Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is at fault?

This is a discussion on Who is at fault? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crashc.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crash2.jpg http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crash3.jpg http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crash4.jpg http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crash5.jpg Who would you say is at fault, and why? (The Left car is Car "A." ...
Page: 1

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

The 3rd link shows car A on the wrong side of the lane, so its his fault. It wad on the correct lane in link #2, why did he switch to the opposite side while staring at another car making a left turn into that lane? /drunk

Speed

hmm but car A could have been too near car B this would cause car A to go to the opposite lane to avoid car B but car B is dumb and kept going and caused the crash!

it could be B too lol

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

It's A's fault. 2 yellow lines: Can't change lane. He should have waited till car B finished it's turn to keep going.

Speed

still , car A was going way too fast to stop and let car B pass , also remember the double lines apply to car B too so he shouldnt take a left turn either

my guess is that car B was a bit too outside and thats why car A went to the other side, but car B didnt stop and they met halfway and crashed.

Well, the speed and distance should have been set properly so that Car A would have enough time to stop. If car A didn't have enough time to stop either:

1. He was speeding, Car A's fault
    2. The speed set for that section of road was wrong, not sure who's fault that is, whoever set the road speed?

If Car A was going at an appropriate speed and could have stopped, but trying to switch lanes and get past car B, then it's car As fault; he shoulda waited.

Most likely car A's fault though. Only way it's not is if the speed for that segment of road was set wrong which I highly doubt. (Could do some calculation, but it's in US units and I'm too lazy to convert to meters and kilometers :P)

zabjaka

I DOONNOU SORRY

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Why car b doesnt move when he gets to the middle of the road?

Car a. Double lines

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i have a few questions:
    1) what country is this based in...eg: what side of the road u drive on in these diagrams? drive on the right side of the road like in US or left like in UK?
    2) did the car really park in teh center of the road or are these pictures just retarded?
    3) are u the one driving the car?

now my answers based on assumptions to those questions....

if 1=US, i blame truck...why the fuck did it go on the opposite side of the road!? was it TRYING to hit the car? rofl
    if 1=UK, i blame car, why was it turning to the wrong side of the road? LOL

if 2=yes it parked, i blame the car...its an idiot
    if 2=no, i blame the truck still

if 3=yes, i blame u regardless of answers 1 or 2
    if 3=no, i still blame u regardless of answers 1 or 2

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

i have a few questions:
    1) what country is this based in...eg: what side of the road u drive on in these diagrams? drive on the right side of the road like in US or left like in UK?
    2) did the car really park in teh center of the road or are these pictures just retarded?
    3) are u the one driving the car?
    now my answers based on assumptions to those questions....

if 1=US, i blame truck...why the fuck did it go on the opposite side of the road!? was it TRYING to hit the car? rofl
    if 1=UK, i blame car, why was it turning to the wrong side of the road? LOL

if 2=yes it parked, i blame the car...its an idiot
    if 2=no, i blame the truck still

if 3=yes, i blame u regardless of answers 1 or 2
    if 3=no, i still blame u regardless of answers 1 or 2
    [/b]

hahaha, I agree with cama, needa know all the little details before can decide who is really at fault :x

Omniscient

Well, I'd have to say it's car B's fault. From the diagram it looks like either
    1.car B pulled out without looking and car A was swerving left to avoid him, or...
    2.car B was banging car A's girlfriend, so car A intentionally swerved to hit him.
    although I guess 2 would kinda be car B's fault too.

car A not necessarily swerving could it have been turning onto a side street if so as long as he used his signal car B is at fault right ?

Bowtie4Life

Id say it was Car B's fault. Either he didn't look to see if anyone was coming, pulled out to turn left, and car A swerved left to try and miss him, but ended up hitting him instead. Or Car B took way too long to finish turning left, stopped in the middle of the road, Car A sees car B, tries to pass him on the left side (only god knows why) then hits him. I think either way its B's fault because he causes the accident, but it could go either way with the 2nd scenario (why would the stupid ass swerve into the opposite lane to try and prevent an accident?)

Uzu

which one were u driving psy? :P

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

car A not necessarily swerving could it have been turning onto a side street if so as long as he used his signal car B is at fault right ?[/b]
    no because if the car was already in the middle of turning, the truck would have to slow, wait, then go once the car is no longer in the way...u dont just plow down whoevers in ur way LOL even if u have the right of way if someones already in the road u HAVE to stop and wait

its the trucks fault either way i see it....and by i see it i mean im ignoring the fact that the car sits in the middle of the road due to bad diagraming due to diagrams not giving proper speeds and time of the images

so heres how i see it happening

car looks both ways, sees no cars, pulls slowly out to go left
    truck comes speeding around the corner not paying attention
    car continues pulling out and turning, seeing the truck but thinking the truck will just go BEHIND him like a sane person or slow down at the very least
    truck looks up sees car right in front of him panics and plows into the car like a idiot

another possibility i just thought of:
    the car breaks down in the middle of the road....still trucks fault though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast