Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

WoW KO Has Surprised Me Even After 12 Years!

This is a discussion on WoW KO Has Surprised Me Even After 12 Years! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Personally I have never liked new servers, there are the usual suspects hitting it like crazy and being on top ...
Page: 2

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Personally I have never liked new servers, there are the usual suspects hitting it like crazy and being on top for 5 minuets until everyone else catches up and beats them. They get all salty and quit.

The whole Steam server idea is good in principle, but there are flaws due to the current way KO is done. Capping things at 80 seems a bit pointless when people just let genie take over for a few days and levels them up.

With regards to my own char. Hmmm honestly I'm not sure how much I have spent, but compared to the prices involved when I made LeHane, it's small fry stuff. I still had a shit ton of stuff left over from C-West (I actually have a bloody 82 Sin geared in Krowaz) which meant I was able to get most of my gear from Moradon. My clan helped source stuff for me too, that's what I like about old servers, you can get what you want when you want it. Prices are so cheap for real or game money. Try doing that on any server younger than a year and it's pointless. My char has stuff that I felt was more old school in it's theory, I don't like using items that do not have health on them. You need to survive to make np's, so going for out and out AP is pointless. I use Mythril for pure vanity reasons, hell because I'm not trying to do anything "big" I'm just enjoying playing the game for the games sake.

I still think Destiny on the PS4 is a much more enjoyable game, but I busted my glasses and can't see my TV so KO it is....
    Last edited by Felix; 02-07-2016 at 10:39 AM.

This somehow feels like the most useless topic I've seen in a while. Is Gordion dying again?

Truthfully, it's not dying it's just really heavily based on a Euro time table. That makes it tricky for players from North America to get any real activity.

I like the server in many ways because you can use coins to get most things really easily. It's not hard to get the base uniques that you need to pk etc.

My heart will always be with Diez, I spent so many years there but I don't know any oldschool players left there. Gordion does have pockets of old players who I really enjoy playing with. The younger lot are really different in their approach to making a char. When I heard about the massive change with warriors I was actually stunned into silence.

I think supporting the older servers is better value for time and money than the new servers. It would be nice to have some old friends back from 12 years ago, but many people have moved on. For now I really like the guys I am playing with and I have found a new enjoyment from the game. That's something I never esxpected.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Truthfully, it's not dying it's just really heavily based on a Euro time table. That makes it tricky for players from North America to get any real activity.

I like the server in many ways because you can use coins to get most things really easily. It's not hard to get the base uniques that you need to pk etc.

My heart will always be with Diez, I spent so many years there but I don't know any oldschool players left there. Gordion does have pockets of old players who I really enjoy playing with. The younger lot are really different in their approach to making a char. When I heard about the massive change with warriors I was actually stunned into silence.

I think supporting the older servers is better value for time and money than the new servers. It would be nice to have some old friends back from 12 years ago, but many people have moved on. For now I really like the guys I am playing with and I have found a new enjoyment from the game. That's something I never esxpected.
    Yeah, but you also have to realize; any real good gear won't be on the market. Adi had an avedon 10 (unless he sold or something), don't think you'll find that on market in mordaon (maybe you will, that's how many you have!). But I know for a fact most people run around with chaos weapons +8 / +9, don't think you'll see those on moradon merch, not to mention the fact that you can have people's +10's deleted by simply complaining about it to NTT (I don't remember who, but I remember one clan complaining about another clans baal 10 and it got deleted shortly thereafter, I think it was noiselessness who lost it?).

The only reason to play any of the old server is if you enjoy pking in krowaz +8 with chaos weapons +9 with uniques +3, or if you have friends there who you are trying to play with again. Otherwise, there's no real reason to invest into any of the older servers (such as Europa, even though Europa isn't as bad as Gordion), and you're better off playing the Steam servers. In the Steam server at the moment; most people are on really equal gear, simply because there's no dragon boxes, no monster summon staffs, and killing Felankor / Isi will only benefit one / two people at most in your entire clan. Certainly, there are people that are difficult to kill (such as a warrior on Cypher called TANK in Miracle), but you just learn to not attack that person and killing the rest of his party is actually possible. Pretty much everyone is pking on rentals(source: top 5 clan on orc and we only use rentals with the exception of some of our clan members having weapons +7 / +8), but we all still pk in rental shells (+7) as you get them for 6 hours for 1million, which is pretty good gear at the moment.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Yeah, but you also have to realize; any real good gear won't be on the market. Adi had an avedon 10 (unless he sold or something), don't think you'll find that on market in mordaon (maybe you will, that's how many you have!).
    I did but you have to keep in mind that my gear isn't exactly 'average' in our server. It's not like you would see every warrior walking in moradon with an avedon 10.

I traded it btw.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Yeah, but you also have to realize; any real good gear won't be on the market. Adi had an avedon 10 (unless he sold or something), don't think you'll find that on market in mordaon (maybe you will, that's how many you have!). But I know for a fact most people run around with chaos weapons +8 / +9, don't think you'll see those on moradon merch, not to mention the fact that you can have people's +10's deleted by simply complaining about it to NTT (I don't remember who, but I remember one clan complaining about another clans baal 10 and it got deleted shortly thereafter, I think it was noiselessness who lost it?).

The only reason to play any of the old server is if you enjoy pking in krowaz +8 with chaos weapons +9 with uniques +3, or if you have friends there who you are trying to play with again. Otherwise, there's no real reason to invest into any of the older servers (such as Europa, even though Europa isn't as bad as Gordion), and you're better off playing the Steam servers. In the Steam server at the moment; most people are on really equal gear, simply because there's no dragon boxes, no monster summon staffs, and killing Felankor / Isi will only benefit one / two people at most in your entire clan. Certainly, there are people that are difficult to kill (such as a warrior on Cypher called TANK in Miracle), but you just learn to not attack that person and killing the rest of his party is actually possible. Pretty much everyone is pking on rentals(source: top 5 clan on orc and we only use rentals with the exception of some of our clan members having weapons +7 / +8), but we all still pk in rental shells (+7) as you get them for 6 hours for 1million, which is pretty good gear at the moment.
    what you want from europa?
    krowaz 7
    utc weapon 7
    uniq +1/2 (iron set 0)
    is enough to take fun in cz even with random pt

I won't use Krowaz because Mythril is so bitchin on a Orc Sin lol.

My Sherion +9 was from a merchant and there are plenty of those odd looking weapon at +8 for sale in Moradon. My earrings and rings are +3's but then they are nothing special. I have an Iron set +1 which I made from buying off the merchants. I have a WP+2 for exp and an Elf Belt. I've just been doing tons of quests as I really want to get to 100% so I can apply the extra stat points.

Kinda ironic for me that I had better gear on LeHane some 7 years ago lol and I was still out gunned by some Killedby's sins.

Banned Senior Member

"We are running out of people to play with on USKO, so please leave SteamKO and come back to USKO"
    azreal313 likes this.

I still don't understand why anyone would play on a server where there's years worth of a gear gap rather than starting on a server where people are maybe a week ahead in progress.

midgard pk all the way!!! pic.. time there is 400+ ppl in cz for now imma stay in migard. i've pk also on steam but like migard pk better for now!!

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by azreal313 View Post
    I still don't understand why anyone would play on a server where there's years worth of a gear gap rather than starting on a server where people are maybe a week ahead in progress.
    A years worth of a gap? That just mean's items are a ton cheaper and gold has little to no value, meaning you could probably spend less on a "years worth of gap server" then a brand new one. Example? Gold bar prices.
    Felix likes this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Tbh, PK on Gordion wasn't even affected from the release of steam (no idea how come..)
    But CSW did, fewer people on CSW which makes it easier

Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    A years worth of a gap? That just mean's items are a ton cheaper and gold has little to no value, meaning you could probably spend less on a "years worth of gap server" then a brand new one. Example? Gold bar prices.
    Well you can spend almost same money with good gear at old server, and mid gear at new server, the difference is you will have more fun at new server.
    For example can you do anything with 8 shards at old servers?
    You can be gg with 7 shards at cypher.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Steam is easier, new servers are the funnest.
    SkyHunter likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Does anyone else find it funny that Degano is now a forum moderator for NTTGame and he had a +10 unique weopon. LMFAO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast