Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Knight Online Remaster

This is a discussion on Knight Online Remaster within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Would you play KO again if they remastered it? Discuss....
Page: 1

iTzBryan Senior Member

Default Knight Online Remaster

Would you play KO again if they remastered it? Discuss.
    Decerto likes this.

if it was something like classic wow,where they went back to the 2006/2007 era,then yea,most def. If they just remastered the modern KO,with all this new bullshit,kurians,custom items,itd itd,then no.

100% if it was back to 2006-2008, then yeah. I think the majority would come back, even if just to try, remember how bad it was to EXP then leave
    Decerto and Kallop like this.

hell yeah good to see you posting bryan long time no see man. I miss the good old ko days.

2006-2008? I'd say 2004-2006, before ROFD. Maybe even before KE.
    However, the world has not seen many MMORPGs at that point of time. I believe the bugs we had to face back then would today make many of us not want to play anymore

old ko perfect times

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    I believe the bugs we had to face back then would today make many of us not want to play anymore
    The point of a remaster would be, in part, to fix any bugs that troubled the game.

I would play KE or ROFD anything after that just made the game worse. I havent logged into the REAL USKO in years, so I dont know what has all changed but I see alot of photos and videos with new items, classes and it all just looks dumb. I miss the original game.
    Decerto likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pure View Post
    I would play KE or ROFD anything after that just made the game worse. I havent logged into the REAL USKO in years, so I dont know what has all changed but I see alot of photos and videos with new items, classes and it all just looks dumb. I miss the original game.
    I agree 100% What you kids play Today isnt even Knight online anymore.

Little archer Senior Member

HD textures and maybe a bit of rebalancing? Of course. Just stick the kurians up their korean asses, nobody likes them.

Simple vanilla KO is too barebones for a 2019+ game though. What's up bryan, you tryna buy their license?

No doubt , hell yeah

Probation Senior Member

Raising the lvl cap to 83 was a massive mistake imo.. Instead of raising the lvl cap mabe they should have added more content and got a handle on the sales of +9-+10 items. Alot of people love 83 cap so what we have is the same situation that runescape had when they released eoc expansion. What the company did later on was they reopened 07 runescape and kept eoc. Now the game is bigger than ever. I think this would work for knight online. Release original myko version and make it players first meaning all updates get polled by the players.

I feel like there were two major issues that dipped the quality of KO to where it is now. It's sloppy progression and the player base. There are many things that they added that was extremely buggy or not used at all (From items and features, to npcs and weird broken quests. You can take your pick). Since they never stopped to polish these flaws up, and continued to release more on top of it, it became what it is today, a huge mess. My guess is that which you mean by a remaster is to fix on this part of the issue, which would be pretty amazing if done, but that's only one side of the coin. The player base also plays a huge part. There is no stability nowadays since we are all grown now. We have lives outside of KO so we can't really steadily play on a server. That causes a huge downshift in population overall. The first week or two it flourishes, and then the population always begin to diminish at an increasing rate once it becomes noticeable. The first to go are the ones who have better things to do, then the ones who notice people leaving follow suit (Mob mentality), and then the server is pretty much 20% of what it was. Then to beat a dead horse, people begin to create the narrative of "Don't play there, it's dead. KO is dead, That server sucks, blahzay blah" which hinders any little spark of revival for a server at all.

Sure, a remaster would look nice in the forefront, but what actions would be taken in order to fix the social issues in KO would be the determining factor of people coming back to play a remastered KO. New particles and effects would be nice and a rewind in it's version would be great, but that's honestly just giving an out of shape girl a Brazilian butt lift. Some people will be content and satisfied because of the bigger ass but the core problem will still remain with the players we have playing. If it's remastered, there are many questions you have to ask, such as how to target new players who haven't touched the KO scene, how to retain the current players and satisfy their nostalgic feeling without making it too boring, how do we introduce new content that won't dip the quality of the game and keep things fresh, etc; And chances are, they won't do all of that.

As for people complaining about the newer updates that came after RoFD, in KO's defense, they took a step in the right direction with releasing new content. A game becomes stale once you reach end game and do the same thing for 8-10 hours a day. There was only so much bowl circle runs a man can do before they grow weary and tired. The release of lv 83, the release of new items to farm, releasing a new class to spice it up (Right direction, just poorly released) and the release of new events like BDW, Juraid, Chaos, etc; were not as bad as all of you make it seem. It's just the newer gear that came out made other gear obsolete unless they were +9/10. There was no balance to the newer items that was coming out after each expansion. What a lot of people miss was the variety of gear, back when people werent wearing all the same glowing gear. That is something else that has to be considered.

And then we have to talk about the Pay2Win concept of Knight online. So it's pretty much 3 issues. I'm a babashopper myself (Anyone who knows me knows that), and the gap I can create with my Mastercard alone vs a free2play is just horrendous. Like it's literally stupid. The overall gap between pay2play and free2play should not be as huge as it is in Knight Online, period. There should be incentives to use the PUS, for example cosmetics and (Emphasis on SMALL boosts, but knight online is basically unplayable without PUS or babashopping. The PUS would have to be re-hauled completely in order for a rework to really succeed (At least that's how I feel). As far as the gold farmers, as much as people hate them, they do bring activity to the game. Some people literally make their living off of knight online (Sad right? I know..), so to completely black ball gold farming would be kind of a stab in KO's own foot, but that's something they also need to get a grip on.

tldr:
    • Yes I would play, but if I stay is dependent on a few things
    • New particle effects and graphics and all would be good
    • It can only work if other issues are fixed, such as new player retention, new vs vet skill gap, new content balancing, pay2win balancing, & 2 week play n quit mentality

On the Unreal engine it would be bloody epic!

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Well looking at the success of WoW classic, it would be a nice idea.
    BUT, KO has always been shit and they wont be able to fix any of the bugs without creating 100 new ones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast