Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Special Thank You Offers From K2 Network‎

This is a discussion on Special Thank You Offers From K2 Network‎ within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, This morning I got an email from K2 From: K2 Network (postmaster@k2network. net ) Special Thank You Offers From ...
Page: 1

So, This morning I got an email from K2

Special Thank You Offers From K2 Network‎

The message is auto blocked cause it has a trojan or w/e in it

Did anyone else get this email too? I wanna know what gift people got (besides losing their accounts )

Dark_Avenger

Beware of "Spoof Emails and Fake Websites"

http://www.knightonlineworld.com/news.php?n=2&id=191

I know.......... that's why i bolded the .net in my post.......

doh, lutz posted this too...

Meh, anyways, more people got it. it's not fake. it's true.

But still, my email auto blocked it.

Dark_Avenger

I wonder how many ppl will actually get hacked by this... <_<

im no expert, but isnt K2network.net actually their website?

yeah, check lutz&#39;s topic.. he posted it too and apparantly .net is their website too ;o

so it is a real e-mail..
    but still it got auto blocked, just like kinghtonline.exe got deleted once too cause it had a trojan in it apparantly

yeah, check lutz&#39;s topic.. he posted it too and apparantly .net is their website too ;o

so it is a real e-mail..
    but still it got auto blocked, just like kinghtonline.exe got deleted once too cause it had a trojan in it apparantly [/b]
    My &#39;Add/Remove&#39; program list was refreshing yesterday and KnightOnline.exe was hilighted as a trojan also

My &#39;Add/Remove&#39; program list was refreshing yesterday and KnightOnline.exe was hilighted as a trojan also[/b]

yeah, apparantly allot of people have had that problem... Has something to do with the &#39;few&#39; latest patches i&#39;ve heard.

I reinstalled KO like a week ago ( before that i&#39;ve never had any problems with the .exe) but now after the installation it auto-removed the .exe so i couldnt start my game

Had someone send me their .exe so i could put it in the KO folder and play

yeah, apparantly allot of people have had that problem... Has something to do with the &#39;few&#39; latest patches i&#39;ve heard.

I reinstalled KO like a week ago ( before that i&#39;ve never had any problems with the .exe) but now after the installation it auto-removed the .exe so i couldnt start my game

Had someone send me their .exe so i could put it in the KO folder and play [/b]

lol when it becomes so hard to download the game simply because the company sucks at scripting and creating a dam .exe, it&#39;s pretty obvious the game has gone to shit.. Haha but good thing k2 has some nice backpacks to offer, that will soothe all the pains of their trouble customers . . .

u can send an email to anyone from any email address i can send from [email protected] if wanted to just scams usually if something comming from k2

Since this topic is more active, I&#39;ll answer here.

No, this is not a forged email and NO, this is not K2 email. The K2 domain is k2network.com and u can verify it with a WHOIS query:

Domain name: k2network.com

Registrant Contact:
    K2 Network, Inc.
    Infrastructure Group ([email protected])
    +1.9494860400
    Fax:
    2967 Michelson Drive
    Suite G425
    Irvine, CA 92612
    US

Now this REAL email was sent from k2network.net which is a real domain too but not owned by K2. Someone smarter than K2 (plenty of ppl arround the globe), bought that domain to scam ppl. The emails are real, not forged but coming from someone else.

Just a piece of advice. If u start a company and u are gonna go online, be sure to buy at least the .COM, .NET and .ORG domains just to be safe, also any similar names. It was really stupid from K2 not to secure that domain since the name is VERY similar to their own. Also, k2networks.com and k2networks.net seem to not belong to K2.

This are very common phishing tactic so be aware of this false emails. They do not represent K2.

PS: Yes, u can forge any email, but most decent servers have header checks and will block that email at the MTA level, wont reach even a mailbox. But yes, there&#39;s a lot of crappy mail servers out there. Decent antispam catch this forged header emails as spam too.

Since this topic is more active, I&#39;ll answer here.

No, this is not a forged email and NO, this is not K2 email. The K2 domain is k2network.com and u can verify it with a WHOIS query:

Domain name: k2network.com

Registrant Contact:
    K2 Network, Inc.
    Infrastructure Group ([email protected])
    +1.9494860400
    Fax:
    2967 Michelson Drive
    Suite G425
    Irvine, CA 92612
    US

Now this REAL email was sent from k2network.net which is a real domain too but not owned by K2. Someone smarter than K2 (plenty of ppl arround the globe), bought that domain to scam ppl. The emails are real, not forged but coming from someone else.

Just a piece of advice. If u start a company and u are gonna go online, be sure to buy at least the .COM, .NET and .ORG domains just to be safe, also any similar names. It was really stupid from K2 not to secure that domain since the name is VERY similar to their own. Also, k2networks.com and k2networks.net seem to not belong to K2.

This are very common phishing tactic so be aware of this false emails. They do not represent K2.[/b]
    im so confused is the .net k2 trying to hack us ??

I could be wrong too. There&#39;s the other option that they do own this .NET domain but they got hacked and are mass emailing viruses and trojans.

With K2 u can expect everything.

If its a false domain, then the hacker really did his homework on the website. Is a perfect copy of the real one.

i thought the website looked too professional to be K2&#39;s

:lol:

so, for those people that clicked on Lutz&#39;s link..... yes i&#39;m going to blame Lutz for this one (:P).... are we safe or not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast