Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Possible Reason why we cant connect?

This is a discussion on Possible Reason why we cant connect? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; At the moment I think servers are down as normal or is there actually people that are ingame right this ...
Page: 2

At the moment I think servers are down as normal or is there actually people that are ingame right this second?[/b]

Most likely the servers are online and someon are killing your bosses as we speak.

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

actually im in the game atm ^^ i guess is just luck :P

TryAgain

If it is a DDoS attack, this would mean no one can connect. I love people who post things they don't know anything about.

DDoS stands for ('Distributed' Denial Of Service), basically, whoever is using this kind of attack send a message to the server sort of asking to connect and the server authenticates it. The server trys to send a message back but cant find the computer that sent the message for authentication to enter. The server then wait sometimes upto several minutes trying to find the person who sent the message to authenticate by this time the same person has sent several more messages to the server for authentication but does the same thing again so that when that connection is authenticated the server cannot find the computer that sent the message in the first place. And they keep doing this until the server is overloaded and stop legitimate users from entering.

That's just a basic explanation. If you want a more complex one then i will give it to you but you won't understand.

If K2 really wanted to solve this problem they could get a filter. A filter picks up these kinds of attacks and notices the same person doing the same thing over and over so the filter blocks them before the message gets to the server. This way a DDoS attack wouldn't work but...K2 are stupid and havent got a filter soo...

Note: in no way possible could anyone other than K2 and some Leet hacker be able to block I.P address's...some stupid turk sat in a cafe wouldn't be able to.

A 10 year old could learn how to DDoS attack.

If life was so simple, I'm pretty sure even K2 would have fixed this already.

There's no such thing as a "filter" for DDoS. There's only high end EXPENSIVE hardware to detect and block this kind of attacks and manual job. There's no plug&play solution for DDoS. Fighting DDoS is not an easy task unless u got a n00b script kiddy using just 400 bots. DDoS with thousands of bots arent easy to stop and require a lot of job and coordination with ISPs.

This site has been hit several times by DDoS attacks and I had to work my ass off to block them manually. Please let me know where can I get one of those "magic" filters that block DDoS easy. Most non hardware "protection" just reduce the impact of DDoS or do very very little against them, specially "well done" attacks.

But maybe u know more about this, so feel free to explain about that filter.

TryAgain

I'm talking about a SIFF (A Stateless Internet Flow Filter) Used to Mitigate DDoS Flooding Attacks.

Or you can use a D-Ward, a defense system for DDoS attacks.

I know you can't stop them fully but you can get close.

Derden

ddos is simple to do and simple to be protected from, this site will be protected from ddos atacks lol if the game servers are not protected hell id ddos it myself for them being so stupid

TryAgain

ddos is simple to be protected from[/b]
    Devile seems to think different ^^

Derden

hhhmm my forums are protected dedicated servers are protected i think even semi dedicated are, ill prove it if ya want just a simple google search

DonEfyrion

can anybody login atm ?

Derden

no the phantom turk ddos'er is upto his old tricks :lol:

PeterPan

i cant loggin one day more ... WTF :angry:

Im going to hack K2 and make sure the servers are closed for weeks if this kind of topics won't stop...
    zzz then there will be " OMG srv down 1 day....2days....3days..omg [/b]
    I havent been in for a week now, and i aint crying.

I will quote TryAgain on this matter:

I love people who post things they don't know anything about.[/b]
    Love the theory. Any practical applications from the END USER point of view? How could I stop a DDoS attack from thousands of hosts if I'm on a dedicated hosting without any type of DDoS protection, no control over routers, just plain operating system.

Derden

these is no way on this earth that this can be down to turks ddos'ing the server realisticly if they wanted to even atempt it they would have to be 1000's of diff conections run at the exact time to even affect the large servers that k2 use, but hey i maybe wrong

We got hit from over 500 different targets the last DDoS. Most of them where ADSL connections from Turkey, but there were quite some from other countries. 1 turk guy was behind all this. I think its possible.

I havent seen any real answer on how a DDoS can be EASILY stoped without having access to specialized network hardware or having the ISP making changes for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast