Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

(>^.^)> New Computer <(^.^<)

This is a discussion on (>^.^)> New Computer <(^.^<) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I can&#39;t help ya with that but you may be able to find some cheap ones on ebay for $50-100 ...
Page: 2

I can&#39;t help ya with that but you may be able to find some cheap ones on ebay for $50-100 brand new or in good condition depending on the size you want.

A 15-19 inch should cost about $100-150 brand new and larger ones will go up to the range of $200-400, don&#39;t even ask me what 30" ones go for. :P

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Thank you very much for the information, Metalkon. You&#39;ve been very helpful. =)

Thank you very much for the information, Metalkon. You&#39;ve been very helpful. =)[/b]
    No problem, I have been researching what would be best for my own i7 during the past couple months so I know a lot about building a PC with an i7.

I am still in the process of buying my own parts from ncix and tigerdirect.

Edit: And about the power supply, make sure that its a Corsair and at least 700 watts no matter what. They cost about $100+ USD also. Don&#39;t ever consider buying a cheap power supply or you will have computer problems and it will burn out after several months.

Metalkon&#39;s Suggested Brands

Central Proccessing Unit (CPU)
    Intel

AMD has some fast CPU&#39;s and they are cheap but they run very hot and have other problems, I personally prefer Intel for reliability. The Intel Core i7 CPU is still the fastest thing you can get on the market right now.

Computer Cases
    Cooler Master

Cooling Related Parts
    Cooler Master

Motherboards
    EVGA & Gigabyte (ASUS is good too I think but these are better for the x58 at least)

RAM
    G.Skill(DDR3 RAM) & Corsair(Any RAM)

Graphics Card
    EVGA (ATI or Nvidia, does not matter)

Hard Drive
    Western Digital

Also, here is a benchmark for the best Heatsinks but 1-2C is fuck all so your fine as long as you get one of them thats 25C or less.

Final List:

Looking good, don&#39;t forget the Operating System if you don&#39;t have one already.

If you were to buy the same PC from Alienware it would cost you $3000+ or something close to that.

You can save money by using combo deals with the same parts, check the combo deals to see what you can save if they offer deals with the parts you already have selected.

Edit: I&#39;l take a look myself

Random Deals
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.162082
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.160672
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.160675
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.160459
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDet...st=Combo.162100

There are others

Damn, nice deals. I&#39;ll probably take motherboard + x64 bit OS.( or all, lol)

Show me your final result after the combo&#39;s are all chosen.

When choosing a Graphics Card in a combo deal, I am not too sure if you get the game with them so its up to you for that research.

NCIX also offers these combo deals, you can check their site also.

Graphic card already comes with a combo deal(Call of Duty =D ).

Final final List:

Thats good, don&#39;t forget the thermal compound/pad for the CPU.

The stuff that apparently comes with the CPU is crap, 3dgameman explains a bit about thermal compound in one of his Q&A videos.

It should only cost you $5 but I don&#39;t know what the best stuff is yet, its important for your CPU&#39;s cooling.

You should check as many videos as you can where people are putting computers together, and read up anything that you find even before hitting the manuals. Its a good thing to do while waiting for it all to get shipped.

EDIT: Thats the x58 motherboard in your shopping cart right? It does not say x58 in the name like it should but everything else matches up, double check for me.

EDIT: Thats the x58 motherboard in your shopping cart right? It does not say x58 in the name like it should but everything else matches up, double check for me.[/b]
    Yes, it is. As for monitor, I&#39;m going with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009162

paperownz

did u check out tigerdirect.com? Cuz sometime they cheaper then new egg. And get on msn sometime. I miss u aga.

Strike

avoid ANY x64 bit OS for now. there is not enough support for x64 bit programs and many of your most popular games and programs do not run on it. Those that do run into all sorts of lag issues and compatibility problems. look into x32 XP or XP Pro and not x32 Vista as Windows 7 will be coming out later this yr or early next. Windows 7 is far better than vista right now and its not as resource hungry so it preforms better. i don&#39;t have time right now to go into full details but if you really want to know exact problems with x64 bit OS, google it or if you ask REALLY nice i will go into details :lol: .

paperownz

i love my x64 bit. its compatiable with 32 but wont b faster as x64 program thats all. And check this kit out.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...M1849-_-PresDay

avoid ANY x64 bit OS for now. there is not enough support for x64 bit programs and many of your most popular games and programs do not run on it. Those that do run into all sorts of lag issues and compatibility problems. look into x32 XP or XP Pro and not x32 Vista as Windows 7 will be coming out later this yr or early next. Windows 7 is far better than vista right now and its not as resource hungry so it preforms better. i don&#39;t have time right now to go into full details but if you really want to know exact problems with x64 bit OS, google it or if you ask REALLY nice i will go into details :lol: .[/b]
    32bit only supports 3.5 Gigs of RAM

avoid ANY x64 bit OS for now. there is not enough support for x64 bit programs and many of your most popular games and programs do not run on it. Those that do run into all sorts of lag issues and compatibility problems. look into x32 XP or XP Pro and not x32 Vista as Windows 7 will be coming out later this yr or early next. Windows 7 is far better than vista right now and its not as resource hungry so it preforms better. i don&#39;t have time right now to go into full details but if you really want to know exact problems with x64 bit OS, google it or if you ask REALLY nice i will go into details :lol: .[/b]
    I&#39;m well aware of curtain x64-bit OS issues and yes I agree with Windows 7 being superior than Vista. I currently have x32-bit of Windows 7 on my laptop for testing purposes and it&#39;s much better. I honestly can&#39;t wait to test out x64-bit of it( already on a dvd, waiting to be installed =( ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast