Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Leveling Tips & Tricks

This is a discussion on Leveling Tips & Tricks within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey all, I'd like to share some Tips & Tricks for leveling in KO, If you have some of your ...
Page: 1

Default Leveling Tips & Tricks

Hey all,

I'd like to share some Tips & Tricks for leveling in KO,
    If you have some of your own, feel free to add them to the topic
    Most of these tricks are for level 83/0 -> 83/5 because of the quests reset each rebirth.

UTC:

1. After UTC you can talk to the NPC at the end to get 2 items: A 20% increased EXP token (1 week), A 20% increased EXP scroll (1hr duration, expires in 1hr if not used) - You don't have to participate in UTC for this!! You can enter once the event ends and go to the NPC!
    2. You can do this Once per rebirth so my suggestion is take the token when you are close to the next rebirth level, that way you have a few days with the current token @ your next rebirth level (more exp needed at your next rebirth) [Credit: Degano]
    3. At rebirth 3, take the token at the end again, and once you hit rebirth 4, take the next token (that way you are maximizing the bonus % EXP on rebirth 4) - I'll try and explain the logic: If you take the token at say Reb3@99%, you have about 1 day till you hit reb4, so you still have 6 days with the emblem from reb3, then you take the next emblem for another 7 days, total days with emblem @ reb4: 13 instead of 7. [Credit: Degano]
    4. The 20% exp scroll works like a buff scroll, meaning, you can use it while doing monster stones, and it stays when you switch from monster stone to the next (its persistent through zones) for a whopping 40% exp increase @ MS (Emblem + Scroll) - This is (in my opinion) by far the best use of this scroll, but be sure to consider this roughly the same as pk - meaning - Bring SW scrolls, Wolf scrolls DEX / STR scrolls even consider red pots - JUST GET EVERY MS DONE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE to complete as many as you can within this 1 hour window - Ignore all looting except for the final boss (Only because you have a 10 second wait till you get tped out). really, just do whatever you can to clear the MS as fast as you possibly can.

Logos:

1. If you DC or change zone / camp - LOGOS BUFF GOES BYE BYE
    2. Try being on good terms with other EXPers, they will usually PM you Logos spawn times (and if you know them you should help them too)
    3. Once you right click the Logos and the menu appears - DON'T take the Exp bonus option UNTIL all your party is ready to take it too - Once someone clicks it - the logos disappears!
    4. Once you get the Logos buff - USE A DURATION ITEM ON IT (Continuance item from PUS) - This will double the time (2hrs instead of 1hr)

Knight Returnees (R Characters:

1. Having one of these in your party gives you a -very nice- exp boost!
    2. If you can manage logging in 2 accounts (pc + laptop), log in an alt / nub account that has the R sign, add it to the party - and KEEP IT IN TOWN... This way the party gets the R bonus EXP, without the EXP loss of another party member (On paramuns, the R char gives 5k bonus exp per kill, and if its in town instead of near the party - 6k bonus exp per kill)

Quests:

1. Always try to do all quests! They amount to a very VERY decent amount of EXP.
    2. There are 3 zones with quests: Eslant, CZ, Lufferson/El-morad [A few of the quests here take you to the delos dungeon] - Do them all..........!
    3. When you can, try timing your premium time with quests - if your premium is about to run out, wait for it to run out and then do all the Lufferson / El-Morad quests without premium - the mobs there don't give any exp unless you party with someone, and the quests give the same EXP payout to premium and non-premium users
    4. Always make sure to have premium on when turning in quests that give bonus exp to premium users.... (Yup, just reminding everyone) - Remember you only need to have the premium on at the time of turning the quest in, not while doing the actual quest - so this can get you a few more premium minutes
    5. If you are @ reb4, Check your premium time, if you don't have too much left, don't rush to do the quests - wait till it runs out and then do them (again, same EXP payout to non-premium, you could potentially get the last EXP % needed by turning in quests), this way you maximize your Genie premium time (Quests take time, if your premium is about to run out - thats time better spent in a Genie party)
    6. If you have any EXP % buff (UTC scroll, UTC Emblem) - Don't do quests, use these buffs for genie time

Misc:

1. Use the [Four Phases of Life] title, if you don't have it, 1 days worth (approx) of genie will open it for you (requires killing a certain amount of mobs without dying), gives you 3% bonus exp.
    2. If you are around the computer - user regular hammers to repair and / or town to repair, only use genie hammers when you go AFK as they cost -too much-

**Remember, always try to do all quests each rebirth, but, try to do them when you have no premium and no Emblem / Exp scrolls to maximize Genie bonus EXP time.**

Thats it for now!
    Cheers

Q&A Section:

1. [MySexualIntention]:
      • Question: WTF Happend to KO
      • Answer: Peanuts

2. [MHTV]:
      • Q: Can the UTC scroll be used on lower lvls?
      • A: You should be able to (keep in mind you'll die a few times trying to get the scroll, but no exp loss in there)Also - If you plan on going 83 (+), I'd seriously reccommend leaving that scroll till the higher lvls (you can only take it once per rebirth, lvls 1->83 count as 1 rebirth )
    Last edited by Nemo; 10-22-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Update - UTC scroll stays when switching between Monster stones,
    Whopping 14.5m exp per MS today.
    Great success!

Awesome tutorial dude!
    is it possible to get the utc exp scroll for 1 week if im not 83?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MHTV View Post
    Awesome tutorial dude!
    should be able to.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Honestly, after reading all this and shit I can say

Glad I got outta KO when I had the chance.
    Diver likes this.

Awesome tutorial dude!
    Thanks Hope it helps.
    As for your question - You should be able to (keep in mind you'll die a few times trying to get the scroll, but no exp loss in there)
    Also - If you plan on going 83 (+), I'd seriously reccommend leaving that scroll till the higher lvls (you can only take it once per rebirth, lvls 1->83 count as 1 rebirth )

Quote Originally Posted by MySexualIntention View Post
    Honestly, after reading all this and shit I can say

Glad I got outta KO when I had the chance.
    Glad you are happy, but try and keep replies on this posts to questions and / or additional suggestions :P
    I want to try and keep it as clean as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Glad you are happy, but try and keep replies on this posts to questions and / or additional suggestions :P
    I want to try and keep it as clean as possible

Ok, my question is wtf happened to KO and my suggestion is peanuts.

Nice tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by xxAquarelxx View Post
    Nice tutorial
    Cheers! Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MySexualIntention View Post
    Ok, my question is wtf happened to KO and my suggestion is peanuts.
    Totally my bad I guess,

Good suggestion - Peanuts - Added to the list.
    Moving on

Added a Q&A section to the guide above
    Last edited by Nemo; 10-18-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Good tutorial for the newcommers but i still think apes are the best way that and paramuns xd leave the quests for the difficult levels and also all the monster stones you get from achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Arr0w View Post
    Good tutorial for the newcommers but i still think apes are the best way that and paramuns xd leave the quests for the difficult levels and also all the monster stones you get from achievements
    Thanks
    As you can see, most of the tutorial is about Tips & Tricks to maximize EXP gain from leveling, what you level on (mobs) is entirely up to you
    [Personally i'm on paramuns atm]

The quest section even emphasizes that you should only do quests when you either have no Premium, or need 40~20% to get the next level on 83/0 -> 83/5 (As in, only do quests @ max level)

The reason why I still emphasize that quests should be done is because it literally takes 1~2 days to complete all quests with a decent party, and you get upwards to [roughly] 50% (83/0), 40%( 83/1), 30% (83/2), 25% (83/3) and 20% (83/4), keep in mind that in a stable paramun party, you get about 4~5% per day, so the quests save you a -lot- of days, and as a direct result of that, a lot of money (Premium time / Genie / etc.)

I'm a queef.
    It's nice you consider me a troll, but for real I don't think I like this new KO lol, old KO was simple, addicting and fun. :'(

Awesome tutorial dude!
    UPDATE: works on 75+, need to find out the minimum requirement to enter UTC, ill try this friday with random chars of different levels (starting with lvl 10 ofc to make things easy xD if it can access and take it, anyone can lol)

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

this shit should be stickied. Great guide

UPDATE: works on 75+, need to find out the minimum requirement to enter UTC, ill try this friday with random chars of different levels (starting with lvl 10 ofc to make things easy xD if it can access and take it, anyone can lol)
    You have to be lvl35 to be able to go EMC/LUFERSON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast