Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone get the palm pre ?

This is a discussion on Anyone get the palm pre ? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; how do u like it ? iunno if its the iphone killer but so far so good since im stuck ...
Page: 1

how do u like it ? iunno if its the iphone killer but so far so good since im stuck on sprint for some time

unlock iphone = u can use any carrier

and the palm pre has the microscopic keyboard <_<

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

old iphone3g now $99

new iphone 3gs with camera and new features $199 for 16gb and $299 for 32gb

why would u get a palm pre now

old iphone3g now $99

new iphone 3gs with camera and new features $199 for 16gb and $299 for 32gb

why would u get a palm pre now [/b]
    yep just heard about this today, and i am super pissed because less then 1 month ago i bought an iphone 3g 16gb for 300$ (600$ normal price without a contract)

so i can get iphone 16gb for 200$ and unlock it for a simply everything sprint plan ? will the internet work through sprint on an iphone ?

i swapped my pre back for my centro wasn&#39;t worth it

so i can get iphone 16gb for 200$ and unlock it for a simply everything sprint plan ? will the internet work through sprint on an iphone ?

i swapped my pre back for my centro wasn&#39;t worth it[/b]
    Yeah, but you&#39;ll still be paying the bill for AT&T. The $200 price of the iPhone includes a 2-year contract.

oh ... hmm how much is the normal price for a new iphone

i see one for 200 3 months old like new unlocked and another outta the box unlocked for 280 both say 3g 16gb is that the same ?

also if i just buy an iphone and have it unlocked and use sprint with it how will the internet work will it ? like the internet from sprint ? txt msgs its all the same right ?

in the netherlands the prices are like 400-500 euro&#39;s for a 16g
    and these are used phones

with contract for 2 year its free

i dont see how u can use sprint on an iphone ? can u give me links giga ?

yeah doesn&#39;t look possible to me ..

It&#39;s possible. What you&#39;ll do is you&#39;ll put your Sprint SIM card in the iPhone and it&#39;ll receive the same service that you would on your other Sprint phone. Assuming, of course, you&#39;ve unlocked it or bought it officially unlocked.

As for the cost, the cost of the 16gb iPhone 3GS (the new one) is $199, with a two year contract. The 32gb is $299. As for buying one that is officially unlocked, those prices are a considerable bit more (something like $499 and $599 for the 16gb and 32gb respectively). What I meant by "paying the bill for AT&T" is that you&#39;ll have to keep your account with AT&T open for one month or so and pay the cancellation fee, or pay for the contract outright, meaning the full 2 years.

Tbh, if you live in a populated area, want an iPhone, and don&#39;t have any emotional ties to Sprint, I&#39;d just switch to AT&T. I live in a not-so-populated area, roughly 110,000 people, and my service is excellent. No 3G unfortunately, but EDGE is decent enough until I go to college (which is a 3G area, lol)

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

It&#39;s possible. What you&#39;ll do is you&#39;ll put your Sprint SIM card in the iPhone and it&#39;ll receive the same service that you would on your other Sprint phone. Assuming, of course, you&#39;ve unlocked it or bought it officially unlocked.

As for the cost, the cost of the 16gb iPhone 3GS (the new one) is $199, with a two year contract. The 32gb is $299. As for buying one that is officially unlocked, those prices are a considerable bit more (something like $499 and $599 for the 16gb and 32gb respectively). What I meant by "paying the bill for AT&T" is that you&#39;ll have to keep your account with AT&T open for one month or so and pay the cancellation fee, or pay for the contract outright, meaning the full 2 years.

Tbh, if you live in a populated area, want an iPhone, and don&#39;t have any emotional ties to Sprint, I&#39;d just switch to AT&T. I live in a not-so-populated area, roughly 110,000 people, and my service is excellent. No 3G unfortunately, but EDGE is decent enough until I go to college (which is a 3G area, lol)[/b]
    +1 I live in cali and we have 3g all over. If you can 3g, go 3g.

hmm i&#39;ll have to ask my m8 that works at sprint because right now i dont even have a sim its built into the centro afaik i found a 3g 16gb iphone unlocked for like 150 ima meet the guy tomorrow

i really like sprints internet i pay 200 bucks for 2 phones but they both are unlimited everything i was just confused how the internet would work with out actually having at&t at all

you know any sites who have info on this stuff ? i&#39;ve tried youtube / google and just see bull shit scams / ppl selling unlocked phones

yeah digging around a bit and there is little support online it seems for sprint but i guesss the hybrid sprint phones use actual sim cards i might be able to get someone to hook me up with one because the phone i have is internal it might even just be something i can ask for from sprint

i have at&t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast