Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

KO Worthwhile?

This is a discussion on KO Worthwhile? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; KO is on its last legs as a game, Mgames did not expect this game to last as long as ...
Page: 2

mike6w6

KO is on its last legs as a game, Mgames did not expect this game to last as long as it did and Mgames has moved on to there other games and not really interested in KO anymore, there developement resources are being used in there newer games and not updates and patches for ko anymore. K2 just hosts the game, they have there license and try and max out prem and KC from there client base, but end of days is coming to the k2 license. Mgames is a much bigger company than k2 and there more interested in developing there newer games and getting companies like k2 to license and host them, ko is 5 years old and on its last legs the bugs and disbaled areas will not be fixed and are not coming back. If there is certain areas of the game you like and can deal with the bugs than sure its worth coming back and playing. I expect an annoucement in the not to distant future saying that the game will be closing on xxxx date in 2009.[/b]
    YEA BUT RAZY WAS ALLWAYS A SKIRTBOY

Shane1911

KO is on its last legs as a game, Mgames did not expect this game to last as long as it did and Mgames has moved on to there other games and not really interested in KO anymore, there developement resources are being used in there newer games and not updates and patches for ko anymore. K2 just hosts the game, they have there license and try and max out prem and KC from there client base, but end of days is coming to the k2 license. Mgames is a much bigger company than k2 and there more interested in developing there newer games and getting companies like k2 to license and host them, ko is 5 years old and on its last legs the bugs and disbaled areas will not be fixed and are not coming back. If there is certain areas of the game you like and can deal with the bugs than sure its worth coming back and playing. I expect an annoucement in the not to distant future saying that the game will be closing on xxxx date in 2009 or if there are enough people still paying and its still worth while for k2 to run it and are able to generate a profit than it just might run for along time. The game in 2006 had a active population of about 200k players on all servers today its down to 40k so if the drain continues for awhile more k2 will drop below profitability and the game will close.[/b]
    Maybe I can write one big run-on sentence, and throw out a few random statistics and people might think I knew what the hell I was talking about too.

Do you work for Mgames? If not, STFU because this is obviously your OPINION, even though you are stating it as though it was a fact.

draviste

where is your evidence for this[/b]
    Ask anyone at k2 about Mgames and there view on the future of ko, k2 just hosts this game, there tech staff are able to maintain the servers and do minor changes to the game but after that they k2 are just a hosting company if you really want to know about KO's future contact Mgames hell they have an office near k2.

Maybe I can write one big run-on sentence, and throw out a few random statistics and people might think I knew what the hell I was talking about too.

Do you work for Mgames? If not, STFU because this appears to be your OPINION, even though you are stating it as though it was a fact. Nice first post... [/b]
    SoSorry your in denile about your gaming future, and who gives ashit about grammer fuk face get the fuk off my nuts, it is my opinion based on some insider information and basic logic.

Shane1911

Ask anyone at k2 about Mgames and there view on the future of ko, k2 just hosts this game, there tech staff are able to maintain the servers and do minor changes to the game but after that they k2 are just a hosting company if you really want to know about KO's future contact Mgames hell they have an office near k2.
    SoSorry your in denile about your gaming future, and who gives ashit about grammer fuk face get the fuk off my nuts, it is my opinion based on some insider information and basic logic.[/b]
    OK - check back on this thread in a year from now and remind me that KO is closing.

Newsflash - K2 isn't going anywhere because we all continue to pay to play a game we bitch about constantly. Heck of a deal for K2. When the money stops, K2 stops. And the money ain't stopping...

If you already escaped the game; Stay out. It is same old..same old.

bugs,cheaters, dc, lag and much more.

draviste

OK - check back on this thread in a year from now and remind me that KO is closing.

Newsflash - K2 isn't going anywhere because we all continue to pay to play a game we bitch about constantly. Heck of a deal for K2. When the money stops, K2 stops. And the money ain't stopping...[/b]
    Your correct as long as it stays profitable it will continue to run, but why I come to my conclusion is the paying base is down from 2006 from 200k to 40k (this is a fact easily checked), if the game continues to lose players than the profitabilty margin will continue to drop to a level that it is not profitable to run anymore. Without bug fixes and patches (in my opinion) and with cointinued negative feedback from the various forums than the number of new paying customers will not replace the paying players leaving the game. I guess the mystery number I am missing is what number of players buying premium and kc is the break even point, like do they need 10k 20k that number would be the deciding factor as to how long it remains profitable. But regardless Mgames has an office near k2 in Irvine (thats a fact too) and they are doing the bare minimum to maintain the licenses, if you want info I am sure someone can find the mgames tel number and give em a call.

And yes this is my opinion based on insider info, basic logic and reality, if Mgames really cared about this game than were are the patches the fixes, Per or whatever his names is has posted on the official forum repsonding to people asking about bug fixes that they have asked mgames for this and that and have not heard back from them.

And here is the reference material why Mgames does not care about the game Peregrine the root admins response's.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...=184636&hl=
    http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...=184675&hl=

Your correct as long as it stays profitable it will continue to run, but why I come to my conclusion is the paying base is down from 2006 from 200k to 40k (this is a fact easily checked), if the game continues to lose players than the profitabilty margin will continue to drop to a level that it is not profitable to run anymore. Without bug fixes and patches (in my opinion) and with cointinued negative feedback from the various forums than the number of new paying customers will not replace the paying players leaving the game. I guess the mystery number I am missing is what number of players buying premium and kc is the break even point, like do they need 10k 20k that number would be the deciding factor as to how long it remains profitable. But regardless Mgames has an office near k2 in Irvine (thats a fact too) and they are doing the bare minimum to maintain the licenses, if you want info I am sure someone can find the mgames tel number and give em a call.

And yes this is my opinion based on insider info, basic logic and reality, if Mgames really cared about this game than were are the patches the fixes, Per or whatever his names is has posted on the official forum repsonding to people asking about bug fixes that they have asked mgames for this and that and have not heard back from them[/b]

I am sorry but your "inside" information doesn't seem to jive with reality. In fact this new expansion cost a ton of money, not to mention the conversion to purchased servers over rented servers. There is no way any gaming company would do either of these if they weren't looking towards a longer outlook then a year.

Also, from 2006 to current the number of unique subscribers is waaay up, in 2006 you only had up to Oly now you have twice as many worlds. You can't say it's because server 3 is gone since 2 and 3 were hardly ever crowded originally. During peek Turk times the only server open is CW all other servers are to capacity. On top of that in 06 many players only played on Bronze, now you pay almost 3x as much a month for plat not to mention the massive amounts of new PUS items released and in use since then. You also neglected to mention the purchase of JPKO, why would they do that, again you're supposed facts don't correlate with actuality.

I do feel the game isn't expanding, but I just do not believe your so called figures. If anything I can see insiders predicting a lack of expansion in player numbers over the years and a probable decline to some extent but the last expansion proves you wrong in the idea that game is going to be nixed. First of all, the overhead to host this game is dirt cheap especially once it's up and running (actual proof is looking at private servers), they can host this game with little or no patches for pennies compared to profit. KO may not be the most popular game at K2 anymore but the profits will keep it going for a long time to come.

Your post is full of generalities based on no factual data, only hearsay. If you have real numbers, post them and show the links that you got them from. Personally I think your post is irresponsible (shouting fire in a crowded room) and more then likely a facade to cover ur underlying dislike for the game or something. If I am wrong, back up what you are saying with something less then unreliable supposed insider gossip, otherwise I just don't believe you.

Zaczaco11

I am sorry but your "inside" information doesn't seem to jive with reality. In fact this new expansion cost a ton of money, not to mention the conversion to purchased servers over rented servers. There is no way any gaming company would do either of these if they weren't looking towards a longer outlook then a year.

Also, from 2006 to current the number of unique subscribers is waaay up, in 2006 you only had up to Oly now you have twice as many worlds. You can't say it's because server 3 is gone since 2 and 3 were hardly ever crowded originally. During peek Turk times the only server open is CW all other servers are to capacity. On top of that in 06 many players only played on Bronze, now you pay almost 3x as much a month for plat not to mention the massive amounts of new PUS items released and in use since then. You also neglected to mention the purchase of JPKO, why would they do that, again you're supposed facts don't correlate with actuality.

I do feel the game isn't expanding, but I just do not believe your so called figures. If anything I can see insiders predicting a lack of expansion in player numbers over the years and a probable decline to some extent but the last expansion proves you wrong in the idea that game is going to be nixed. First of all, the overhead to host this game is dirt cheap especially once it's up and running (actual proof is looking at private servers), they can host this game with little or no patches for pennies compared to profit. KO may not be the most popular game at K2 anymore but the profits will keep it going for a long time to come.

Your post is full of generalities based on no factual data, only hearsay. If you have real numbers, post them and show the links that you got them from. Personally I think your post is irresponsible (shouting fire in a crowded room) and more then likely a facade to cover ur underlying dislike for the game or something. If I am wrong, back up what you are saying with something less then unreliable supposed insider gossip, otherwise I just don't believe you.[/b]
    don't bother with him, he thinks because he got hydor fired, and a few thousand in items (which if he had brought it to a lawsuit could have been a few hundred thousand), he now knows everything and is king of all that is ko, he'll just turn around in a flame (which by me posting this will A) difuse the flame he would have posted B)divert the flame towards me) and post some more useless facts that he gets from his "inside information" mainly an email to saphyr every once or twice a month, but her information isn't even 100% trustable seeing as she quit k2 a year or 2 ago.

Ainelover

Hmm. KO PvP = Running around killing people

WoW PvP = Actual Battleground objectives and strategies to win.[/b]

i like wow pvp more then ko pvp myself to-.-, ko pvp is funny for a while but, gets old, same people all the time. wow atleast got a system :]

Banned

maybe u r right, ppl are leaving, but way more ppl are coming to play

its like when ppl die, there are ppl who burn

draviste

Your post is full of generalities based on no factual data, only hearsay. If you have real numbers, post them and show the links that you got them from. Personally I think your post is irresponsible (shouting fire in a crowded room) and more then likely a facade to cover ur underlying dislike for the game or something. If I am wrong, back up what you are saying with something less then unreliable supposed insider gossip, otherwise I just don't believe you.[/b]
    Okay lets break it down.
    1) Edana was out in 2006 there were 3 servers on each with a server cap of 10k per server, the point at which you needed to have premium to enter, today 1250 cap on each.
    2) They did not pay for the expansion it came with there license from mgames.
    3) They did not purchase Japko Mgames did, k2 has nothign to do with Japko.
    4) They did not buy any new servers they re used all the ones that used to be server 3's.
    5) KO is the most popular game at k2 it is not the one mgames cares about ( be carfeul to differentiate between k2 ( the host) and Mgmaes the developer.
    6) Yes lots of new things to spend money on Plat, Pus items and long term premium which is k2 maxing out the profitabilty.

Ask anyone that worked for k2 in the past about the numbers, they are way down every expansion that I have ever seen Knight Empire, Fire Drake, Bitfrost has always had a new server come with it, this expansion there was no need as demand was not there for new players coming onboard just existing players wanting a fresh start.

This is just an opinion to discuss I personally think that as long as there is profit to be made than it will continue, only thing that could mess that up is Mgames who in fact are the owners of the game and license k2 to host and run it, or if enough players reach the end of the line with the bugs and decide to quit.

draviste

don't bother with him, he thinks because he got hydor fired, and a few thousand in items (which if he had brought it to a lawsuit could have been a few hundred thousand), he now knows everything and is king of all that is ko, he'll just turn around in a flame (which by me posting this will A) difuse the flame he would have posted B)divert the flame towards me) and post some more useless facts that he gets from his "inside information" mainly an email to saphyr every once or twice a month, but her information isn't even 100% trustable seeing as she quit k2 a year or 2 ago.[/b]
    You seem to invite flaming by your posts, I guess you did not read Felix's post that well, I asked Deb about you she has never heard of you or talked to you so your information on Deb/Saphyr is at best 2nd hand or hersay so I do not know how much relevance your statements are about her. I think your just trying to be a expert on the goings on in the Bera days without really knowing anything factual or having any real contacts. Just a thought maybe not gives as much credibility to what you hear in vent, alot of people just like to bs in vent. Basically I just threw out something to discuss about the health of the game and as Felix mentioned in his post you decide to contribute nothing to it but attempt to turn it into a flame fest, I guess this is part of the problem with why alot of people will not post on hear anymore, and I have also been as bad as the rest in flaming.

Zaczaco11

You seem to invite flaming by your posts, I guess you did not read Felix's post that well, I asked Deb about you she has never heard of you or talked to you so your information on Deb/Saphyr is at best 2nd hand or hersay so I do not know how much relevevance your statements are about her, I think your just trying to be a expert on the goings on in the Bera days without really knowing anything factual. Just a thought maybe not gives as much credibility to what you hear in vent, alot of people just like to bs in vent..[/b]
    the one where you flamed a guy for his name? yea i totally misunderstood that one.

and um i heard it from you and dean, when you were butt buddies, in your vent

draviste

the one where you flamed a guy for his name? yea i totally misunderstood that one.

and um i heard it from you and dean, when you were butt buddies, in your vent[/b]
    You just dont know any better do you, but hey atleast I tried one time to be not involved in the flames.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

and um i heard it from you and dean, when you were butt buddies, in your vent[/b]
    Unnecessary, take a week to cool off.

Any more flaming from anyone else will result in 7-day vacations.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast