Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doing a 10 page essay fo class...

This is a discussion on Doing a 10 page essay fo class... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; oke so i gotta a 10 page essay on anything i want. i chose Why Religion is bad for humanity. ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

oke so i gotta a 10 page essay on anything i want. i chose

Why Religion is bad for humanity.

but now im stumped..

I know that in past and present and most likely the future religion was the cause of many wars. but i wanna add more things, any ideas?

So

One reason religion is bad for humanity is

1. War
    2.?
    3.?
    4.?
    5?
    6?

P.s.

this aint a topic aboutr ur relgious preference or whic religion is right or wrong.

this is simply a topic to TRY to answer the question of WHY RELIGION IS BAD FOR HUMANITY.

if ur stumped and u can choose anything you want... then choose something else :S
    also, a good essay is an essay that has a specific topic. this is TOO general.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

if ur stumped and u can choose anything you want... then choose something else :S
    also, a good essay is an essay that has a specific topic. this is TOO general.[/b]
    a specific topic is good for a short eassy... 10 pages is medium, so it should require a bit of a general topic

atm i'm writing a 2 page essay on why free trade is bad (geography as my elective), but this is a little one, I have yet to write a 20 page essay due in a month (and i'm a biomed major, don't come across essays often )

English has never been my subject, and I took geography as my elective (meaning an extra course) so I don't care whether I write essays amazing or not. So if you ever think of changing your topic, you can use mine ... here is my rough work so far.

People these days are largely manipulated by the propaganda and the false media presented in our daily lives, but we also know that this is only to keep us from knowing the worst-case scenarios about those specific situations that are at discussions. Free trade sounds appealing when being said, but it’s not so pleasant knowing why it is so bad. It includes corruption of certain groups, the disparities of wealth, putting poor nations into debt bondages and causing instability.

One of the biggest negative effects of free trade is the disparities of wealth and the partial cause of it, corruption. As the amount of free trading increases, the power and efficiency of the most powerful manufacturers grows even further. This is why small countries that try to profit from this, cannot do so, only due to the fact that they don’t have great efficiency, therefore not being able to compete. Ever since free trading began, the poor countries became more miserable then they were in the past. The rich countries buy up finished goods made by the poor countries, while the poor countries buy consumables in exchange. By this process of trading, it clearly depicts that the rich countries are controlling the poor countries. Hence the rich become richer and the poor become poorer. Every business, such as free trading, includes people who are willing to cheat their way into wealthiness, otherwise known as corruption. So not only do the big producers get richer through free trade, but they also have specific groups and people that get even wealthier by pulling a few strings in the administration of the company and getting a bigger percentage of an overall income.

The rich countries usually loan immense amounts of money to the poor countries in order to assist the poor countries in the import of goods and services from the rich countries under free trade. When these loans that the poor countries received, cannot be paid off, the poor country enters a state of debt bondage, which is a form of slavery. Likewise, when the people involved in the process of the free trade, the poor villagers, have an unpayable debt that they pass on from generation to generation, this is also called debt bondage, which as we’ve seen before in history, is slavery. Therefore free trade only leads the poor countries to lose their freedom, wealth and honor, as they become slaves and humiliate themselves in front of the other nations.

Through free trade, countries become tightly bonded, economically wise, which results in an overall instability at some point in time. If the whole world is interconnected through free trade and operates as a single economy, the whole world economy will either sink or swim. When the world trade decreases significantly, all of the countries that were dependent upon the trade will be severely hit, as they no longer will have the money to be taking imports of the resources they need, and as well as not having a national industry to produce them. Therefore this guarantees that the next global downturn will be very huge causing a vast amount of unemployed workers, and when this happens, rest assured, it will take the nations years to stabilize.

Knowing the negative outcomes of free trade, will show people that those appealing words “free trade” aren’t so appealing knowing that they can cause corruption, the disparities of wealth, putting poor nations into debt bondages and causing instability.

a specific topic is good for a short eassy... 10 pages is medium, so it should require a bit of a general topic

atm i'm writing a 2 page essay on why free trade is bad (geography as my elective), but this is a little one, I have yet to write a 20 page essay due in a month (and i'm a biomed major, don't come across essays often )

English has never been my subject, and I took geography as my elective (meaning an extra course) so I don't care whether I write essays amazing or not. So if you ever think of changing your topic, you can use mine ... here is my rough work so far.
    People these days are largely manipulated by the propaganda and the false media presented in our daily lives, but we also know that this is only to keep us from knowing the worst-case scenarios about those specific situations that are at discussions. Free trade sounds appealing when being said, but it’s not so pleasant knowing why it is so bad. It includes corruption of certain groups, the disparities of wealth, putting poor nations into debt bondages and causing instability.

One of the biggest negative effects of free trade is the disparities of wealth and the partial cause of it, corruption. As the amount of free trading increases, the power and efficiency of the most powerful manufacturers grows even further. This is why small countries that try to profit from this, cannot do so, only due to the fact that they don’t have great efficiency, therefore not being able to compete. Ever since free trading began, the poor countries became more miserable then they were in the past. The rich countries buy up finished goods made by the poor countries, while the poor countries buy consumables in exchange. By this process of trading, it clearly depicts that the rich countries are controlling the poor countries. Hence the rich become richer and the poor become poorer. Every business, such as free trading, includes people who are willing to cheat their way into wealthiness, otherwise known as corruption. So not only do the big producers get richer through free trade, but they also have specific groups and people that get even wealthier by pulling a few strings in the administration of the company and getting a bigger percentage of an overall income.

The rich countries usually loan immense amounts of money to the poor countries in order to assist the poor countries in the import of goods and services from the rich countries under free trade. When these loans that the poor countries received, cannot be paid off, the poor country enters a state of debt bondage, which is a form of slavery. Likewise, when the people involved in the process of the free trade, the poor villagers, have an unpayable debt that they pass on from generation to generation, this is also called debt bondage, which as we’ve seen before in history, is slavery. Therefore free trade only leads the poor countries to lose their freedom, wealth and honor, as they become slaves and humiliate themselves in front of the other nations.

Through free trade, countries become tightly bonded, economically wise, which results in an overall instability at some point in time. If the whole world is interconnected through free trade and operates as a single economy, the whole world economy will either sink or swim. When the world trade decreases significantly, all of the countries that were dependent upon the trade will be severely hit, as they no longer will have the money to be taking imports of the resources they need, and as well as not having a national industry to produce them. Therefore this guarantees that the next global downturn will be very huge causing a vast amount of unemployed workers, and when this happens, rest assured, it will take the nations years to stabilize.

Knowing the negative outcomes of free trade, will show people that those appealing words “free trade” aren’t so appealing knowing that they can cause corruption, the disparities of wealth, putting poor nations into debt bondages and causing instability.[/b]
    there are hundreds of BOOKS written about his topic

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Knowing the negative outcomes of free trade, will show people that those appealing words “free trade” aren’t so appealing knowing that they can cause corruption, the disparities of wealth, putting poor nations into debt bondages and causing instability.[/b]
    OFF TOPIC: haha unbeatable, everytime i read your posts makes me feel stupid
    so i just wanted to say ur a smart fucker! haha like more then half of those words Ive never used in my Vocab

Anyway is it possible for you just to choose a better Subject?

im know im gonna get flamed for this but, muslims and suicide bombings, killing hundreds of innocent people
    (not saying every muslim is a terrorist ofcourse, but most of the suicide bomibings are for their religion)

i personally would never die for my religion, neither would anyone i know since all it is is beliefs no real facts, no proof that there is a god, no one has seen him/her but billions of people believe

im know im gonna get flamed for this but, muslims and suicide bombings, killing hundreds of innocent people
    (not saying every muslim is a terrorist ofcourse, but most of the suicide bomibings are for their religion)

i personally would never die for my religion, neither would anyone i know since all it is is beliefs no real facts, no proof that there is a god, no one has seen him/her but billions of people believe[/b]

ignoring the muslim part wat do u think that falls into?

War or sometype of brainwashing?

also could religion be holding back human advancement?

ignoring the muslim part wat do u think that falls into?

War or sometype of brainwashing?

also could religion be holding back human advancement?[/b]
    Religions are holding human advancement back for sure. Believing to paranoid people that lived 2000 years before me, makes me feel sick. All these old traditions are the reason why we are not flying in UFO's.

sexyrexy

you could go into the greek and roman gods, and how they were created in order to explain the unexplainable at the time. From there you could link the god of war to your religion is source of wars.

[codebox]Why Religion is Bad for Humanity
    Outline
    Thesis: Over 86% of the world’s population is in some way religious. Religion in
    the majority is supposed to be about loving thy neighbor, not stealing
    and promoting peaceful things. Yet if such large part of the world is
    religious how come the majority of the world is full of violence? Could it
    be the religion is in fact a “wolf in sheep’s clothing?”
    I. Religion has been the cause of war for centuries.
    A. The Crusades
    B. The “War on Terror” today
    C. The Thirty Year War
    D. The massacre of Indian Independence

II. Religion is responsible for persecution, abuse, and even murder
    A. The Salem Witch Trials
    B. WestBoro Baptist Church
    C. Slavery

III. Religion is responsible for suppression of science
    A. Stem Cell Research
    B.

IV. Religion teaches faith

V. The world would be better off without religion

[/codebox]

ignore the thesis its utter shit. i need to fix it.

now i jut need to sup topics on

Faith is a subtopic because ima point out how blind faith can lead to such catastrphes as mass suicides suicide bombings murder.

ty in advance

Boyce

terrorism, wars, racism, killings, brainwashing, ignorance, bad beliefs etc
    Im sure 000000 will help you lots if he sees this topic

Well idk if ya know abt Cults...they are kinda of a religion but usually they would have a leader, and some of them are fundamentalist....idk where there was one of these cults which actually did lots of terrorist attacks on various places...so religions can give power to ppl (usually mad ones) through faith :S

Well religion was one of the things that most hinder some scientific advancements and scientific theories...like Galileo and his theory that we rotate around the sun not vice versa...

Ofc der is lots of good things that religion has done society wise but thats an off topic

Hope it helps just things that came to my mind

Edit: I've heard stories of circa. 50 years ago that ppl used to pray to the holy spirit to have a baby! Sad but true they didnt even know what to do once they got married...Imagine the shock they had when they told them lmao..so ye it leads to some ignorance and superstition too

Xtr3m3

You should turn your topic argumentative/philosophical. By this I mean could you turn it into what's the nature of the belief in some type of religion and how this might blind humanity to the real truth.

This might help

Is Religion Simply A Security Blanket? INTELLIGENT Discussion With NO FLAMING

There lots of points of view of people which makes it extremely interesting.

PriestOfShadows

Effects of religion on the goverment. The seperation of church and state was never fully completed. Such as religions, ie churches, funding propositions, bills, or election officials.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Promotes Stereotyping could be another reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast