Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Official Kronos Server Discussion Topic

This is a discussion on Official Kronos Server Discussion Topic within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao and here is the proof... fucking new guys dont respect the old LEGIT players.. Nobody cares ...
Page: 7

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    and here is the proof...

fucking new guys dont respect the old LEGIT players..
    Nobody cares about the "old" players, its the players we know/ played with.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    and here is the proof...

fucking new guys dont respect the old LEGIT players..
    why "new"players shuld respect "old" players if "old" player dont respect "new" player. And tell me who in your opinion is "new" and who is "old" ?

he got a bigger ego than he should have...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    why "new"players shuld respect "old" players if "old" player dont respect "new" player. And tell me who in your opinion is "new" and who is "old" ?

I'm old

Effectivly this forum in what ever guise is now heading towards 4 years of being online in 2010. I see people that have been on here or the game since early 2009 giving it the "big I am". Alot of us at one point have been in a situation where we were indeed classed as the be all and end all of this game.

Some respect is due in both directions addmitidly but I would state anyone from the orginal 4 KO servers of Area , Diez , Xidg and Bera are old players. I am sure that out of that 4 Ares and Diez sill see Bera as the orginal baba server and Xidg was run by TOIC for years and years as they we by far the strongest clan there during KO and KE.

End of the day I've know Schrotti as a guy I orginall wanted to castrate to someone who is now a friend. He may be German but he's someone who I would trust when he says that someone who has been on here for a few months is actually being a cheat on what ever server. Also trying to point the finger at Schrotti for cheating is so funny as I know the people he is playing with and they would never after playing this game since MYKO go down the road of cheating. They know this game too well and it was their movies and guides that thaught the rest of you how to play this game!

there are no such "new players" and "old players" there are newbies and noobs

Ugh I hate how this community considers old players... I myself started playing back in MYKO and stuck with it until it's death (Even through the p2p period) RIP...

Sorry but most old players like myself were just subpar at best. We all sucked, do you actually remember those days? Warriors were using 255 builds, rogues would use 6 skills and hp pots. I mean be serious, those days were fun because pk was easier (everything else was a grind). If you were lucky enough to align yourself with the right people you could rule a server with +0 uniques and +7 high class items. The fact is even the average player has the basic knowledge of what to do with his class now a days. Aligning yourself with any players works now, there are no BIG questions left to answer when it comes to KO. (Unless other big upgrades come thorough). In my opinion a LOT of old players stayed subpar when it came to this game. I mean Schrotti , you never really improved after rofd + you play the easiest class in KO..... smh

BTW to Felix, you've always stuck to the illusion that every1 learned how to play KO through guides. Your wrong in that aspect of thinking, most people learned through videos and questions asked.. In the case of rogues CTRL minor made everything easy, we only became a dominating class when double minor was introduced. The days when a rogue could tank 7 players without having to worry about his mp.
    Last edited by Smokin Ace; 10-21-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Ace View Post
    Ugh I hate how this community considers old players... I myself started playing back in MYKO and stuck with it until it's death (Even through the p2p period) RIP...

Sorry but most old players like myself were just subpar at best. We all sucked, do you actually remember those days? Warriors were using 255 builds, rogues would use 6 skills and hp pots. I mean be serious, those days were fun because pk was easier (everything else was a grind). If you were lucky enough to align yourself with the right people you could rule a server with +0 uniques and +7 high class items. The fact is even the average player has the basic knowledge of what to do with his class now a days. Aligning yourself with any players works now, there are no BIG questions left to answer when it comes to KO. (Unless other big upgrades come thorough). In my opinion a LOT of old players stayed subpar when it came to this game. I mean Schrotti , you never really improved after rofd + you play the easiest class in KO..... smh

BTW to Felix, you've always stuck to the illusion that every1 learned how to play KO through guides. Your wrong in that aspect of thinking, most people learned through videos and questions asked.. In the case of rogues CTRL minor made everything easy, we only became a dominating class when double minor was introduced. The days when a rogue could tank 7 players without having to worry about his mp.
    Guides , word of mouth ect is what I was trying to imply. Also remember the massive topics about combo back in the day and when finally James said it was allowed.

I remember back when we were all learning USKO we would share things alot more openly than it seems in more recent years.

I know people will always remember me for being a well babad players in KE and ROFD. I actually got an average geared 80 sin on one of the top rated younger servers and had a bash against the "big shoots" of that server. Only difference is solo PK has gone and there are new shiney things that people flock too.

Also lets remember people like NYChris , 0000000 ,Matt and Eric , Oscar , Mickey , Duwolf , Fast fingers , Pyro ect ect really shapped what is now know as the standard that is needed in the game in it's current vetion. Back when we all played there was many many different tactics and new things to learn. Over the years the ability to be different and succed has disapeared. I remember people thought I was crazy build Felix with so much HP in mind but it lead into me being able to bash out a good minour rythum even though I had a very very poor combo method. Now it seems that items and a really good 3rd party software addon is the choice of the arrogent arses.

The admin team here are all old farts that have had good success with the game over the years and most of the old guys like yourself could still handel ourselfs given a few days to adjust to the new format.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Ever since Akara any attempt at having a clan named "DOWN" was a pathetic sad little try at faking them.

Either way, domination have had 2 koxpers in BDW just a few days ago, a priest and some rogue I think it was.. not like i'd care anyway.

As for "DOWN", there's still plenty of rogues and warriors in it that have been koxping at paramun, doom soldiers and brahmans.
    i koxp schrotti

Phosgene

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Guides , word of mouth ect is what I was trying to imply. Also remember the massive topics about combo back in the day and when finally James said it was allowed.

I remember back when we were all learning USKO we would share things alot more openly than it seems in more recent years.

I know people will always remember me for being a well babad players in KE and ROFD. I actually got an average geared 80 sin on one of the top rated younger servers and had a bash against the "big shoots" of that server. Only difference is solo PK has gone and there are new shiney things that people flock too.

Also lets remember people like NYChris , 0000000 ,Matt and Eric , Oscar , Mickey , Duwolf , Fast fingers , Pyro ect ect really shapped what is now know as the standard that is needed in the game in it's current vetion. Back when we all played there was many many different tactics and new things to learn. Over the years the ability to be different and succed has disapeared. I remember people thought I was crazy build Felix with so much HP in mind but it lead into me being able to bash out a good minour rythum even though I had a very very poor combo method. Now it seems that items and a really good 3rd party software addon is the choice of the arrogent arses.

The admin team here are all old farts that have had good success with the game over the years and most of the old guys like yourself could still handel ourselfs given a few days to adjust to the new format.
    all the names you mentioned , including yourself by the way , impacted the game by leading something , leading a clan , picking a way of doing stuff and changing something . they were usually clan leaders or co-founders who did something to this game . all the rest , were just there . did nothing but play the game at the time it was the EASIEST to play - no platinum , no koxp , no money farmers , no high lvled people(i remember 991 was considered crazy for being 63 -.-) , no turks . it was a great game that time , when it was relatively small .
    so if someone thinks he can say something that is realevant today , by playing a total different game 3-4-5 years ago , he is wrong . and if he thinks he should get respect for just playing the game , he is wrong as well .
    i really have nothing personal against you schrotti , but you did nothing but being and a well known clan at the right time . that doesnt give you the right to be respected . and besides , why the hell do you even need to be respected in a forum that is about a virtual game ? i would rather be respected in real life .

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

'I remember back when we were all learning USKO we would share things alot more openly than it seems in more recent years. '

'Also lets remember people like NYChris , 0000000 ,Matt and Eric , Oscar , Mickey , Duwolf , Fast fingers , Pyro ect ect really shapped what is now know as the standard that is needed in the game in it's current vetion. Back when we all played there was many many different tactics and new things to learn. Over the years the ability to be different and succed has disapeared. I remember people thought I was crazy build Felix with so much HP in mind but it lead into me being able to bash out a good minour rythum even though I had a very very poor combo method. Now it seems that items and a really good 3rd party software addon is the choice of the arrogent arses. '

I remember back when we were all learning USKO we would share things alot more openly than it seems in more recent years

People don't share much anymore because everyone is William Wallace. Everyone believes their way is better and trying to share your way just gets you flamed.

Also lets remember people like NYChris , 0000000 ,Matt and Eric , Oscar , Mickey , Duwolf , Fast fingers , Pyro ect ect really shapped what is now know as the standard that is needed in the game in it's current vetion.

I don't think us old players shaped much. The game and standard of play just evolved like it must in every game. We all pushed it along by just playing KO and not letting it close down. Put it like this, if none of those people you mentioned ever touched KO. This game would still be in it's current state, everyone would have found out the big builds and secrets of KO. (Including minor / pot ect)
    Last edited by Smokin Ace; 10-22-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Nice replies there Phosgene and Smokin , big respect to you both for well thought out posts.

With regards to older members of the forum having some kind of respect from newer members is not just a ko4life/gamers4life thing as I see it on a large number of different forums. The orginal memebers do tend to have an amout of respect for being a part of that forum for a number of years. On the BMW forum I use ( www.e30zone.net ) you really notice the older members of the board giving people a real hard time , I should kno wI been on the receiaving end of a fair few arguments on there.

Alot of the orginal members on here do all know each other fair well as we interacted with each other for a good number of years. But unfortiantly for the newer members comming on here there is going to be those moments like we have in this thread of "who the fuck are you trying to say I am......." when obviously history shows they are not what they intailly seem to our newer members.

I'm lucky with this whole respect thing due to my Admin status on here , it's a natural indicator that I have some say in matters. I think the whole VIP system was really to achive that same mark of respect against the users name on here. I'm trying to be more active in the KO section so at least you guys have one of the admin team around so you guys can come to me with issues. Obviously my connections with K2 are none existant these days but at least our experinces from being around for so long can help people.

With Schrotti and Cama you either love them or want to put a pick Axe through their skulls. End of the day anyone with an problem with another user can come directly to me and I will sort it out. They can choose to listen or choose to make a new account and refresh their ip.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Back on topic...anyone else quit the server?

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    Back on topic...anyone else quit the server?
    Did you and the crew quit? I haven't played since it's 1st day, hard to find the time to level and everyone's telling me it's not even worth playing, so I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Did you and the crew quit? I haven't played since it's 1st day, hard to find the time to level and everyone's telling me it's not even worth playing, so I don't know..
    Yea we all did

Almost everyone is quitting since the only way to xp is to kosp

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast