View Poll Results: Dream Theater or Tool?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dream Theater

17 50.00%
  • Tool

9 26.47%
  • I suck at music and know neither

8 23.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dream Theater Or Tool

This is a discussion on Dream Theater Or Tool within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; This is just not a popularity contest, this is based on technicality, musical talent, musical uniqueness, based on individual talent, ...
Page: 1

evensonD

This is just not a popularity contest, this is based on technicality, musical talent, musical uniqueness, based on individual talent, as well as the band sound as a whole. If you do not know alot about music I'd appreciate it if you tried not to skew the results, thanks.

Dream Theater : The Dark Eternal Night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q

Dream Theater : The Glass Prison
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7o8mEbgBCc

Dream Theater : As I Am
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJoB5B_5XSU

Tool : Vicarious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA

Tool : Lateralus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4

Thanks

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

fucker stole my topic

Cocaine

I chose Tool because of the overall talent, uniqueness, and how deep their music is. You can only really appreciate Tool the way they should be if you know the underlying meanings. They focus on making fans listen to all of the instruments together, not just a guitarist or drummer. Their lead singer even sometimes stands in the background of the stage facing the back because he doesent want people to see hima as a figurehead for the band, he wants you to just see him as another instrumentalist.

Speed

LOL every member of dream theather is 100% talented musician , why would u chose Tool over Dream theather because of the talent? and as far as someone not wanting to be the face of the band ... did you know that in DM every member gets his lightspot and does some crazy solos and stuff?... DM all the way has my vote

the_man_slayer

neva heard of that emo stuff xD

Banned

emo? wtf is wrong with u o_O

to the topic:

DreamTheater all the way they are really talented, the drummer is really amazing, and if you want an example of his skills you should listen to their song called 'Home' he's really steping up in that song

rostoen1990

Dream Theater FTW ;D

pitz

emo? wtf is wrong with u o_O

to the topic:

DreamTheater all the way they are really talented, the drummer is really amazing, and if you want an example of his skills you should listen to their song called 'Home' he's really steping up in that song[/b]

hmm, not only Portnoy.
    every one of em is amazing.

dream all the way for me (havn't heard the new album yet ).

hej

They try but fail.

dt's 2003 album was great.. I picked dream theatre but tool is good also. Tool lost their creativeness after they broke up though, I almost prefered a perfect circle.

It is almost impossible to match mayards vocals though, pretty amazing stuff.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

dreamtheater obviously. tool is just a wreck.

Phosgene

dream theater has a dream team . portnoy , patrucci and friends makes it better

Cocaine

LOL every member of dream theather is 100% talented musician , why would u chose Tool over Dream theather because of the talent? and as far as someone not wanting to be the face of the band ... did you know that in DM every member gets his lightspot and does some crazy solos and stuff?... DM all the way has my vote[/b]

First of all, who the hell is DM?

So what your telling me is every member of DT is talented, but every member of Tool isn't? Why? Because their guitarist doesent focus on playing finger-tapping solos? Like I said earlier, they dont try to make their music outrageously fast, they put feeling into it. Comparing the guitar solos would be like comparing David Gilmour(Pink Floyd) and Alex Laiho(Children of Bodom). It just doesent make sense.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Dream Theater fool!

nosneve

Cocaine is starting to get mad :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast