Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

courthouse/banroom

This is a discussion on courthouse/banroom within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Oh because obviously a courtroom for banned users is going to massively increase our community and stimulate gamers to visit ...
Page: 3

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Oh because obviously a courtroom for banned users is going to massively increase our community and stimulate gamers to visit this forum... And razor, that is exactly why it'd become a flame war. Douchebags who have no place on this forum will be let loose lol.
    KrepiN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Let's face it. The community is dying and unless something is changed, it will cease to exist. If we change the rules so that only scammers or out of control flamers/spammers are permanently banned, we can have this courtroom. It would be cut and dry; if you scammed go away, if you were banned for some other reason, we'll hear you out.
    I sort of, kinda, somehow agree with you.

In some way.

​I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Oh because obviously a courtroom for banned users is going to massively increase our community and stimulate gamers to visit this forum... And razor, that is exactly why it'd become a flame war. Douchebags who have no place on this forum will be let loose lol.
    Well, we've got to start somewhere.

Little archer Senior Member

it would be from now on obviously. the people that have already been banned would remain banned (save some exceptions maybe)

there would be no flame wars, we're talking about people appealing their bans, having a civil discussion and then getting either unbanned or definitively banned.

if they break the rules in their very unban petition... then they lose the right to appeal it and immediately get banned even from that section.

Never said we didn't. I just didn't think the courtroom would be the best idea. Am I not allowed to think that? Or am I abusing my powers somehow and contributing to the demise of this forum along with my inability to do my job? I'm fed up of repeating the same things over and over again. You guys love arguing just for the sake of it, and won't take anyone else's opinion to mind. It's your way or the highway, apparently. Because you guys must be so much more intellectual then the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    it would be from now on obviously. the people that have already been banned would remain banned (save some exceptions maybe)

there would be no flame wars, we're talking about people appealing their bans, having a civil discussion and then getting either unbanned or definitively banned.

if they break the rules in their very unban petition... then they lose the right to appeal it and immediately get banned even from that section.
    I understand what it is for and on paper it all sounds well and dandy but I am telling you from my experience that that is not how it would work. Secondly it's not difficult to implement and not difficult to mod so if I or the admins thought it useful why wouldn't we do it? Because we must be power hungry abusers, of course. If it were to work like that then it'd be a great idea, but it wouldn't. Thirdly, the total list of users banned from the first day of this forum is actually quite small. We hardly make full permanent bans unless there is evidence prior to this for scamming. Anyone else hardly receives a permanent ban. So why bother doing all this for one or two people who have a legitimate case to appeal a ban each month? I honestly don't think what I am saying is unreasonable. I'm not being a pain in the ass; if I really thought it was a good idea I would be all for it.

I understand what it is for and on paper it all sounds well and dandy but I am telling you from my experience that that is not how it would work. Secondly it's not difficult to implement and not difficult to mod so if I or the admins thought it useful why wouldn't we do it? Because we must be power hungry abusers, of course. If it were to work like that then it'd be a great idea, but it wouldn't. Thirdly, the total list of users banned from the first day of this forum is actually quite small. We hardly make full permanent bans unless there is evidence prior to this for scamming. Anyone else hardly receives a permanent ban. So why bother doing all this for one or two people who have a legitimate case to appeal a ban each month? I honestly don't think what I am saying is unreasonable. I'm not being a pain in the ass; if I really thought it was a good idea I would be all for it.
    So much hostility because you think the notion of a courtroom is some sort of dig at moderators, jesus, and power abuse? Where is this irrelevancy coming from? At least between your personal rants and irrelevant babble some legitimate points came up.

That's why I said this would work more on a forum that gives out time frame bans instead of infractions/permanent bans, because then you wouldn't get those type of problems, but as this forum doesn't and it's severly inactive, maybe it would be an exercise in futility. Say your piece on the subject and move, this topic has become too skewed for my liking, this whole "us against the word" attitude gets boring.

You can lock the topic. The suggestion has been made and some points both for and against it have been risen. The only person who actually has any say on it seems to be against it, and if there is any change in that, he can simply post here. So lock away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123