View Poll Results: Inspect player items Hot or Not ?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot

209 83.27%
  • Not

42 16.73%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Inspect players items

This is a discussion on Inspect players items within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; everyone used elsasa ko hack...
Page: 4

r3wind

everyone used elsasa ko hack

Nestle

loved redball insta town xD

so many naabs used it

Sustain

No, why should my ''imaginary'' items be inspected if I have bought them from a turk or someone not legit, I get screwed for not doing anything just buying a ''normal'' item.

Banned

Hot and dont comment :lol: :P

Kailean

its not an easy question...
    if i could see others items i would probably get bored of this soon(xxx_tr : full shell+10 weapon+10 etc...) but still it would be very tempting to see an old, ranking-like, site...

bleh, voted "hot" :P

KirbyKommando

I don't know alot about databases and stuff but let's see if I got this right.

Every item on every player is stored into databases right?
    KoRanking needed to connect to those databases and pull out data in order to show what items there are on certain players, right?
    If KoRanking was able to see that much, wouldn't it be possible to make some kind of program that scans those databases for duped item ID's?

And if normal people are able to see/do that much, then wouldn't it be very easy for K2 to make a program that scans databases for those duped ID's on a daily basis and delete them?

Glader

yep. But it takes time to search through the database and time is money

KirbyKommando

yep. But it takes time to search through the database and time is money [/b]
    Couldn't it scan while servers are running?

HotAsIce

That makes too much sense for K2 to do.

Couldn't it scan while servers are running?[/b]
    That process would cause too much load on the CPU, they could do it during maintenance though i.e Take login down but have servers online

That process would cause too much load on the CPU, they could do it during maintenance though i.e Take login down but have servers online[/b]
    it happens right now if u dupe something it grays out sure theres ways around it but im not bout to give ppl ideas

can't be much different

gexmart1

I voted yes because atleast then I would know when to run =D[/b]
    lol as a mage i agree 100%

No, why should my ''imaginary'' items be inspected if I have bought them from a turk or someone not legit, I get screwed for not doing anything just buying a ''normal'' item.[/b]
    Thats your fault for buying off a duper, or you could say its K2's fault for allowing dupe methods but either way...

it happens right now if u dupe something it grays out sure theres ways around it but im not bout to give ppl ideas

can't be much different[/b]
    The system is flawed

HotAsIce

Sustain has a point, some people save up lots and lots of money and uniques to trade for really nice items, and there is no way to tell if the person selling is a duper or not, so if someone does get fucked over, it will probably be the one who saved up the items/money to buy the item, not the duper that made it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast