Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Da Vinci Code

This is a discussion on The Da Vinci Code within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by blackholesun Middle east - Israel : you know the girls here are the best in the world ...
Page: 3

Originally posted by blackholesun
    Middle east - Israel : you know the girls here are the best in the world xD
    I'm from the US, but I was in the Middle East when I read it, so. . .

hej

Originally posted by PopTart
    i heared that the movie sux....

the book has 2 much details and the producer couldnt keep up with all that so he changed alot of stuff
    Name one book that they have followed in the movie?
    Starwars 1=Some
    Running man=No no no
    LOTR=some
    Onskan=No (Swedish movie/book, really god book and really crapy movie)

true, pretty much anything w/ time constraints takes away from the book. About the only thing i've found that seems to follow the book pretty well was The Stand, by Stephen King. . and only because that movie was more like a mini-series.

Arphetic

still gotta check but i have it on dvd yet.

I hated the movie BIG TIME!!!
    I loved the book though it was awesome havent read something that good ever!!!
    READ THE BOOK AND DONT WATCH THE MOVIE BELIEVE ME

Babek

Originally posted by hej

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-hej

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas[/b]
    Spiderman

Diler

cool movie.

Obiwan

Originally posted by PopTart
    i heared that the movie sux....

the book has 2 much details and the producer couldnt keep up with all that so he changed alot of stuff
    Its the same everywhere.

I liked the movie, I plan to read the book, but I need time ^_^
    I liked the actors (except Jean Reno, he sucks here )

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Babek+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Babek)</div>
    Originally posted by hej@

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas[/b]
    AWESOME MOVIE
    havent read the book , if there`s one...

<!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe

i find it funny cuz this dan brown guy actually believes in the shit that he wrote. *My friend told me he publicly announced that he thinks this stuff is true. *There are also these believers who now think christianity is a hoax cuz of this guy. *lol. *Yes this book is an interesting/entertaining read. *He claims that he uses all facts etc etc. *This is somewhat true but he skews the facts to his favor. *

I believe he mentions a council that held a vote to determine if jesus was man or god. *Dan Brown said that the vote was close. *In fact it was 300 to 2. *

He mentions that the world would be feminist if the church didnt prosecute against women. *He mentioned that the church killed 5 million women in the witch hunt. *5 million women. Wow. *Assuming you kill 20 witches a day. (thats a lot because they didnt just go around shooting them). *365 days a year means 7300 witches a year. *5million/7300means 684 years. *So thats about 7 centuries of pure witch/women killing...sure man.

He talks about the picture of the last supper with the person next to jesus being mary madaglene. *Jesus had 12 disciples. *The picture had 13 people in it. *Why on earth would the picture of the last supper have 11 diciples, jesus and then mary madaglene. *lol
    this are the kind of arguments that interest m from the book. Havent seen the movie yet but i`ve heard that it doesnt shows up the interesting part.

I dislike that dan brown thinks he`s telling the whole truth and nothing but the thruth. His "findings" have caused lots of doubts on christian religion, that disregards the real meaning of Jesus actions, just because this guy says its all a church`s wa of changing history...

about the witch hunt... tbh 20 witches a day aint much... actually is rather low, cuz he aint talking about 1 town, or 1 country, but in the whole world, or at least where the church was present, wich is a big fat part. But from a different poit of view, 5 millions is a LOT considering that the global poblation (not counting asians) was rather low due to diseases. This may have changed with the discovery of antibiotics and such, but not till latest centurys... Personally dont remember that part of the book but interesting anyway :P

in the book they say that the olimpics 5 ring symbol was in secreat a tribute to the female goddess.. when in fact, at the begining of the olympics, they planned to add one ring per olympic, but they stucked on 5...

The last supper is one of the most obvios and "important" proves. I googled this after reading the book, and found that DaVinci`s model to draw the apostol, wich in the book says is Maria Magdalen, was actually an androgynous, a person that has both male and female face features, for eich is hard to determine sex by looking at his face. Not 100% sure about this one...

in conclusion, the book says a lot of "facts", from wich a lot are just plain BS and theories...

Gotta see movie tho

Originally posted by Phosgene+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phosgene)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-MaJeste
    book is great *

didnt see movie yet *<_<
    +1[/b]
    movie wasnt bad but kinda ghey if u read the book cuz it was all too fast.

books on tape own all (i listen to em while/b4 im sleeping and junk)

Vertig0

The book was awesome, Havent seen the movie yet either soooo but theres also something along the lines of the D' code called the Apocolypse Code its all about the end of the world but good reading just the same.

kopanos

I doubt Dan Brown really believes most of the things he says. He wouldn't make them into a novel he would historically search them. It is a good but poor marketing trick as far as i am concerned.

The fact behind the book is that the Church has writen down history the way they liked it best and since there weren't many literal people to bring in another view of the facts behind Jesus nothing is impossible. They could very well be true, actually i would expect something in these line to be much more possible than the actual way the story went.

As for feminine church, don't forget that the first church had a lot to do with following the Jewish beliefs and i don;t think there are many women in the jewish church. The Roman and Greek influence in the later phases of Christianity didn't have anything to improve since women didn't have any power outside their homes in Greece or Rome either. The church was formed after the social and racial beliefs of that age and although Jesus may have preached that everyone is equal the Church has certainly not obeyed to that through the centuries.

Book always owns movie cuz more is left to ur imagination imo :rollseyes:

Movie always owns books cuz of the tons of $ cashed through cinemas/paytv/renatls

-> I've read the DaVinci Code book (great) and not watched the movie yet. Since i live in Italy I also visited the "ultima cena" paint of DaVinci after reading the book, and u notice that the details described in the book are real...quite impressive no one talked about them b4 h43r:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast