Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Mage Staffs.

This is a discussion on Mage Staffs. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Everyone keeps saying something different, so I'd appreciate a definitive answer... Whats the difference between a staff with high elemental ...
Page: 1

Default Mage Staffs.

Everyone keeps saying something different, so I'd appreciate a definitive answer...

Whats the difference between a staff with high elemental damage, like a WOE, and a staff with high AP, like Hell Blood?

Does the one with more elemental damage do more spell damage, and the one with high AP more on hit spell damage? If this is correct, a WOE is the best option for leveling, right?

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastyBoy View Post
    Everyone keeps saying something different, so I'd appreciate a definitive answer...

Whats the difference between a staff with high elemental damage, like a WOE, and a staff with high AP, like Hell Blood?

Does the one with more elemental damage do more spell damage, and the one with high AP more on hit spell damage? If this is correct, a WOE is the best option for leveling, right?
    if you want an answer that isnt just opinion log a private server that gives every item at the same +. My personal experience higher attack power = higher staff attack damage. I never really paid attention to other skills damage because i did a lot of fighting up close.

Yeah but I'm sure there's some definite answer as to which does more spell damage and which does more on hit staff damage :P

Yeah but I'm sure there's some definite answer as to which does more spell damage and which does more on hit staff damage :P
    Everything is important, AP of staff, Elemental bonus MP - the difference is that some spells are affected in different way. If you want hit hard with every skill you need staffs that will have high elmental + AP.
    Smooth and azreal313 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    Everything is important, AP of staff, Elemental bonus MP - the difference is that some spells are affected in different way. If you want hit hard with every skill you need staffs that will have high elmental + AP.
    +1 ...

In my experience, the high level skills (i.e. the skills that hit the hardest) are mostly affected by staff AP. Only with the lower level skills have I ever hit harder with an erenion over something else.

As for stun/slow, I have no idea. Some say INT affects stun and elemental damage affects slow, but I've never tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    In my experience, the high level skills (i.e. the skills that hit the hardest) are mostly affected by staff AP. Only with the lower level skills have I ever hit harder with an erenion over something else.

As for stun/slow, I have no idea. Some say INT affects stun and elemental damage affects slow, but I've never tested.
    Both nova and meteor fall are affected by Elemental.

Well the thing is that I think for xping at high levels, since I don't have genie, I'll have to spend my time novaing uruks or something, for monstr stones and stuff aswell... So I probably want high elemental damage?

So in my case whats the best for me?

Sorry for all the questions haha

Well the thing is that I think for xping at high levels, since I don't have genie, I'll have to spend my time novaing uruks or something, for monstr stones and stuff aswell... So I probably want high elemental damage?

So in my case whats the best for me?

Sorry for all the questions haha
    for monster stone you need manes or 72 lvl staff = both need AP of staff, for aoe you need elemental too. I would sugest UTC +7 staff, cheap and got both

for monster staff you need manes or 72 lvl staff = both need AP of staff, for aoe you need elemental too. I would sugest UTC +7 staff, cheap and got both
    He said monster stones, not monster staff ;P and you can easily do monster stones with quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    He said monster stones, not monster staff ;P and you can easily do monster stones with quest gear.
    my typo, still that dosent change anything from my comment.

my typo, still that dosent change anything from my comment.
    I know by the way, say for Steam launch, how good are the quest staffs you can get compared to low grade uniques like +3/4 Chaotic and such. I believe you can get a 103 AP staff from a level 60 something quest, surely that's not too bad?

How much does UTC +7 cost? I only have around 200mil to spend for a staff for leveling, then I can hopefully make more at higher levels thru merchanting, FT, chaos and ED

How much does UTC +7 cost? I only have around 200mil to spend for a staff for leveling, then I can hopefully make more at higher levels thru merchanting, FT, chaos and ED
    Why aren't you just waiting for the Steam server so you don't have to spend so much money on items? O.o

Already have nttpoints, needed them for verification, and since they can't be used on steam...

Also, just starting up in case steam servers require prem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast