Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Creatine and Whey

This is a discussion on Creatine and Whey within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i started go to the gym 3 months ago, 1 week ago i bought Whey. 1)doest it really effective?? cus ...
Page: 1

Trawma

i started go to the gym 3 months ago, 1 week ago i bought Whey.

1)doest it really effective?? cus i dont see any changes :S

2)should i buy creatine also? does it works? lot ppl who with me in the gym taking creatine they r saying
    thats give u power to pick more kg's, but u gotta drink like 3liters water minimum if u take creatine cus its drier u.

3)does these things r damage ur health anyhow?

TunaFishyMe

i take whey as well. It is just extra protein. It does not fill your muscles with water so you dont look bigger. For whey to work, you have to lift harder. Whey is just a by product from the process of making milk. If you eat it and dont work out, its extra calories.

Creatine is a bit different. I heard it produces more ATP so you can lift more. which then uses your muscles more, which then makes you bigger. However, i heard that creatine makes is water-retensive (right word?) and it pretty much bloats you up. If you stop taking it, youll deflat and your muscles will be flabby. I'm not sure how true this is, but thats why I dont take creatine.

Really, its all about diet anyways. To get bigger, eat 500 more calories per day and lift hard. In a week, you should gain 1 pound of muscle/some fat. To trim, eat more vegetables and shit, but you can't starve yourself, or else you shrink.

neone here know about the new steroid comming out ? supposed to be same as roids but safe or some shit a buddy of mine was talkin bout it

Trawma

calories get u fat, i want to get bigger only in muscles,i drink whey with a small amount of calories.
    (also i run a lot everyday)
    if i use whey and after some time i stop to use it does my muscles will be flabby?

btw i drink the whey 2 times a day, right after the work in the gym with water and before the sleep with milk so it
    will get into my body slowly.

about the creatine i dont think its true cus like a lot of ppl taking it in my gym and the guides in my gym r recommend
    to use it if u picking lot kg's.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Whey = extra protein. That's it. I wouldn't consume Creatine tho, but then again I don't use whey either. I rather work out without extra suplements so I don't depend on them. And if for some reason I can't work out for a while/eat as much protein as I'd like, won't loose strenght nor resistances because my muscles consist of more fibre than water.

TunaFishyMe

thats wrong. the whole point of whey is that is fast absorbing. You always take it with water. If you want slow absorbing go for c_____. somethig that starts with a c but isnt creatine. I forget what its called. most people who are really intense take both, whey after workout and c___ during the day.
    I know creatine helps you lift more. Its a weaker/legal/safer version of steroids. But im 90% sure about the bloating. It fills your muscles with water.If you stop using whey, your muscles dont get flabby. Its just protein.

Without calories, your muscles wont grow. It is fuel for your muscles to get bigger. Ive read a lot of stuff saying that cardio on the same workout day is a waste of time. You put your body in catabolic state when you want to be anabolic. Unless your body is genetically awesome, its impossible to put on actual mass/size of lean muscle in a short period of time. Most people go through bulking and cutting phases where you focus on eating a lot of calories/protein and lift hard. You build a ton of muscle but also gain fat. You do little to no cardio in this phase. And thne you enter a cut phase where you pick up cardio, you still lift and you choose a leafier diet. You cant expect to get big without eating a lot. Its simple science.

Banned

whey are good when you want to build muscles, but you will get far while using it so try to run also.
    I donīt know how creatine works but i think you canīt drink coffie while using it :P

Use it in periods and keep running to not get fat.

TunaFishyMe

YOU CANT GET BIG WITHOUT GAINING SOME FAT FIRST.
    how come people never understand this? There are people who can do it, but the average person can't.
    Its simple math. Lets say you bulk up 50 pounds. Say 30% of that is fat. so that means you have 35pounds of muscle. Then when you trim, youll lose fat AND muscle. lets say 10 pounds of muscle (thats stretching it far)...you end up with 25 pounds of muscle.

Do you know how long it will take to gain 25 pounds of lean muscle? Like 10 years?! If cardio helps increase muscle mass, why arent marathon runners huge?! Did you see the ethopian in the olympics? Skinny as fuck. As you increase your muscle mass, you burn fat a lot quicker when you do cardio.

I drink two scoops of whey after a workout (50g of protein)...thats like what? 200 calories? Thats hardly anything. You want your calories to come from protein. But you need a lot of calories for your muscles to grow. Calories does not equal fat. Calories + watching tv all day and sleeping = fat. Without calories and intensive exercise, you'll shrink or break.

TunaFishyMe

Also, whey and creatine are not miracle drugs. Whey is just protein. Thats it. Its food. Some people eat whey as part of their diet to get the daily protein they need. You should eat 0.8g * bodyweight per day. SOmething like that. it works out to like 120g or something for me. I dont really go into the math, i just take 2 scoops after workout and just eat more in general.

Eating whey and creatine wont make you huge. They help you rebuild your muscles. Thats it. If you dont workout and you eat it, its like eating 50gs of protein and 200 calories and you just shit it out or it turns to fat like every other calories that doesnt get burned.

Creatine is the energy used to recreate the ATP from the ADP+P which in returns gives a massive amount of short term energy usually around 10 seconds.. Your body has a natural build of creatine and you cant exactly "load" like you can with carb's. Also creatine affects the kidneys in bad ways.. All in all, it just aids the energy cycle by providing that little more supplement

TunaFishyMe

Casien or something..thats what it is.Casien is slow digesting protein.

if you only consume a small amount of calories over your maintenence level, say 500 more, and your protein consumption is ok then you will gain muscle with minimal fat gain. You don't need whey or creatine to do it, but whey makes it easier. Creatine is used for the ATP, which is a short-term form of energy you use during intense work. Creatine gives you a bit more so you can generally push out a couple more reps than you would otherwise. But it's not necessary really.

evilwevel

every legal product that says it'll enhance your performance is just rubbish. and all sorts of roids completely destroys your body from the inside out. just go for the slower build up of your muscles, that way nobody has to hear you whining about why you got kidney or liver caner in your mid 30's.

TunaFishyMe

whey is not some kind of roid. Its just protein. Creatine I believe have some kidney effects. Without taking whey, to achieve the protein level you need, you can cook a steak of salmon or lean chicken breast or stuff like that. However, I dont have the time for that, so whey is more convient.

Also, some people can't build muscle taht easier. Its just their genetics. They either have to force themselves to eat a lot of calories or they can take a weight gainer. Its easier to drink than to force something down your throat

Trawma

festo, if creatine affects on kidney in bad ways, so it should be ilegal and guides should not recommend
    to use it.

i know lot of ppl who using it, lot of guides from the gym recommend me to use creatine and they say it do nothing
    but againe lot of ppl saying it damage ur health >< so i dunno, atm i use only 100% whey.

so tuna u r saying u r taking whey only one time a day right after the work in the gym?
    ppl told me that i should use it 2xeveryday at the way as i said few posts above.

btw tuna u use gainer? or 100% whey?

and about this Casien this is really that helps to gain muscle?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast