Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Something to think about

This is a discussion on Something to think about within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; thats funny... now we got 1 more reason to slam k2- being greedy bastards who want all the money to ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    thats funny... now we got 1 more reason to slam k2- being greedy bastards who want all the money to themselves instead of using it to hire more employees, thus better support.

    n yes the 8million members thing is bullshit.they only have like 4 games(as far as i rmb... MU.. KO... Warrock .. and some golf shit)... 2 million each game? total bullshit.. i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be 2million per game.. -_- i mean dude warrock is stil like in the BETA version... there probably isnt' more than 5k ppl there. -.- n who the fuck plays golf?

  2. #17
    louch
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Rentzusuken
    The analogy of one guy being beaten by 10 other guys is dumb as this "one guy" has a reported bankroll of $10MM and could easily staff up to even the score. *The salaries they are offering for GMs are pathetic, especially for living in California, so it's merely their own decision to be "outnumbered". *What moron would have sympathy for the 1 guy getting his ass kicked by 10 other guys when he has 10 million dollars in his pocket? *Moreover, what if you paid a percent of that money in his pocket to protect something of yours and instead of investing it to do so, he kept it all in his pocket only to lose it to the 10 guys raping him? *SLM!
    he was using ratio in that analogy
    and trying to be realistic

    anyways, good read, changed my attitude, but only so much.
    i still have my grudge against K2.
    even if they are understaffed, thats their own fault.
    being understaffed wouldnt be so bad if they didnt fire the only people there that did their jobs.
    like for example, what happened to w00t.[/i]

  3. #18
    tolgahan
    Guest

    Default

    my point
    .





























    bullshit. k2 FFF <_< . then How is WOW doing it? . k2's boss likes money and girl GMs

  4. #19
    Banned for scamming. CandyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Well all i can say is,,,K2 has his positive parts

    And some people keep yelling : OMG WHERE IS LOGOS...if u read that u might understand that even if u dont have brains u wouldnt launch logos when cheaters took over the game.

    LET THE TROLLS COME :wub:

  5. #20
    louch
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by tolgahan
    my point
    .





























    bullshit. k2 FFF *<_< *. then How is WOW doing it? *. k2's boss likes money and girl GMs
    -_- <_<
    because blizzard is older, richer, and has more staff :rollseyes:

  6. #21
    mc_macking
    Guest

    Default

    That article was nicely written. Included a bunch of bs, but still well written. As your game servers grow
    and your player base grows, the company has to grow. You must hire more employees to handle
    the customers. This is not only common sense but basic business.

    Analogy: A man and wife opens a cafe. The husband does the cooking and the wife takes the orders.
    4 weeks after they open they realize she cant handle all the tables and he cant handle all the cooking
    They notice customers walking out due to the long wait to order and to receive their food. Do they:
    1. Act as though nothing is wrong and contiue to lose customers. 2. Hire more staff.

    Also toss in that during dining times, hooligans enter the cafe and eat off the customers plates, steal
    the customers personal items, and generally ruin the customers dining experience. Do they:
    1. once every few months toss the hooligans out. 2. Hire Security to protect their customers.

    Activision and Blizzard have secure hack free servers. Why can K2 not have the same? Pls dont go with
    the age of the company. After 2 years of KOSP/KOXP there is no reason it can not be blocked. This one
    program has caused more customer complaints than all of the bugs in the game.

  7. #22
    __countess__
    Guest

    Default

    What most people must realise is that K2 doesn't have any programmers at all, all the coding is done by MGAMES.

    So don't blame K2 for KO's bugs.

    Another thing that people must realise is that K2 doesn't code X-trap as well.

    So don't blame K2 for X-trap incapability to block KOXP or w/e.

    Unlike K2, Blizzard have their own programmers/game designers.. so as soon as they find a bug.. they can actually fix it themselves.. and not wait for some 3rd party company to fix it for them.

    You wanna blame K2 for something?

    Blame them for their cheap-ass management that doesn't hire more CS reps and GMs to help out especially these difficult days that KOXP is all over. You like it or not, the only thing that K2 can do to help with all this is to hire more people.. as they can't/not allowed to code.

    Blame them for giving the GMs access to create items/chars. Of course they'll create and sell for USD if you pay them minimal wage and there is no supervision at all, wtf are you thinking?

    I think that for better results K2 must buy MGAMES, or buy the source code of the game and hire like 10 programmers to do it right and in time.

  8. #23
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    And with a turnover in excess of $10mill these costs are small fry. They simply underpreform in every area.

  9. #24
    whassup
    Guest

    Default

    this guy plays Diez as the GM is called Sullimo @ diez xD and i think hes right

  10. #25
    Senior Member claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    366

    Default

    KO is a well thought business model. They attract players who are not obliged to pay, retain the player with an addictive game and, at a later stage, force the players to pay for playing it. All this with little costs (95 ppl and 8 servers).
    Who cares about the quality of the service K2 provides? 200 players leave? Not a problem, 200 new ones will join soon. Makes no difference.

    Every company that wants to run a business has to invest in it. K2 is realizing $10m yearly revenues, which, assuming a below/average profitability level for that business, may easily leave the owners some $1 to 2m profits, in excess of their normal salaries (!).

    If u imagine they sustained the majority of their investments in 2001-2002 buying (or leasing/renting?) the servers, that they get cash from u instantly (!), that they have really low costs, they for sure have the financial means to improve this game.
    If they dont have cash available (which is a very remote possibility imo) every company has the option to get cash from banks to finance capital expenditures...

    My point of view is that investing in improving this game is not convenient for the owners, cuz they consider their business successful based on how much money they can make from it. The revenues are "secured" since 60% of their customers regularily pay for premium/PUS (they state this).

    At the end, as long as 60% of the KO population will pay for prem/PUS, nothing will change at all.

  11. #26
    OLD1953
    Guest

    Default

    I'd really, really love to see their books for the last three months.

    I CANNOT believe anyone pays for gold premium to run KOXP. Bronze for the login, I can believe that one. But why pay for gold? What possible advantage can gold premium give a KOXPer - assuming the rumors about GOLD = temp ban instead of perm ban are not true.

    If 20% of ppl were paying for gold, and now 2/3 of the 20% are buying bronze, that's a loss no matter how you say it.

  12. #27
    Sno0p
    Guest

    Default

    Interesting.......

    I can see a circle,at the base theres an unknown author and at the top Pixiecatt.As the info goes around and around in this circle it really made me think.Irrelevant anyway.

    However to be very realistic,"we can`t make any difference" just in my opinion.How much users that play ko read these forums ,how many readed that "thing" the unknown author made,ofcourse how many of these people can understand what he wanted to transmit and how many people care about.We can only wait and maybe hope,and as time passes for some of us reading this forums whould not really matter if this game is worth waiting or not to get as it once used to be.Because of naivity people ussually have problems.

  13. #28
    Rentzusuken
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by louch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(louch)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rentzusuken
    The analogy of one guy being beaten by 10 other guys is dumb as this "one guy" has a reported bankroll of $10MM and could easily staff up to even the score. *The salaries they are offering for GMs are pathetic, especially for living in California, so it's merely their own decision to be "outnumbered". *What moron would have sympathy for the 1 guy getting his ass kicked by 10 other guys when he has 10 million dollars in his pocket? *Moreover, what if you paid a percent of that money in his pocket to protect something of yours and instead of investing it to do so, he kept it all in his pocket only to lose it to the 10 guys raping him? *SLM!
    he was using ratio in that analogy
    and trying to be realistic
    [/b]
    The ratio issue is addressed by the boldened portion of the post which seemed to have escaped your perception as did the glaring LACK of reality in his example. In what reality do you and he inhabit wherein someone gets their ass kicked by 10 people twice their size and people going by yell at them for not helping an old lady cross the street? Furthermore, how do paying customers, or even non-paying customers, who are legit equal decrepit and aged females who cannot cross a street without assistance?

    It's rare for someone to get jumped by 10 people for absolutely no reason, and if anyone falls under that category in the analogy, it's the legitimate customers. For every legitimate player in this game, there are at least 10 cheaters ready to "jump" them upon login. The police AKA K2 Employees actually seem to operate more like the LAPD with beating people when they are already down. If he was trying to be realistic he may have used an analogy like mc_macking provided, not some Gary Larson special fit for a comical calendar.

  14. #29
    wraith86
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by __countess__
    What most people must realise is that K2 doesn't have any programmers at all, all the coding is done by MGAMES. *

    So don't blame K2 for KO's bugs.

    Another thing that people must realise is that K2 doesn't code X-trap as well.

    So don't blame K2 for X-trap incapability to block KOXP or w/e.

    Unlike K2, Blizzard have their own programmers/game designers.. so as soon as they find a bug.. they can actually fix it themselves.. and not wait for some 3rd party company to fix it for them.

    You wanna blame K2 for something? *

    Blame them for their cheap-ass management that doesn't hire more CS reps and GMs to help out especially these difficult days that KOXP is all over. You like it or not, the only thing that K2 can do to help with all this is to hire more people.. as they can't/not allowed to code.

    Blame them for giving the GMs access to create items/chars. Of course they'll create and sell for USD if you pay them minimal wage and there is no supervision at all, wtf are you thinking?

    I think that for better results K2 must buy MGAMES, or buy the source code of the game and hire like 10 programmers to do it right and in time.
    out of everything to be quoted this has to be the funniest


    and to the person who said K2s got the business part down where if 200 players leave 200 will join i think your dead wrong. after playing the 3 day trial they will find out that everyone is a macroer or doesnt speak english and they wont have the fun of PK or know how to combo to even make the game worthwhile so they will quit before buying premium. K2s ranked an F on the BBB and its obvious that they are trying to keep the smallest staff and milk KO untill its dead because the way they run their business can get them shutdown. festo i feel really bad for you man... what was that like when your buddies said where do you work and you had to say K2? you mustve been in tears.

  15. #30
    Senior Member claude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Originally posted by wraith86

    and to the person who said K2s got the business part down where if 200 players leave 200 will join i think your dead wrong. after playing the 3 day trial they will find out that everyone is a macroer or doesnt speak english and they wont have the fun of PK or know how to combo to even make the game worthwhile so they will quit before buying premium.
    then, if u r right, why has the number of premium payers been increasing year over year?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •