Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

K2 actually works

This is a discussion on K2 actually works within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; BBB is a non-profit organization funded, not by any governments, by giant corporations. It was implimented to provide a median ...
Page: 2

Banned

BBB is a non-profit organization funded, not by any governments, by giant corporations. It was implimented to provide a median between business and consumers, and the rating system is kind of a joke. So..a company gets a "F" rating...you think a consumer is going to check with the BBB before buying the product from them?

Even if you get a bad rating with BBB, nothing actually can happen to you business(besides a letter entering your mailbox). It's kind of a joke really. The only reason K2 might take this somewhat serious, is if they intend on selling the company, or looking for high-end stock purchasers.

Banned

Customers may not check the BBB, but other parties may check. K2 is in the business of licensing games. It is all about image. Most people identify a game by the people who run it. For example, someone asked the question, "Do you still like KO". Most people answered "No, because they hate K2". An established company with an established product would not want its image to be tarnished by licensing its product to a company with a bad image. [This is one of the reason's why MYKO shut down] Most companies don't have the time or resources to go out there and research a company's image, so they rely on secondary data - BBB.

Banned

BBB is nothing, the company doesn't even have to reply to them if they choose not to. With an addicting game, I don't even know why K2 bother replying to them. If they would've care about image then they should of already have better costumer service.

No gamer would go and research on BBB and say "Oh! this company has a bad rating. I'm not going to play their game."

Reallizt

sillyho could u help me with it because my account is hacked and i fcking get no help because the hacker bought stuff with another c & b i have done %90 of the payments on the char with 1 candb and provide all info of the char including the date of register and i still dont recieve help

Ancient noob Senior Member

K2 still hasn't learned that it's silly to mess with the Sillyho? :P

i'm happy something got fixed.

Footumch

Well done SillyHo.

Very well written and very informative.

Amazing, I complained 2 years ago, send in copies of my bank account statements, asked them to cross check IP's etc and at that time didn't receive anything from BBB or K2. So, this is good news because it means that there is a chance that real problems can get fixed. Linus and CSR Kevin have been great in heading off many problems before they go to the BBB, I'm hoping to get one fixed now, keeping fingers crossed.

Linus is incredible, hes a one man army for the K2 networks. They need to bring back Colosis and Gorbag to clean up some servers now.

And nice post.

Banned

I am actually surprised people are amazed by this "new innovation". K2 has been solving problems through BBB since 2005. It's nothing new. People have been "using this awesome system" for a long time.

This is my most classic bbb complaint. All of you should read it. I thought it was funny when I wrote it.

Oh and none of these bbb complaints were true. I actually sold my account and was looking for freebies. So your assumption that K2 "actually works" is wrong. They don't work. Even if you call them retards, which I did, they will solve your "problem" on the BBB.

so u didn't get your characters back?

ppl like you try to get "freebies" from K2 results in poor customer service. They have to deal with 4984654 retarded customers on daily bases, so when someone actually do have a problem, they get treated with a copy and paste response, aka fucked over.

and here we are blaming K2. lawl

Banned

so u didn't get your characters back?

ppl like you try to get "freebies" from K2 results in poor customer service. They have to deal with 4984654 retarded customers on daily bases, so when someone actually do have a problem, they get treated with a copy and paste response, aka fucked over.

and here we are blaming K2. lawl[/b]
    If you read carefully, I was actually trying to get compensated for my "hacked items".

You are wrong. K2's customer support is inefficient because they themselves are morons. It doesn't take a long time to confirm a person's story. If I were to claim I was hacked by a person in Peru, all they have to do is check the ip logs and see if I am telling the truth. The point that I am trying to convey is that they don't check. Why? They are lazy. They hire people who are getting paid less than a peanut everyday. Most of them follow the company's norm and do what is most convenient to them - automated responses. It has nothing to do with people like me. People like me represent the average player - unethical, unreliable, and selfish. What you think people that play Knight Online are philanthropists? Go check Mahina's myspace, you will find the "most legit people" on there. Why? Is it because they want to be "buddies" with a middle aged woman who lives half way around the world? Nope.

If you read carefully, I was actually trying to get compensated for my "hacked items".

You are wrong. K2's customer support is inefficient because they themselves are morons. It doesn't take a long time to confirm a person's story. If I were to claim I was hacked by a person in Peru, all they have to do is check the ip logs and see if I am telling the truth. The point that I am trying to convey is that they don't check. Why? They are lazy. They hire people who are getting paid less than a peanut everyday. Most of them follow the company's norm and do what is most convenient to them - automated responses. It has nothing to do with people like me. People like me represent the average player - unethical, unreliable, and selfish. What you think people that play Knight Online are philanthropists? Go check Mahina's myspace, you will find the "most legit people" on there. Why? Is it because they want to be "buddies" with a middle aged woman who lives half way around the world? Nope.[/b]
    1: They are dealing with thousands of tickets on a daily bases, and please do not compare K2 to WoW customer service ever. WoW makes millions a month, whereas K2 makes no where near as much.
    2: Not every CSR have access to tools that can check IP / Logs. Hence is the reason why they have to transfer customers to the appropiate departments.

9/10 people that have claimed they have been hacked is not because K2's security system. It has something to do with sharing, keylogger etc. The bottom line is, it is player's own fault. How else will you know someone from Peru hacked you? lmao

I am not saying rollback / items lost isn't possible. This had happened to me before, countless times in fact. Of course automatic responses were given, but it probably happens once an year, and nothing serious enough to affect players.

Merchant hack was fixed within 24 hours btw.

Banned

1: They are dealing with thousands of tickets on a daily bases, and please do not compare K2 to WoW customer service ever. WoW makes millions a month, whereas K2 makes no where near as much.
    2: Not every CSR have access to tools that can check IP / Logs. Hence is the reason why they have to transfer customers to the appropiate departments.

9/10 people that have claimed they have been hacked is not because K2's security system. It has something to do with sharing, keylogger etc. The bottom line is, it is player's own fault. How else will you know someone from Peru hacked you? lmao

I am not saying rollback / items lost isn't possible. This had happened to me before, countless times in fact. Of course automatic responses were given, but it probably happens once an year, and nothing serious enough to affect players.

Merchant hack was fixed within 24 hours btw.[/b]
    2: Not every CSR have access to tools that can check IP / Logs. Hence is the reason why they have to transfer customers to the appropiate departments.[/b]
    This is all buffered euphamism for "they are fucking idiots". We don't care why they are not performing. We care if they are performing or not. If they are not performing, why don't they improve their management? Why don't they hire more employees? Why don't they give their employees more tools?

9/10 people that have claimed they have been hacked is not because K2's security system. It has something to do with sharing, keylogger etc. The bottom line is, it is player's own fault. How else will you know someone from Peru hacked you? lmao[/b]
    I think you are missing the point. My post had nothing to do with "whose fault it is for getting hacked".

My post reflects on your post.

They are performing, and I am sure they have enough staffs. The only reason why they seems to not perform is because 95% of the people that submit a customer support ticket, lies about their shit. Imagine dealing with the thousands of the customers on a daily bases, and repeatly reading tickets in regards to getting hacked / rolled back, which has nothing to do with K2's security system, and probably 80% of them are written in broken english.

This puts player like Sillyho gets fucked over because he is treated like one of "them".

If today I was to submit a ticket in regards to a misapplied payment or premium services, I would probably receive an appropiate response within 24 hours. This is simply because payment process is easy to track down, and no investigation is required. I doubt any player would submit a ticket to lie about their payments, because it just wont work. People have been banned for charging back / fraud payment in the past, and I am sure that is done within 48 hours of charging back / fraud payment.

Having to deal with thousands of customers and use log to track down everything on a Free 2 Play game just doesnt work. If I was working for K2, getting paid 9-15 dollars an hour, I would just copy and paste all my responses as well. I am sure you would too. Probably 80% of people in each server are playing on bronze premium or no premium at all, I doubt K2 itself is really making that much money an year.

I am sure the employees they hire don't last over 6 months due to low wage / poor benefit, hence is the reason why the majority of the CSR dont have access to tools related to log checks. Opening a trainning class every 2-3 months is not necessary, thats why there is plenty of transfer within a customer support ticket in regards to in game issues. On top of that, not all CSR plays KO, in fact I will bet you anything neither of them do, hence they dont even have the most basic common knowledge of the game.

The game itself is flawed, not the K2 management. After all if it was, USKO would ended up like CNKO / JPKO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast