Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Analysing the Turkish Culture

This is a discussion on Analysing the Turkish Culture within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div> Originally posted by Azotame @ <!--QuoteBegin-SaintLakis I will start with a small example. Afew days ...
Page: 3

Azotame

Default Re: Analysing the Turkish Culture

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    Originally posted by Azotame@
    <!--QuoteBegin-SaintLakis

I will start with a small example.

Afew days ago i was watching a football match with my cousin(he is a philosopher), with a turkish team. Anyway, the turkish player did a very hard foul on the other player and everybody saw that, but not even he didnt accept his warning he started shouting to the referee, without having an idea what he done, although it was an obvius *foul. So the referee show hims the yellow card and he begs his head, he shut up and he leave. And then my cousin said to me. This is how these people act, they dont know what is right or wrong, what is alowted or not, they just do it by FEAR. They have self control and doing the *"right thing" only by fear. *

Some days ago i with my friend in typical boss hunting day, we find talos. We started killing him and then a koxper came out. He starts hiting him and he lure from us doing the round of eslant, but he couldnt kill him. I pm him, you cannot kill it, let us do it. And ofcource he decided that the best thing to do is to lure talos in town and bug it. What he feel by do it? Pain of others = happyness for me? LAter when we did samma another noob just hit sama with poison to lure it from us. Why? We never bother anyone, we never ks or say a bad word. why they do it?

I was exping my noob char with my friend and suddenly an archer come next to me, set up his k.o.xp and start killing the mobs. Ignoring that there is another human next to him. Not a game bot. A real human that is playing with him, the same game with the same reason, fun. Where is the respect? He feels that he is alone in the world? I pm him that gm is online and he left. *

People play KO from more than 200+ countries all over the world. And all of them decided that the best for all is to tlak english to understand each other. There is only one country that refuce to do it. Why? Why they always be the exeption?

I play ko since Myko *and i learned what ks mean when turks came out.

OK i will not be apsolute of cource there are good people, but im talknig about the majority and ofcource most of them are not educated. *

I really want someone that knowshistory or has a better view to explain me how these people feel, act, think and why.

These people will be in EU the next few years.

i think u need more than a soccer match or doin a boss, to undertand turkish behavior.

u better make some turkish friends and u will understand.

think about this.

young ppl + dont know the language = how would they feel?

if u feel like that, how would u behave?

maybe u dont know, cause u do know english, but u can imagine

think about not gettin a party or not gettin a clan because u cant understand english, about sellin somethin in moradon.. etc

turks are nice ppl, i see them gettin flamed on this forums everyday, a forum where they cannot enter to answer

find some turks who speak english, talk to them, and u will realize that these turks are not as bad as the ones that u havent talked to.

understand, easy as that :rollseyes:
    Ok, so because someone says "Hola" or "Konichiwa" (think i spelled it right), as a 16 year old, I should insult their mother/sister/grandma/aunt?

I agree, not all Turks are the evil cheaters they are made out to be. However, the MAJORITY of them are that evil cheater stereotype.[/b]
    says hola or konichiwa? wtf u talkin about?
    im talkin about lot of stuff,
    think about this, i kick u from my party beacuse u dont speak my language, i kick u from clan becuse i dont understand u, u dont understand why i kicked u.. cause u dont understand english, u didnt do anything wrong, u just dont speak the language, but now.. u got no party, no ppl to talk to.

maybe i pm u sayin something, but when u see all bad things that i did to u, maybe u are mad, and think that i insulted u, and u insult me, and just beacuse i dont know turkish, i think u insulted me.. and goes on.

thats the language barrier, deal with it, but be patient, and try to understand.

tolgahan

i think everybody has to understand English there as the international language.this games language is English.We cant expect others know english too then they respect English speakers. But u cant judge non egnlish speakers too if they dont disturb u
    i think its time to end this topic too. if u want to learn something about turkish culture ask it to saintlakis :lol:

Originally posted by Azotame+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azotame)</div>
    Originally posted by Shurt@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azotame

i think u need more than a soccer match or doin a boss, to undertand turkish behavior.

think about this.

think about not gettin a party or not gettin a clan because u cant understand english, about sellin somethin in moradon.. etc

turks are nice ppl, i see them gettin flamed on this forums everyday, a forum where they cannot enter to answer

find some turks who speak english, talk to them, and u will realize that these turks are not as bad as the ones that u havent talked to.

understand, easy as that *:rollseyes:

Ok, so because someone says "Hola" or "Konichiwa" (think i spelled it right), as a 16 year old, I should insult their mother/sister/grandma/aunt?

I agree, not all Turks are the evil cheaters they are made out to be. However, the MAJORITY of them are that evil cheater stereotype.
    think about this, i kick u from my party beacuse u dont speak my language, i kick u from clan becuse i dont understand u, u dont understand why i kicked u.. cause u dont understand english, u didnt do anything wrong, u just dont speak the language, but now.. u got no party, no ppl to talk to.

maybe i pm u sayin something, but when u see all bad things that i did to u, maybe u are mad, and think that i insulted u, and u insult me, and just beacuse i dont know turkish, i think u insulted me.. and goes on.

thats the language barrier, deal with it, but be patient, and try to understand.[/b]
    Ok, sorry for apparently not getting my point across. I bolded the point I was referring to. Look it at this way. I say something in English to a Turk. He gets offended because I spoke in English, therefore he insults some female member of my family. Same thing as I said above. Just because someone says something in their native language does not mean you have to become offended by it. As I said, I'm only 16, but am I supposed to become offended when someone says something to me in Spanish or Japanese or any other language? That makes no sense at all.

SaintLakis

I didnt make this topic to flame turks neither i said i hate them. Im just trying to understand them. I dont know their culture but i respect and i expect from them the same, even in a small game. There are some simple human to human rules that everybody can understand, exept them.

And tolgahan stop trying to make me start flaming. i wont. Its not funny. I live with Turks, i know a piece of your culture and trying to understand it. Im not afraid for raping me, even they did it before to my people. Only thing i expect is respect. Its so obvius.

And of cource im not talking for all the turks. I spoke with many educated and it was very ok.

Try to understand my point its not another "flaming turks topic"

Azotame

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    Originally posted by Azotame+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azotame)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shurt
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Azotame

think about this.

understand, easy as that *:rollseyes:

I agree, not all Turks are the evil cheaters they are made out to be. However, the MAJORITY of them are that evil cheater stereotype.

thats the language barrier, deal with it, but be patient, and try to understand.[/b]
    Ok, sorry for apparently not getting my point across. I bolded the point I was referring to. Look it at this way. I say something in English to a Turk. He gets offended because I spoke in English, therefore he insults some female member of my family. Same thing as I said above. Just because someone says something in their native language does not mean you have to become offended by it. As I said, I'm only 16, but am I supposed to become offended when someone says something to me in Spanish or Japanese or any other language? That makes no sense at all.[/b][/quote]

k i got the problem, u gettin lot of insults from turks.

let me tell u something, i have play this game for a very long time

I havent been insulted by a turk with no reason, never dude, its just crazy.

is like walkin on the street, and gettin kicked without any reason.

i dont flame turks, i dont insult them, i dont think their are low class ppl, i respect them, i have some turk friends,

and guess what, they dont pm me to insult me.

Like ppl says in my country, " ppl is not crazy ", have u heard about action-reaction ?

this is not for u shurt, but some ppl flame turks on this forums, and when they log in game, they expect some respect.

its just ... funny

n.0.HealerHack

its a big big big different from 'turks' and 'turk' ... not all turks are the same ... not all turks are cheating ... it depends from person and his charakter ... in other countries some ppl cheating too, and behaving like 'noobs' ... but why we always saying 'stupid turks', 'turks are ksers' ? because most of KO players are ppl from Turkey ... dats it ... let's think ... it could be other way ... if FOR EXAMPLE most of players KO could be english or deutch or brazilian or polish ... then Im sure many of them can cheat and ks etc etc ... then we probably would call them 'stupid noobs' ... like turks atm ... anyway I no a turk almost 2 years ... most days talkin with him ... and he's GG ... i think its dat.. in my opinion ofc

Azotame

Originally posted by n.0.HealerHack
    its a big big big different from 'turks' and 'turk' ... not all turks are the same ... not all turks are cheating ... it depends from person and his charakter ... in other countries some ppl cheating too, and behaving like 'noobs' ... but why we always saying 'stupid turks', 'turks are ksers' ? because most of KO players are ppl from Turkey ... dats it ... let's think ... it could be other way ... if FOR EXAMPLE most of players KO could be english or deutch or brazilian or polish ... then Im sure many of them can cheat and ks etc etc ... then we probably would call them 'stupid noobs' ... like turks atm ... anyway I no a turk almost 2 years ... most days talkin with him ... and he's GG ... i think its dat.. in my opinion ofc
    +1

Originally posted by Azotame

k i got the problem, u gettin lot of insults from turks.

let me tell u something, i have play this game for a very long time

I havent been insulted by a turk with no reason, never dude, its just crazy.

is like walkin on the street, and gettin kicked without any reason.

i dont flame turks, i dont insult them, i dont think their are low class ppl, i respect them, i have some turk friends,

and guess what, they dont pm me to insult me.

Like ppl says in my country, " ppl is not crazy ", have u heard about action-reaction ?

this is not for u shurt, but some ppl flame turks on this forums, and when they log in game, they expect some respect.

its just ... funny
    I've played this game since day one of USKO. I have been insulted randomly for no apparant reason. Hell, I got insulted once simply because i said "hi" to someone who joined my party.

Helm

Dont generalise ppl, u cant understand turks, coz they are ppl just like all uf us and 99,99% ppl dont even understend themself. Fact is that their gameing cafes are letting lot of kids play something they usualy wouldnt, and if u see one guy using hack, and having uber items u dont want to sit next to that person and play lvl 46 mage in that yellow dress.

I'm easy to relate to this, coz similar situation in my country and if there was no WoW, maybe "turks" wouldnt be only ppl who dont speek english in this game.

Solution... there is none, I myself feel that person on other side of PM is RETARD if using turkish... dunno why and it is not correct but I simply feel no respect to that one.

Maybe best thing to do, if posible is to ignore nonenglish speekers, sometimes u can be in party without saying word, actualy all u need for good exp is "undy", "11111", "++++" and "44444"

And about turkish history, u can find all u want on google. Did u know that Ayasofia, now one of greatest mosques in the world was originaly orthodox cathedral/church :rollseyes:

tolgahan

saintlakis i know

Juturne

well guys, i ve just talked to a turkish guy "Davidoff" from Manes if u know :P and he said that he understands english but he doesnt talk because other countries trying to make Turkey a colony. ANd they wanna share country. And also , he lives in turkey so he doesnt need english. But later he approved that english is necessary to know to understand other countries and also to find a girlfriend from another country xD

well, as a turk, i can speak english and french and very little polish ^^ so, i know that knowing languages in here is not sth rare but only well educated ppl can know. But i agree that english speaking turkish ppl are less than some certain countries. But, if u need to judge, no need to lean on Turkish ppl because they dont speak english, it s coz of absent education, but most french ppl dont speak english or other altho they know very well...

And i cant understand why turkish ips are blocked :S thank god i can enter from school web.. but it s a shame to be counted as a koxper cheater non speakin eng spammer turkish...... And im not the only one who is innocent :P

tolgahan

u have 0 post löl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123