Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Very good Idea

This is a discussion on Very good Idea within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well guys i just saw this topic , and i have to tell that i have made like 4 private ...
Page: 3

erfran

Well guys i just saw this topic , and i have to tell that i have made like 4 private servers already, and you can buy a dedicated server for 99$ each month, i have some good files to make one of those private servers, i have been a while working on them , i have put already KC and some quest's on npcs, capes and marks and merchant, website, ftp and some more features...
    Now im just adding some security features to client and server files . Feel free to add me to my msn if u guys want my help doing one of those servers.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Well guys i just saw this topic , and i have to tell that i have made like 4 private servers already, and you can buy a dedicated server for 99$ each month, i have some good files to make one of those private servers, i have been a while working on them , i have put already KC and some quest's on npcs, capes and marks and merchant and some more features...
    Now im just adding some security features to client and server files . Feel free to add me to my msn if u guys want my help doing one of those servers.[/b]

whats ur msn bro i will tottaly come help you

erfran

[email protected] soz i forgot to post it xD

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Well guys i just saw this topic , and i have to tell that i have made like 4 private servers already, and you can buy a dedicated server for 99$ each month, i have some good files to make one of those private servers, i have been a while working on them , i have put already KC and some quest's on npcs, capes and marks and merchant, website, ftp and some more features...
    Now im just adding some security features to client and server files . Feel free to add me to my msn if u guys want my help doing one of those servers.[/b]

100$, must be a crap server :P

Sorry but if you want to have the db, the client(server) and the page (reg page at least) running on the same server having 5000 people playing it all night and day a simple 10mbit connection (or less) wont do.

You'll need at least a P4, 2gb (preferably 4gb ram) and a 40gb HDD running on it, not to mention that it has to be a "unlimited traffic" package otherwise it'll cost even more.

Edit: Just a "cheap" server-example i found

Code:
    99€ /month
    99 € = 143.9757 US$

AMD Opteron 148 CPU
    Traffic Unlimited
    Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition + Plesk 8.2 (optionally Windows Server 2008 RC0)
    6 Domains
    2gb RAM
    2x 160GB RAID1 HDD
    160GB 100% FTP-Backup
    RecoveryManager, RemoteConsole, Monitoring Services, TrafficControl,
    1 IP Adress, optionally with a second IP
    Oh, forgot to add, due to its unlimited Traffic you'll have a minimum contract of 18months.

erfran

100$ dedi server is enough to start on it hehe , i think that a AMD processor will run better ^^

yes but think of how meny people pay 35$ usd a month for prem just for prem If you take 5 of them It could be Very well done
    And they people who Are donatein that 35$ should be getting a % of the profit

Banned

If Festo would actually answer my PM about a partnership; I can donate monthly for the server. Just put t a big ass banner for my game site on Ko4Life. ^_^

erfran

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/ServerW...amp;__lf=Static

check this, i have got a dedi server from them, and it ws working really really good

yes but think of how meny people pay 35$ usd a month for prem just for prem If you take 5 of them It could be Very well done
    And they people who Are donatein that 35$ should be getting a % of the profit[/b]
    There won't be any profit as we would have to keep upgrading the server and paying it on a monthly basis.

erfan, probably not: If we were to announce the launch of a ko4life private-server we would be flooded with newly created accounts all day long and people would of course like to try it out. AMD Runs better, yes... it was just an example duh

Edit: 1&1 is like, the worst you can get.
    If you were going for good servers you'll go for Strato.

erfran

ye you are right, every1 will be interest to join us, btw check this http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/ServerW...amp;__lf=Static

hey bro add my msn [email protected] and ill put u into convo with me and erfran

ye you are right, every1 will be interest to join us, btw check this http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/ServerW...amp;__lf=Static[/b]

Already saw it, and already stated above that 1&1 is the worst you can go.

Anyway, getting late i'll re-check in here tomorrow, at work

taking_back_sunday

id play it

Well let me tell you this the way it sounds me and erfran Are gonna do it

erfran

ok guys, im going to work hard on it :P, i hope that in some days i can have every file ready and with all the security things fixed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast