Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree3Likes

Starting back to KO after 4 years... [warrior related questions]

This is a discussion on Starting back to KO after 4 years... [warrior related questions] within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi there, I quit USKO back in 2010-11 and now that I have free time I would like to babashop ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    107

    Question Starting back to KO after 4 years... [warrior related questions]

    Hi there,

    I quit USKO back in 2010-11 and now that I have free time I would like to babashop a warrior and start back to Cypher(Resurrection) since I always been playing in that server and looks like items in that server are cheaper in dollar value.

    My main question is what have I missed in 4 years? any big important things I should beware of when I log-in to game?

    I'm buying a character in Cypher ring but it doesn't show the NPS, has this always been like this?

    Also, I see new jewels in-game like Pontus ring, Taurus Ring, are these upgrade-able?

    I'm planning on fully babashop my warrior and was wondering if anyone has recommended items to get?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ View Post
    Hi there,

    I quit USKO back in 2010-11 and now that I have free time I would like to babashop a warrior and start back to Cypher(Resurrection) since I always been playing in that server and looks like items in that server are cheaper in dollar value.

    My main question is what have I missed in 4 years? any big important things I should beware of when I log-in to game?

    I'm buying a character in Cypher ring but it doesn't show the NPS, has this always been like this?

    Also, I see new jewels in-game like Pontus ring, Taurus Ring, are these upgrade-able?

    I'm planning on fully babashop my warrior and was wondering if anyone has recommended items to get?
    KO, especially USKO,
    is not the same game you played a few years ago. The PK (cz,war/dlw, etc.) is so boring,
    the activity is like 10% of what it had been. If you don't prefer farming attrosses and riots instead of pk, then you won't be happy
    with your decision. Most NPs people make on USKO now are from Atrosses/Riots
    the competition the game once offered is gone,
    shiny +9/10 and +3 uniques are the only way to PK, skill is not really required anymore.
    Also the new client, music, etc. just takes away the 'KO feeling'.
    However, this is a subjectiv oppinion. l came back a few months ago to try out the game and decided it was completly shit compared to what it used to be. Eventho there were alot of koxpers and dupes a few years ago, the game was still better than what it is today.
    The majority of the population has left the Game for a reason.
    this games prime time is over.
    If you still want to start, you should choose a decent private server or europa

  3. #3
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    KO is all about inflicting 5k+ damage on duffed opponents nowadays.

  4. #4
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Hello, now what KO really is about: If you're looking for English servers, Anatolia (Which used to be C-west C-east and Ionia) and Europa are your best bet. Anatolia doesn't have a big population anymore but is expecting a server merge with Atlantis. Resurrection is a cheap server, but also a strong server, everyone is on full +9/10 with +3 uniques.

    The major updates lately are a new class Portu as human, Kurian as orc. These are some sort of warriors, that can use items which a warrior also uses. They can heal, give DOT (Damage over time), have a stun, a pull and debuffs, but since most of the people already had their characters geared there aren't many people playing this class, apart of newer servers like Asgard. Those new weapons and accessories are from UTC (Under the Castle) event, some are really strong some are nothing special, you'll find out as soon as when you start playing.

    The koxp/cheat/hack issue KO used to suffer from years ago is 95% gone, if there are any hackers/koxpers lately they will get banned way faster than they used to. There's also a new Anti-hack system which i recommend you to use, named after OTP (OneTimePassword) This is like a second password which you'll have to fill in as soon as when you've logged in with your normal ID & Password. You can install the OTP program on your Computer, but also on your Phone. There are quit some people getting hacked lately on KO, this is why you defenitely should use this system because it will secure your account for the full 100% as i haven't heard of a single player being hacked with the OTP installed.

    Knight Online's population compared to 2010-11 has decreased quite a lot in some servers, but there are also servers like Europa and Resurrection that still got quite a good & active population, the newest server Asgard is really crowded.

    On top of that, everyone who wants to convince you to play private servers, some of em are better populated than the official server, but these servers also wipe their server every 2-3months. All they want is your money like USKO does, the only difference is that in USKO you keep your char and items, in there you'll lose all of it
    Last edited by ScreameR; 01-19-2015 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Phantom94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    323

    Default

    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...ml#post3205027

    That should close this topic, active pk, clans, great community, come play and if you really dont feel like farming you can just PUS store all your gear and support the sever, but dont worry you wont be causing an unfair advantage

  6. #6
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom94 View Post
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f1...ml#post3205027

    That should close this topic, active pk, clans, great community, come play and if you really dont feel like farming you can just PUS store all your gear and support the sever, but dont worry you wont be causing an unfair advantage
    This isn't the private server section, which also means this is not the place to advertise servers.

  7. #7
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    About private servers, some of em are better populated than the official server, but these servers also wipe their server every 2-3months. All they want is your money like USKO does, the only difference is that in USKO you keep your char and items, in there you'll lose all of it
    That's it in most cases. Just up to you on how you decide to spend your money / time.

    Official KO:
    -Steep gear requirements
    -Farming gear takes forever
    -Safer choice in terms of longevity
    -Moderate to low fun due to poor activity

    Private servers:
    -Lenient gear requirements
    -Farming takes a short amount of time
    -Unreliable choice in terms of longevity
    -High amount of fun due to great activity

    So either choose USKO on the promise of it being a safe investment that won't go anywhere anytime soon, have okayish fun because it's kinda dead but at least you can play whenever you like! (unless, you know, NTT games decides to simply close USKO down or you get hacked in which case you will get NO help).

    Or choose a private server, and have massive amounts of fun for some months with a healthy amount of population / activity before it dies out.

    It all comes down to whether you prefer a burst of fun or an endless stream of mediocrity. Private servers come and go however so you can make those bursts of fun come around every so often.
    ISpitOnYourGrave likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    i dont get why ppl still talk those craps about +9/10 and low activity etc, USKO dosent end just at OLD destroyed servers.... half of them (euopa, destan, gaia, asgard) are very active and there is not much +9 and NON +10.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    i dont get why ppl still talk those craps about +9/10 and low activity etc, USKO dosent end just at OLD destroyed servers.... half of them (euopa, destan, gaia, asgard) are very active and there is not much +9 and NON +10.
    i saw you today on bazingako

  10. #10
    Senior Member Phantom94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    This isn't the private server section, which also means this is not the place to advertise servers.
    calm down there mr.police

    I am well aware that this isn't the private sever section, this is a topic about someone coming back to the game,I simply make a post suggesting for a knightonline returner to have a look at an active private sever...

  11. #11
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom94 View Post
    calm down there mr.police

    I am well aware that this isn't the private sever section, this is a topic about someone coming back to the game,I simply make a post suggesting for a knightonline returner to have a look at an active private sever...
    By advertising a server, you're basicly telling me what i told you before. This isn't the right place for that.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Phantom94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    By advertising a server, you're basicly telling me what i told you before. This isn't the right place for that.
    This is a "General Chat" section of Knight Online.

    My post was relevant to the topic, and relevant to the section.

    Dear Mr.Screamer please get an education and find something to do with your life.

    Thank you
    razor likes this.

  13. #13
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom94 View Post
    This is a "General Chat" section of Knight Online.

    My post was relevant to the topic, and relevant to the section.

    Dear Mr.Screamer please get an education and find something to do with your life.

    Thank you
    General chat, indeed. Not a private server section, which we have for years now on the Gamers4Life forum, everything related to Knight Online private servers should be posted there, including private server advertisements. You are advertising at the wrong section, education has nothing to do with telling someone where to post his crap, Mr. Phantom. About the life issue, i defenitely got one and i'm enjoying it.

    No problem.

    P.S if love kills slowly wanted to join a private server, i'm 100% sure he would ask for one at the private server section about which 1 he should go to, maybe they should teach you how to think properly and logical. So far none of your posts made sense in this topic, so i think it will do you right.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    General chat, indeed. Not a private server section, which we have for years now on the Gamers4Life forum, everything related to Knight Online private servers should be posted there, including private server advertisements. You are advertising at the wrong section, education has nothing to do with telling someone where to post his crap, Mr. Phantom. About the life issue, i defenitely got one and i'm enjoying it.

    No problem.

    P.S if love kills slowly wanted to join a private server, i'm 100% sure he would ask for one at the private server section about which 1 he should go to, maybe they should teach you how to think properly and logical. So far none of your posts made sense in this topic, so i think it will do you right.
    You can't discuss private servers in the private server section,
    every topic needs approval of a moderator before it gets published and we know how active mods are.
    Plus I tried to make a few topics already and they never got published.
    Unless you want to talk about a concrete server, this is the right section to talk about private servers in general IMO.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Phantom94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    General chat, indeed. Not a private server section, which we have for years now on the Gamers4Life forum, everything related to Knight Online private servers should be posted there, including private server advertisements. You are advertising at the wrong section, education has nothing to do with telling someone where to post his crap, Mr. Phantom. About the life issue, i defenitely got one and i'm enjoying it.

    No problem.

    P.S if love kills slowly wanted to join a private server, i'm 100% sure he would ask for one at the private server section about which 1 he should go to, maybe they should teach you how to think properly and logical. So far none of your posts made sense in this topic, so i think it will do you right.
    You have an inability to read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •