Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rate My Intros

This is a discussion on Rate My Intros within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yes 1st rly nice....
Page: 2

yes 1st rly nice.

Aight thanks will try soon one more intro about ending more interesting and will try better text :P

in the first vid the "PRODUCTION" text is horrible, unreadable, moving retarded + its there too long

2nd one ftw, it was quite insane, but as Musht said, the two screens was quite a flop cos you expect something to happen, so 2nd one. oh and yeah the text was awful and unreadable

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

pede oww and yah about intros, WTF U STILL PLAY KO?

really nice intros good job

CherryPoppin Senior Member MastaCrunk's Avatar

Good start so far! the first one is pretty decent, keep it up.

the first one is good

i think 1st > 2nd

First:
    Bad timing, 2 screens is boring, very bad font and effect on text. I mean this font and effect :

Second:
    Again bad timing, font and bad effect (i cant read text) here:

picture where the falling meteors is ok, just do not put text in the middle of where your character is running, it's difficult to see.

In my opinion is first very bad and second good. If you change font and do right timing so it will be perfect

gl and hf

iTzBryan Senior Member

To be honest, they were both shitty. The effects were experimental at best. The problem is your effects have no correlation or lead in to the actual video material. Took too long to flash the texts, and the texts were incredibly difficult to read with all of the highly elaborate, sketchy, and cluttering effects.

Rating? You can't rate this. It's not an intro, it's an experiment. Keep working on your skills though; I can tell you are learning the program still. And try to watch it as someone who has never seen the game before. Does it make sense?

In your case, no, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    To be honest, they were both shitty. The effects were experimental at best. The problem is your effects have no correlation or lead in to the actual video material. Took too long to flash the texts, and the texts were incredibly difficult to read with all of the highly elaborate, sketchy, and cluttering effects.

Rating? You can't rate this. It's not an intro, it's an experiment. Keep working on your skills though; I can tell you are learning the program still. And try to watch it as someone who has never seen the game before. Does it make sense?

In your case, no, it doesn't.
    This.

It seems like you've just learned a couple of things in After Effects and tried to rush it and chuck it together with some text. Some parts seem decent and well put together, the first part of Intro 1 was okay - then it cuts to those 2 shots side by side, which spoils it.

Work on the transitions between things, because they're choppy and don't blend or ease you into the next frame/instance. Make everything as clear as possible, unless there is a necessary reason not to. Spend a bit more time on it experimenting, work on the flow and effects... Maybe try different backing music and do an intro following that.

Just suggestions, good luck man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12