View Poll Results: Do you see yourself playing this server someday?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 51.46%
  • No

40 38.83%
  • I'd probably play both this & USKO

10 9.71%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

A New Project

This is a discussion on A New Project within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Absolutely love the idea, I'd give KO a go again when you launch this, despite all the previous negative comments. ...
Page: 6

Absolutely love the idea, I'd give KO a go again when you launch this, despite all the previous negative comments. I think that IT IS possible to make a private server which will last and be balanced, at least if the people playing it have the same believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Absolutely love the idea, I'd give KO a go again when you launch this, despite all the previous negative comments. I think that IT IS possible to make a private server which will last and be balanced, at least if the people playing it have the same believes.
    To be honest, surprisingly, there was very little (if any) negative comments at all. At least, none that I recall, or could otherwise identify when I quickly ran back over the thread.
    Good start! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Lets get hostile back together!
    na nvm, i aint coming back.

Good luck though danny!

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

If its made and monitor ed by Danny you know it will be good.. id definitely try it
    Killing spree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I agree with you Vigilante, but we aren't going to add Krowaz armors or Cursed weapons, and so forth. Rogues will be as original as can be and will have to learn to know that their MP pots ARE their HP pots, CTRL minor disabled of course. Archers won't be able to do the multishot combo either, but they will be adjusted to fit the crowds. Priests will be able to tank a tiny bit better. Mages will have their animations altered and if there's a majority of AOE hordes or a minority of staffers, they will be adjusted accordingly. Warriors will be able to last long enough and have the advantage to leg cut light feeters more easily. So basically, no matter what class you pick, everyone should be equal, except of course for the item differences -- which means, pick the class you enjoy playing the most and don't think about "I'm just gunna go mage and join the AOE horde and get an NP whore sharer", you won't need to here.

We plan on keeping this an Ardream only server, and in the future, IF the server is stable and a new successful English community, we will expand it by either making a 2nd server for people to start fresh for 72- or just add CZ so people can play both CZ/DCZ on their same account happily. I would like to have ardream and CZ on the same server (or exist at all), but it's really really difficult to get that many people to play one server to be able to keep both PK zones active enough to make people continue to log on.

Server developers need to realize that this community wants ONE good server that everyone can pay for together. The more people paying for it at once, the cheaper it is not just for the developers, but for the players. If for example it costs $300 to run a server for a month, dividing that by 50 players would have to charge everyone approximately $6 a month, which would pay for everything they need as far as premium, scrolls or even name changing, etc. However, if we had an upgraded server for lets say somewhere closer to the $500 range, with about 200 players, which is feasible, everyone would be paying $2.50 a month, again for everything. Instead, the way it's going now is everyone is split up and trying to log into the randomized different servers at "peak hours" and then on to the next one cause it died for the rest of the night. Why not just have 1 amazing server where everyone can log at anytime and always find it fun. We'd really love that and everyone (or most of you these days) know that I am not the person to give a damn about making a shiny penny. I work full time, I'm not going to depend on a game to help me pay my bills. Those who used me as a trade mod know that I never even accepted any tips and always gave my time to help build a better server, community and forum. I've always wanted to do this project but never had the priority to do so until now, during my free time of course.

For an update of good news, we have found a wonderful new partner to merge servers with us, so the process should be able to speed up now. I would assume the 2nd week of January to be able to release the finalized version to the public. I will also make a new thread about the details in the PS section. We are working on the server throughout the weekdays so if anyone has any ideas/suggestions they'd like to see in-game, please post them here or message me! Thank you
    Dcz server the minor cooldown or not isn't that big of an issue. Limited mana pool and all. Even at 70+ I never understood the steadfast support of non cooldown double minor. I beat a vast majority of people with single minor+hp pot. Actually, I remember reading somewhere on this forum how someone did an analysis and found that hp pot single minor was only SLIGHTLY worse than double minor. Problem is, it's more difficult to get the timing down.....and since humans in general love the easy way out....well ya know.

I'm not so sure taking out archer combo is that great of an idea. I thought it made the class much more viable. Maybe you should try both ways and let everyone decide shich is more balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    I remember reading somewhere on this forum how someone did an analysis and found that hp pot single minor was only SLIGHTLY worse than double minor. Problem is, it's more difficult to get the timing down.....
    For ardream this might be the case, although I don't find it that difficult to time it right. For cz and possibly RLB it's a big difference. When you can have 5-6k mana without cooldown, you can make one extra skill bar full of minors to drain it out in a second and save your ass constantly :P I used to do with with 4x minor 1x soul pot when I played archer.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    To be honest, surprisingly, there was very little (if any) negative comments at all. At least, none that I recall, or could otherwise identify when I quickly ran back over the thread.
    Good start! :-)
    I meant negative comments as in the reactions of quite some people who dont believe in a working private server and therefor it should be considered as a waste of time trying to do so. Should have formulated that better :P

Any news????

I say have an ardream or rlb cap with +7's and max +8's to make every class equal. then have a cz where people can grind. It would cater to the most people I think. basically a lower lvl pvp only with equal gear so you don't have to farm. Then for the people who want to farm, they can lvl from 59 - 70 or 69-80 depending on lvl cap. and make it no lvling for the pvp zone so each char starts at that lvl.
    my 2 cents. hard to make this work though

Gotta love a constructive wall-of-text I have read it all though and have to say that i think you have really voiced the KO desires of a lot of oldies who have moved on in their lives and don't have as much time on their hands anymore as back in 2006. Being able to just log on every now and then as everything you have said sounds awesome. Is it feasible to run a server like that for longer than a month? Don't know, maybe razor is right, maybe things don't work that way anymore, either way I keep my fingers crossed for you and I will be giving this KO dream a go for definite.

However, for the love of God leave archer combo in

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

well well well Danny, long time no see. I myself havent logged this shit in more than a year. SexyKO is nearly dead right now, we are on the verge of letting it die over this year and re-enabling it has a farm server since so many people have been asking. Honestly, it is also the only server that has lasted for so long, like 6+ years so i mean, it definitely can be done. Most PS's dont last past 8 months, its strictly done for cash, however this server has such a good rep but the current status of KO with the server merge killed PS populations a bit, so its just a time issue i think.

I'm defenitely going to try this out, keep this up! And so do i believe in a balanced,active surviving server.

why is the level cap going to be 59? any explanation for this?

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Happy new year to everyone. I wasn't around as we've been out and about and now, it's back to reality. So bad news, we don't have an SQL guy to do our quest work anymore and we need one that we can trust again. If anyone who has knowledge on this, please message me, the sooner you do, the sooner this server will be released.

@InternalFire - I know you want archer combo to be implemented, but we will be trying our set up of balancing perfection and THEN according to what characters people create and start using in PK, can we then know how to adjust it so that whatever character you made, you will have your advantages and disadvantages to the best possible point to each other. For archers, we plan on keeping all timing as the original system where minor had no cooldown, but we will decrease the failed skill chance so that if you use a stronger shot, it will 90% or more of the time, succeed. Your regular attacks that cost no mana will shoot as powerful as your cheap shot and you should be strong enough to solo PK happily. Don't get me wrong though, if you have lets say 50/100 strength in your GEAR and an Assassin has 50/100 strength in gear just like you, the fight will be entirely up to your skill to win. However, if you have two 25/100 sin's on your 50/100, you will have to maneuver your way into defeating them both, but it won't be easy as depending on your necklace/belt.

At everyone debating about the success of the server; it doesn't matter how much time to perfect we invest, the server won't last even 1 week if people don't plan on coming and staying. There are too many servers out there, but what everyone needs to put in their minds is to realize that we will not want a penny from you, you the players will be paying for your own server, not for your developer to bail out on you and care less about what's going on in the server because his wallet is kinda full thanks to you. In other words, if we die, it's due to the lack of support on your own part. If you want a server, just pay for it to be up, the money you donate will pay for your PUS necessities (which will get cheaper and cheaper only when/if more and more people join), so everyone is happy.

About the 59 level cap; I believe it is a much better approach for us to have a solid community who like the active competition that was easier to obtain in a shorter amount of time, and THEN move on from there to a 72- server. But if we release both DCZ and CZ at once, it will most probably divide enough to ruin the experience you have during PK and only allow you to find certain hours where you can finally have some fun. We don't want just certain hours. We want you to be flexible and happy enough to log whenever you want, whether you're one-half way across the globe or the other, and still find some PK or some Event to get some items, NP or just plain fun.

We will always stay +8 and below as I believe people will be happy enough to trade easier to obtain/upgrade tiers. Also, if there were 9's and/or 10's, babashopping will utterly ruin everything for you supporters. Maybe in a year or two and 500+ players, we'll make a few changes, but we can talk later about that, lol.

As far as a release date, if we don't get some help with SQL, we see at least another month until we can finish it ourselves. Otherwise, with someone dedicated full time for 2-3 days, we can shave off up to 2 weeks. Thanks.

Little archer Senior Member

Just some random thoughts I had:

Mmos require progression, that's why pvp-only servers fail. They require no effort and can be picked up as easily as they can be dropped.

People must feel the need to work towards a goal, whether it is level wise, gear wise or NP / ego wise (symbols help but they aren't enough to sustain a pvp only game). Usually MMORPGs spin around being "the best" and of course having fun. There's a reason why people no life it in new servers or baba it up. They want to be the best, or at least competitive. Even if it's a secondary goal in a mmo, its always sitting there.

The problem arises in the fact that KO's sense of progression is outdated. There's no immediate reward without immense amounts of grind and commitment, and if by any chance you make it too easy then people reach endgame / top gear stats and quickly get bored / leave. KO isn't a casual game where a player says "oh well I got my FP set so I'm happy now, I'm gonna devote the rest of my time to have fun in pk!" they always strive for more and more gear.

That reasoning makes it seem like medium / hard farm servers are the way to go, but they also have a downside and that's the simple fact that people won't bother starting in a server that is already old. Nobody likes playing on servers where you missed the headstart and everyone's already 70, and that holds true even for official KO servers.

It's extremely hard to find a happy middle ground and I admit that while I haven't really brainstormed about it, I doubt I'd figure out something that fixes these issues without altering the way this game works. There's just a lack of tech in its engine.
    ScreameR likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast