Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

So What Servers the move for me?

This is a discussion on So What Servers the move for me? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by HenkaN75 ~130 ping to SteamKO servers from Sweden, useless. Cant really compare ApexKO with steam, but if ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by HenkaN75 View Post
    ~130 ping to SteamKO servers from Sweden, useless.

Cant really compare ApexKO with steam, but if you just want the pk part you can start Apex with the investment of 0$.
    first person that made sense, good job bro

@ching don't start any official server without spending $ it's a waste of time and it will take you way to long.

~130 ping to SteamKO servers from Sweden, useless.

Cant really compare ApexKO with steam, but if you just want the pk part you can start Apex with the investment of 0$.
    You need to buy better internets mr fågel råger. xD

usko is best for everyone i think
    ScreameR and ikolar7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    You need to buy better internets mr fågel råger. xD
    Better internet wont change the fact their servers are in Canada, and we are very far from canada

Quote Originally Posted by DontTouchOrDie View Post
    usko is best for everyone i think
    Yeah if you want to spend alot of money and never be able to speak English :\

Better internet wont change the fact their servers are in Canada, and we are very far from canada

Yeah if you want to spend alot of money and never be able to speak English :\
    that's just a matter of playing with the right people.
    Adi likes this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

With all due respect to "Apex"KO and the work its developer(s) did there, it's broken in terms of functions that doesn't work as it should.
    I could probably list 20 different issues which aren't mentioned on their official forums and guaranteed, these issues has a significant impact on your gameplay.

There are things players who never actually played in a global version would never notice because they don't know how does a specific function should work.
    Let's throw here something most players probably do know, Adamant effect in "Apex"KO.

Originally, when this effect goes off you're supposed to be able to:
    -Cast party skills(party heal, party cure and AOE skills (e.g. Torment, Subside).
    -Cast personal skills on other users (shouldn't be able to personal cure yourself-cure curse or any other personal buff)
    -Can be teleported
    -Mages should be able to attack you.

The list goes on, and this is just for the Adamant effect.

I know it looks like the original version, sounds like the original version and in terms of events it almost works like the original version but this is far from being anything like the global version.
    Especially because of its developers (no offence intended) are completely clueless about the behaviour of each and every feature in this game, something only someone who played long enough can tell and clearly, they didn't.
    Based on what I've seen, classes aren't as equal as it is on USKO or STKO, some classes are broken (simply too OP) for instance Kurians, 100% pull? 100% AoE stun? Nice.

There are many bad things you can say about global versions but being not similar to the original version (KOKO) in terms of functions, isn't one of them.
    Features? yes, after all, everything is being released and QA'ed over there before they implement into the English versions.
    But it's not like you would see a specific effect/skill/quest work on USKO/STKO and on KOKO work completely different.

In terms of ping, it depends on your geographical location.. users who live in NA get a lot better ping in STKO than they get on "Apex"KO.
    Shouldn't surprise you that you get lower ping while playing in a server that's hosted in your continent.
    For instance, I live in Israel which should have far worst connection to NA than a European country and I'm getting roughly 75 ping now to STKO servers after the latest stability improvements (talking about few weeks ago, it wasn't done just now)
    Would I get better ping to a server that's located in Europe? of course I would, does it mean I would enjoy more? doubt it.. and leaving aside the fact that I'm a part of the staff, all the issues that you simply ignore or didn't notice while playing in a private server would personally bother me while playing because I've experienced something else while playing at global versions for years now.

As for the amazing activity, everybody is trying to picture here.
    You're often mentioning NPs gained per X hours of PK.
    Now let's take "Apex"KO as an example for this one as well since everybody is always mentioning it.
    Tell me, in which world does activity has something to do with NPs gained? you say a specific server is active just because you gain more NPs? "Apex"KO is a classic example of nonsense in this case.
    You gain roughly 60?80?nps per kill in a 8man party while being a non premium user, so basically 100kills = 8k nps more or less in comparison to a global version where you get roughly 20nps so 100kills is just 2k or lets go far, 2.5k while being a non premium user.
    Based on that, you say a private server is more active than an official version..That's how biased your opinions are. Congrats.

Note, I'm not talking about entertainment here, some users would have more fun in private servers and some would have more fun in official servers, I'm talking here about solid facts.
    Last edited by Adi; 01-13-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    ScreameR, Kano and lEnemyDown like this.

I think you need to stop posting bullshit on these forums and focus on Steamko with the constant Koxpers taking CS, the main reason why every1 is fucking leaving!

Quote Originally Posted by TankxD View Post
    I think you need to stop posting bullshit on these forums and focus on Steamko with the constant Koxpers taking CS, the main reason why every1 is fucking leaving!
    LoL. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by TankxD View Post
    here: Knight Online ? Free to Play 3D MMORPG Game just for you, have fun. if you need a guide on how to uninstall steam let me know.

raging bro already sold out lol
    ScreameR likes this.

SUPREME OVERLORD Senior Member Olaz's Avatar

sold out on hellsgarem also, and by the looks of it so did many others.
    what server should we go now?

Little archer Senior Member

Is 130ms really unplayable? for a game like KO?

#firstworldproblems

Apex KO Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Some big wall of text
    I see you have some small issues with "Apex" KO, please do mention a few more features that are as bugged and have such an incredible impact on your gameplay, with as much fidelity as you've just done, if you please.

I'd point out that some of the "features" of the Gab's effect are, from a programmer's point of view, 100% an unintended side effect of spaghetti code. Aside from that, after the help of some of our great players, it is working exactly like you're describing it should.

I'll give you the Kurian one, yes, we had to go on what we were provided by skill descriptions and other data readily available for our consumption. Based on that, I think we did a decent job (I challenge you to figure out how their pull / stun "rates" are calculated ). Going as far as trying to make Knight OnLine look like rocket science, and that nobody but the most die hard players could ever create something resembling it in terms of functionality / enjoyment is a bit steep in my opinion, but hey, I never managed to bare the boredom of grinding beyond 59, so what do I know.

Let me know what we could improve upon, it'd be much appreciated
    HenkaN75 likes this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aesteris View Post
    I see you have some small issues with "Apex" KO, please do mention a few more features that are as bugged and have such an incredible impact on your gameplay, with as much fidelity as you've just done, if you please.

I'd point out that some of the "features" of the Gab's effect are, from a programmer's point of view, 100% an unintended side effect of spaghetti code. Aside from that, after the help of some of our great players, it is working exactly like you're describing it should.

I'll give you the Kurian one, yes, we had to go on what we were provided by skill descriptions and other data readily available for our consumption. Based on that, I think we did a decent job (I challenge you to figure out how their pull / stun "rates" are calculated ). Going as far as trying to make Knight OnLine look like rocket science, and that nobody but the most die hard players could ever create something resembling it in terms of functionality / enjoyment is a bit steep in my opinion, but hey, I never managed to bare the boredom of grinding beyond 59, so what do I know.

Let me know what we could improve upon, it'd be much appreciated
    I have no issues with "Apex"KO and I couldn't careless about what's actually happening there.
    I pointed out the fact that even a server that all its fans describe as a flawless server, has its flaws.

I'm not saying you didn't do a good job with its developement, based on what I can see, it's the cleanest coded version in comparison to other servers but then on the other hand as you mentioned yourself, you never went above 59.
    Therefore, you don't know much about what and how things supposed to behave, what you get is information based on descriptions and what some players might be able to tell you (Yet, I doubt all players in your server actually know more than you)

Of course, I could go ahead and point out each and every bug/issue which affects your gameplay but I don't have any intention to ruin your server nor improve it by helping you with making things work as they should.
    Keep in mind that the three issues I mentioned earlier are issues I heard about from players who play in your server, originally they asked how does it work in USKO just to make sure it's indeed not the same thing in your server.
    I never actually logged in to look for issues in your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaz View Post
    sold out on hellsgarem also, and by the looks of it so did many others.
    what server should we go now?
    I almost sold out aswell, i will go to chyper when im done. Not really a fan of private servers tho. =d

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast