Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

what exactly do they do over maintenace period?

This is a discussion on what exactly do they do over maintenace period? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Obligatory response: They get drunk and play dodgeball. With the servers. Truthful response: They probably reboot, defragment hard drives, clear ...
Page: 3

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Exclamation

Obligatory response: They get drunk and play dodgeball. With the servers.

Truthful response: They probably reboot, defragment hard drives, clear log files to keep disk space free, briefly check the hardware for problems, and then finally, restart the AI spawn program, SQL DB, and server program itself on each individual cluster. (As I understand it, each cluster is composed of no less than three individual machines. I'm guessing it's probably at least 12 per world (6 machines running Ares 1 and 6 running Ares 2) given the load KO is under during peak hours.

I'm sure if Festo or Devile sees this topic they could offer some insight into which one is more accurate. :lol:[/b]
    you speak good english...but in a turkish clan ?
    ';-x

you speak good english...but in a turkish clan ?
    ';-x[/b]
    Don't mess with Yun! If he wants he can create a turkish clan and we still love him

I don't know where is Yun from. I believe he's from the US and he always writes properly on the forum (just like zero used to, but zero had a dick attitude 23/7).

Oh and btw... they don't restart physically the hardware, they do a software restart on their applications unless an OS or DB server critical update requires it. And no, they don't fix bugs, they create a lot more.

My 2 cents

U dont know how correct u are. I spent 3 weeks in the control room on a DuPont site seeing how they operate. Work 12 hr shifts spend 11.5 hrs with their feet up on the internet, ignoring alarms. Then tell me they get paid for what they know and not what they do.

Believe me its scary, I saw a over pressure alarm come up on the alarm manager system and the guy in charge was making steak and eggs in the canteen. I went and told him, he told me to fuck off and mind my own business. 2 mins later bursting disc popped and 600 bar(gauge) steam was shooting out the top of the boiler. I was 200 metres away and it nearly deafened me.

Unbelievable. 600 bar steam btw, is 600 x atmospheric pressure keeping us all on this planet. So u kinda could appreciate when u have that pressure trying to get outta a vessel that is 100m Cubed then its gonna take some time to vent down.imagine the noise a kettle makes. And this shit is superheated steam at over 600 degress c. And its venting to atmosphere. The company had 300 complaints from residents. Mad as fuck

Plant was shutdown for 11 days, w8ing for this thing to vent off. What happened to the guy? Absolutely nothing. Well thats job experience for ya lol[/b]
    looks like Homer Simpson story

they fix coin problems, i mean when some1 merchant having over 11 gbs on his inventory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123