Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Paddy's New Competition

This is a discussion on Paddy's New Competition within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If it was so easy, why didn't YOU do it? Question solved. Simple.[/b] because paddy said this is a competition ...
Page: 12

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

If it was so easy, why didn't YOU do it?

Question solved. Simple.[/b]
    because paddy said this is a competition to be CREATIVE my dear chink. if u think copying n pasting is creative, good for u.

Struggle

because paddy said this is a competition to be CREATIVE my dear chink. if u think copying n pasting is creative, good for u.[/b]

creative was simply a clue as how to win, he doesn't care how you do it as long as it's appealing to his eye, simple as that.

gyrn

Congrats Wuzzle!!! That was nice work. It is funny how so many people cut and pasted stuff into the capes but for some reason Wuzzle seemed to put the right pictures together to make a truely amazing image.
    For the person that stated that just a cut and paste job. Art isn't limited to just drawing. There are many different forms of art. Putting objects together to form a whole can also be art.

are people really moaning because they didn't win?

come on guys this is just plain pathetic, i would expect more

paddy i don't even care a hoot about the prize its virtually worth almost nothing anyway :huh: i just did it for fun but when people start to crown wuzzle for something she did little work on i feel cheated on my time :huh: that is part of the reason why i stopped SOTW anyway, only person on this forum who has even any sense of photoshop skills is crux. (sorry to those who're trying hard like amgine n dragon but it takes time for PS to work out)

next time i hope u won't think dish out competitions for creativity because there is a serious lack of it in this one. or maybe state your definition of creativity more properly.

The competition is simple, design the best cape using the picture below[/b]
    where does it say Creativity?

My competition was based upon what i believed to be the best cape. Now please stop being such a bad loser, you're only making yourself look bad

Badluckserb

1. I am a SHE
    2. i never edited the background at all
    3. It was my 1st entry and i sed it had all of 3 layers.
    4. My other one had 14 if you bothered to read bak
    5. If you want the psd ill give it to you :lol:
    6. www.kleenx.com im sure they will lend you a tissue
    7. Any "kid" can draw a few squiggly lines in paint like you did

If you have anymore complaints take them to pm's[/b]
    Where is TEZ to add some comment and make some drama
    He is TO be Or NoT tO Be

? i quite liked this competition

gets people showing their creative side [/b]
    paddy read ur own topic more carefully before u correct me kk.

this is truely disappointing tbh

its a cape designing competition, not a photoshop competition

sure, just don't give any false hope with your shaky definition of creativity.

besides this is a forum. as long as its within reasonable terms, anybody can voice out their opinions, can't they? sorry i won't mumble to myself and be the "coward" and appear to be all nice for everyone :lol:

crap i'm turning into cama

gyrn

Dude your only saying her stuff wasn't good because she didn't draw the pics. Did you draw yours? Or did you just press a button on one of those nice little filters in Photoshop and create it that way? Fact of the matter is, she arranged premade objects into a style that was visually pleasing to Paddy. Your was only slightly creative but not something anyone would want to wear into battle FFS. Just because something is more abstract than another does not make it more creative. Wuzzle followed a theme. This game is about ownage. Death. PVP. She chose the correct objects and background along with some abstract and placed them together on the cape to create a visually appealing appearance. Just because she didn't create the pics doesn't mean she wasn't creative. Get a fucking clue!

Dude your only saying her stuff wasn't good because she didn't draw the pics. Did you draw yours? Or did you just press a button on one of those nice little filters in Photoshop and create it that way? Fact of the matter is, she arranged premade objects into a style that was visually pleasing to Paddy. Your was only slightly creative but not something anyone would want to wear into battle FFS. Just because something is more abstract than another does not make it more creative. Wuzzle followed a theme. This game is about ownage. Death. PVP. She chose the correct objects and background along with some abstract and placed them together on the cape to create a visually appealing appearance. Just because she didn't create the pics doesn't mean she wasn't creative. Get a fucking clue![/b]
    the only part i could make out of ur entire crappy speech is that it all comes down to pleasing paddy. and i recently know paddy isn't really good in observing creativeness in digital graphics so i guess its my fault on that part.

n i said it myself i just realised this site sucks at gfx generally so back off stop the sucking up. how the fuck can something so simple be creative. do u even fuckin know what the word creative means -_-

just so i'll get it to your ear:

definition:
    Creativity (or creativeness) is a mental process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations between existing ideas or concepts.

now, tell me how copying and pasting is a new idea/concept. i'm sure nobody has done it before(sarcasm if u r really not smart enough to figure it out)

you're just making yourself look more and more childish with each sentence you write. You need to learn there is even more skill in being a good loser than there is a gracious winner.

Wuzzle

Art doesnt have to be a major, it can be something so simple to have a desired effect, for

exapmle

Is just a nice picture of a rose, but do this...

Totally different effect that is efficient. You see ppl winning major art events with a

simple picture of a wall, tree, leaf damn even paintings that look like kids have done BUT

all of which are art.
    Art doesnt have to be extravagantly creative, just be effective.

Thanks Paddy and al the rest for your wd's

its creative to the ones who haven't been exposed to the better stuff

like i said before, this competition is more of pleasing paddy rather than creativity in general. so i merely asked paddy to give a more detailed definition of creativity if he ever chooses to create such a similar thread again. n then i'mgetting bombarded with several flaming tanks whom obviously haven't got any clue :huh: