullshit

as far as i know, you can stop paypal taking money out of your bank account over a chargeback case by simply contacting your bank. If you do nothing then yeah you will end up paying. The paypal system is seriously skewed to favour the buyer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast