Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New GM Pwning in Xig....

This is a discussion on New GM Pwning in Xig.... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Natazaku Yeah we got DuWolf as a constable that does nothing but gain for himself from it. ...
Page: 2

DuWolf

Originally posted by Natazaku
    Yeah we got DuWolf as a constable that does nothing but gain for himself from it.

try getting your head outta your ass, there havent been constables in a long while. btw what have i gained for myself.. im sure id like to know, or u just one of the majority that cries when there incompetent.

:911:

i must be the GM i have best online time in the game ^^

Lawless

Well you gotta admit there Wolfie, your gonna be a target for this kinda nonsence.

Rentzusuken

Originally posted by Lawless
    Well ive heard all that over and over.....perhaps he does to a minor degree, but im sure that in that particular role hes doin more good than bad, at least he doing SOMETHING. *Get about 15 or so of the top legit clans (and everyone knows who the hell those are) acting as constables and alot of issues could just go away, *I myself ran into about 15 differnt macroers today leveling my DLW twink. *If i was a constable with a working report system that went to an active GM theres 15 server wreakers gone in one day of minding my buisiness
    I don't know if the constable system is a good one at this stage in the game. For one, there is no such thing as a legitimate clan anymore and I dare someone to present proof otherwise. Everyone has someone in there who has either done something illegitimate already or looking for an opportunity to do so. Charging an entire clan with patrolling the server won't work as each individual cannot be trusted to not abuse what little power they have.

If the GMs are around long enough to get to know the people in the server and select constables, I don't know if that would even work. Most people who are eligible are generally over it as the same song and dance has already been played out. JessicaWabbit was flooded with incriminating media of cheaters on the server and simply couldn't get most of it handled. It wasn't for lack of trying or organization, but because the powers given to her were not adequate. She was just a middlewoman receiving information from her own middlemen and passing it along. Too much changing of hands and you absolutely cannot expect much to get done like that. There are no checks and balances with K2, no power in the hands of people who need it, and too much in the hands of those who don't care to use it properly.

I think the answer lies in increasing the GM presence, i.e. increasing the number of GMs per server, and implementing checks and balances. Set expectations for them to spend so many hours of the day patrolling and have them present proof of it. Limit the number of events they can hold in a month or even on a quarterly basis. Rotate the GMs to different servers every quarter so they can't get too familiar with people on the server and forge deadly relationships with players. They should be there to do a job, not fraternise. It's good to be liked and popular, but where you become most appreciated is in the results of how you help the server, not how you disseminate items.

On the back-end, if banlists get "too long", then simply delete the accounts of those who carried out things such as duping; don't remove existing bans. Set timetables for investigations and follow through with them, taking decisive action as necessary. Listen to and act on the submissions of GMs and players who provide proof of bugs, suggestions on how to make the overall gaming experience better, and tips on detrimental trends.

Lawless

LOL a rather longwinded agreement to my point....Constables would only work if handpicked, had direct access to a GM who had the the proper tools to handle the problems in real time....thats the soultion to most issues, Lots of fulltime GM's and lots of legit people to assist them

Wylow

I'd love to see a GM on 24/7. Right now, there are hours and hours when everyone knows GM's aren't online (for the most part) and that is when you see the cheaters in masses. It would be nice to have this available to have someone to turn to when you catch dupers/macroers, etc. Personally, only on the weekends do I ever see GM's course that is because I usually play early in the morning Easter Time.

Just a thought

:911:

vote me to be gm :P :wub: h43r:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12