Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Want me to make your PK video?

This is a discussion on Want me to make your PK video? within the Media forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ah, I thought you had a lot of free time and wanted to do this as a rather nice source ...
Page: 3

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Ah, I thought you had a lot of free time and wanted to do this as a rather nice source of income. Given your situation, your price makes sense, but maybe then put in the main post you're extremely willing to negotiate (at least before grad school starts) and that you are willing to do it for less given you like the clips or the person.

$150 for 10 minutes is pretty high in my opinion, but if your time is that rare or your time is that few then I could understand why you're charging such a high price; but I can't imagine you'll get much traffic. Again, I don't know who you talked to regarding these prices; I don't know if you talked to people that approached you and asked for video edits or if you just talked to some friends who don't know much about editing, but you could probably just do it on a case-to-case basis, given what people want, etc. That would probably be a lot less hassle.

You also have to realize that even though you have 2k subscribers, your channel has an extreme variety of games. How many are actually from KO content? Some people could've subscribed to you because of your voice-overs or personality, but if they see some 5-10 minute video of some game they've never played with flashy music and edits they might just turn it off.

In the end, good luck and good luck in grad school.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    $150 for 10 minutes is pretty high in my opinion
    150$ is not alot of money.
    If OP puts 10 hrs+ into a 10 Minute Video and he'll intent to make an income out of it then he should atleast charge 150$, unless his (opportunity) costs are measurebly less what is the case in 3rd worlds countries (India,Nigeria,...) .
    For instance it's not uncommon to see intermediate freelancing programmers demanding 60-80$ per hour, experts even charge 120$-150$.
    In view of the fact that some people may assume that it's too pricey, there are alot of people out there that gladly would pay that price
    (some people bear the idea that they can get the best quality for the lowest price). If one is dedicated to this game (as it seems to occur) and has an organized group of people following his guidance and his perceived value of having a prestige reputation exceeds his value of 150$ (implied he's satisfied with OPs work) then I don't see a reason why that business shouldn't work
    itzbryan likes this.

iTzBryan Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Ah, I thought you had a lot of free time and wanted to do this as a rather nice source of income. Given your situation, your price makes sense, but maybe then put in the main post you're extremely willing to negotiate (at least before grad school starts) and that you are willing to do it for less given you like the clips or the person.

$150 for 10 minutes is pretty high in my opinion, but if your time is that rare or your time is that few then I could understand why you're charging such a high price; but I can't imagine you'll get much traffic. Again, I don't know who you talked to regarding these prices; I don't know if you talked to people that approached you and asked for video edits or if you just talked to some friends who don't know much about editing, but you could probably just do it on a case-to-case basis, given what people want, etc. That would probably be a lot less hassle.

You also have to realize that even though you have 2k subscribers, your channel has an extreme variety of games. How many are actually from KO content? Some people could've subscribed to you because of your voice-overs or personality, but if they see some 5-10 minute video of some game they've never played with flashy music and edits they might just turn it off.

In the end, good luck and good luck in grad school.
    A source of income from KO movie making? ROFL. I enjoy editing man. That's it. $150 for 10 minutes is on point if I do what I always plan to do which is put in a lot of work. If it's literally transitions over a song or 4? That's different... My price assumes that I'm in fact spending at least an hour per video minute on EDITING. That doesn't even consider the time in consult with the person paying for the service; that's "free." Of course the price would go down significantly if someone literally wanted me to mash some clips together (basic zooms, transitions, music sync)... But then I wouldn't feature it on my channel lol. EDIT: ahhh fuck it, yes I would LOL

I like your idea about negotiation based on complexity and the offer... I'll add that even though I figured it was assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    150$ is not alot of money.
    If OP puts 10 hrs+ into a 10 Minute Video and he'll intent to make an income out of it then he should atleast charge 150$, unless his (opportunity) costs are measurebly less what is the case in 3rd worlds countries (India,Nigeria,...) .
    For instance it's not uncommon to see intermediate freelancing programmers demanding 60-80$ per hour, experts even charge 120$-150$.
    In view of the fact that some people may assume that it's too pricey, there are alot of people out there that gladly would pay that price
    (some people bear the idea that they can get the best quality for the lowest price). If one is dedicated to this game (as it seems to occur) and has an organized group of people following his guidance and his perceived value of having a prestige reputation exceeds his value of 150$ (implied he's satisfied with OPs work) then I don't see a reason why that business shouldn't work
    Exactly. Fucking knocked it out of the park. Finally someone that isn't egregiously egocentric and understands a real world, real money scenario -- Just because YOU don't want a PK video and can't see the value doesn't mean others don't. Rofl. Thanks for an unbiased stance. So refreshing on this forum.
    Last edited by itzbryan; 01-03-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123