Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Wanting to share (mage/CWest)

This is a discussion on Wanting to share (mage/CWest) within the Recruitment and In-game requests forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe Your logic however above that point fails. Didn`t I just clearly say I could easily ask ...
Page: 4

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Your logic however above that point fails. Didn`t I just clearly say I could easily ask a mod to prevent.........

more extensive rambling.......

By my flawed logic, it apparently was not safe to assume to know the exact role of a moderator? yeah, im fully aware, thanks.

I love how you immediately try dragging me into mindless KO combatives-bickering. I can safely say I have never heard of you in KO, I just thought you trolled the forums on an hourly basis because you have no real friends

As much as I'd love to go back and forth in studying your gaming experiences and reading your epic stories, I have other things to do with my life, 'doc'.

You're definately a 'winner', idk what they do in Canada, but we have 'special' schools for winners like you.

Banned Senior Member

Just to clear one thing , I don't think Nik sucks as a mage. to be honest , I think he's better than average and he's doing quite well without ventrilo. he's by no means a legend or one of the best mages I've seen , but if you want a good mage on your account , take him.
    All I said in previous posts refers to his forum behaviour mostly , not his skill , so it shouldn't change your aspect on taking him to be your sharer.
    And yes , he's well known mostly thanks to his mouth.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

lol

10chars

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Just to clear one thing , I don't think Nik sucks as a mage. to be honest , I think he's better than average and he's doing quite well without ventrilo. he's by no means a legend or one of the best mages I've seen , but if you want a good mage on your account , take him.
    All I said in previous posts refers to his forum behaviour mostly , not his skill , so it shouldn't change your aspect on taking him to be your sharer.
    And yes , he's well known mostly thanks to his mouth.
    Now this post I really like. I actually take all these things as compliments, even the mouthing off part .

However I do have to ask, since you mentioned `not one of the best`... I mean it`s cool everyone has their own opinions, but I really do have to ask for some reasoning, and by that I mean which ones have you seen that are better? ... I might be narrow minded within this specific discussion, but I have never though of any other mage is better then me (skill wise) except for Chloe, who was a mage in Xydonis MYKO, who I`ve looked up to from the beginning of KO times and was honestly the best mage I`ve seen, and she was a girl too. Even the so called `legend mages`... really the ones that were the first one to make a video for the mage class such as Genocide and Urbester, I don`t think are better... 1) A pk video as I said shows nothing, as you can fraps for weeks, have 1000 footages and take 10 of the best ones and make urself look amazing 2) the stuff that`s in their video... well, been there done that a million times. Anyways, I`m just interested in some names... I tend to be very critical when evaluating other mages, I mean after all I played the class for 7 years, but it still does not mean I say they`re all shit. I`ve met some really good mages in my 7 years of KO, but I`d still have to say meh, I only count Chloe as the best one, and one to openly admit that was better for me... now if only she made some PK videos, she would have been a legend, ... either way in my eyes, she is.

^^ To keep the discussion going :P

Banned Senior Member

excessive rambling......

but I`d still have to say meh, I only count Chloe as the best one, and one to openly admit that was better for me... now if only she made some PK videos, she would have been a legend, ... either way in my eyes, she is.
    Lmao, awww that's so sweet. You has a KO crush <3

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    Lmao, awww that's so sweet. You has a KO crush <3
    Right, because calling Mike Delicious the best warrior I`ve seen... vhf the best rouge I`ve ever seen, Chloe the best mage I`ve ever seen... I have had crushes on 1 girl and 2 guys.... over the Internet.... LOL... nice thinking

Right, because calling Mike Delicious the best warrior I`ve seen... vhf the best rouge I`ve ever seen, Chloe the best mage I`ve ever seen... I have had crushes on 1 girl and 2 guys.... over the Internet.... LOL... nice thinking
    duhh, and to think these are the people serving our country lol

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    LOL!

/10chars

Yea so when u gonna find a mage cuz i need my support mage back ^^^ Also we ripping c-west and i really think u will enjoy it but this time u gotta stay in vent cuz i love hearing ur sexy voice ... Thing is w.e mage u find is coming to vicarious or find a vicarious mage. Enough said hurry ur ass up and get involved again u took a long ass break

People just love me that much .

So you`re telling me you went through all that? If yeah, then I must say I`m impressed, and congratz.

I do have to however point out that your 1 or 2% is not much compared to 10%. With some logic you can work out that the 1 or 2% of the 10 or so million people (I assume) is much less competitive then 5% of 400 million people. Think about it, it`s always much harder to be a part of a sample that has a huge number then be part of one that has a small number. Certainty is the issue here. Your certainty is more assured then the certainty we have here.

No it's not harder to be part of a sample that has a huge number compared to a small number if the percentages are HIGHER for the bigger sample. It would be harder if the percentages were equal or lower....

A percentage is the same, if it has 100 million people or 1 million people, it is always x/out of 100 * the times that there are 100 people.

Being in the top 5% of a sample with 1 000 000 applicants = Being in the top 50 000.
    Being in the top 5% of a sample with only 500 000 applicants = being in the top 25 000.
    Being in the top 2% of a sample with only 500 000 applicants = being in the top = only 10 000 people get in.
    Being in the top 2% of a sample with 1 million applicants = being in the top 20 000....

You get the point?

If you think about it, it is always harder to be part of a LOWER percentage than a higher percentage, number of applicants has no influence. That's the reason why people express figures in percentages.
    It would be harder if they would only allow in like a fixed number, and the numbers are the same for both countries.
    It would be harder to be part of the top 25 000 out of a 1 million population compared to the top 25 000 people out of a 500 000 population, when you calculate percentages they would be different as well. The 25 000 / 1 million percentage will definatly be lower.

Next to the simple math:

U telling me that 400 million people try to get into the canadian med school when there are only 33 million canadians? And no idea why you'd look to the population of a country and not to the number of applicants, as not everyone has medical ambitions, no?
    I have no clue on how many foreign students try to get in the canadian med school but 1/15th of the total world population sounds very unrealistic.

Taking some simple figures into consideration and the percentages, it is harder to get in Israelian med school than in canadian med school WHEN both schools require the same intellectual levels and all applicants are about even smart. (if 95% of the applicants is retarded in israel, and only 5% is retarded in canada the percentages mean nothing)

on topic: cannot tell anything about his skill. Never seen him play, only talk. Calling yourself a legend doesn't make you a legend. And the only way people would consider you a legend would be of what you are on ko4life (annoying discriminating cocky pre-med serbian-canadian) and not of what you accomplished in game. Haven't seen people tell romanticized tales of your skill yet, stories of how annoying you are on ko4life, are frequently told when your name comes up so yea... you're somewhat of a legend, but not the kind of legend that most people want on their accounts, imo.

hurray for crappy english, I know.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 06-11-2011 at 11:16 AM.

itunes1

God what a braggers here on some pixels, just pathetic lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    Yup you can only imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by funkz View Post
    Yea so when u gonna find a mage cuz i need my support mage back ^^^ Also we ripping c-west and i really think u will enjoy it but this time u gotta stay in vent cuz i love hearing ur sexy voice ... Thing is w.e mage u find is coming to vicarious or find a vicarious mage. Enough said hurry ur ass up and get involved again u took a long ass break
    Idk yet, as I said I got offered Mrsbigboobs, but I still have to talk to the guy... also blacki told me he had a few mages in ur clan that need sharers, some guy with dual +3s imirs and + 8 choatic, so that should be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    No it's not harder to be part of a sample that has a huge number compared to a small number if the percentages are HIGHER for the bigger sample. It would be harder if the percentages were equal or lower....

A percentage is the same, if it has 100 million people or 1 million people, it is always x/out of 100 * the times that there are 100 people.

Being in the top 5% of a sample with 1 000 000 applicants = Being in the top 50 000.
    Being in the top 5% of a sample with only 500 000 applicants = being in the top 25 000.
    Being in the top 2% of a sample with only 500 000 applicants = being in the top = only 10 000 people get in.
    Being in the top 2% of a sample with 1 million applicants = being in the top 20 000....

You get the point?

If you think about it, it is always harder to be part of a LOWER percentage than a higher percentage, number of applicants has no influence. That's the reason why people express figures in percentages.
    It would be harder if they would only allow in like a fixed number, and the numbers are the same for both countries.
    It would be harder to be part of the top 25 000 out of a 1 million population compared to the top 25 000 people out of a 500 000 population, when you calculate percentages they would be different as well. The 25 000 / 1 million percentage will definatly be lower.

Next to the simple math:

U telling me that 400 million people try to get into the canadian med school when there are only 33 million canadians? And no idea why you'd look to the population of a country and not to the number of applicants, as not everyone has medical ambitions, no?
    I have no clue on how many foreign students try to get in the canadian med school but 1/15th of the total world population sounds very unrealistic.

Taking some simple figures into consideration and the percentages, it is harder to get in Israelian med school than in canadian med school WHEN both schools require the same intellectual levels and all applicants are about even smart. (if 95% of the applicants is retarded in israel, and only 5% is retarded in canada the percentages mean nothing)

on topic: cannot tell anything about his skill. Never seen him play, only talk. Calling yourself a legend doesn't make you a legend. And the only way people would consider you a legend would be of what you are on ko4life (annoying discriminating cocky pre-med serbian-canadian) and not of what you accomplished in game. Haven't seen people tell romanticized tales of your skill yet, stories of how annoying you are on ko4life, are frequently told when your name comes up so yea... you're somewhat of a legend, but not the kind of legend that most people want on their accounts, imo.

hurray for crappy english, I know.
    You obviously haven`t taken a statistics course in university. Believe it or not, the sample size matters. Not going to even bother explaining,... I know for a fact that it`s harder... just alone the fact that other students go off to europe and other places to study medicine because they didn`t get accepted in the NA, should tell you something.

The population is not just of Canada, it`s of USA included. Whatever we have to compete for, well specifically for med schools here, we have to compete with the USA students as well, thus why I said the population was 400mil or however exactly the total population is.

Another thing. You never get an exact number of applicants and the number of people that got accepted for all med schools around. But I would call it a good representation to gather their whole population and compare. Again, something you learn in a statistics course.

You`re just like all the typical other people. You create you`re judgement upon my behaviour on these forums and then automatically conclude what kind of player I am. As you said yourself, you haven`t seen me play a mage... but feel free to ask your clannies that u always travel with from private server to private server... like akaMichaelWHAT... I think he will give you a good summary on how I play the class. I actually you insist you ask him, cause as I remember last, you 2 are really close friends, and well he has actually seen me play, unlike you.

And lol, you`d be surprised the kind of accounts I`ve played. I bet you 50$ right now, that on whichever mage I`m going to play now on Cwest, that if it already hasn`t been a known mage for its skills that it will be within a month.

Its actually extremely hard right now for anyone to stand out in cz, i know alot of mages that are exceptional at playin there class. Barely any of them get credit for it, because tbh it isnt THAT noticeable unless you played with them for a long time. Im interested to see what you will bring to the table.

You obviously haven`t taken a statistics course in university. Believe it or not, the sample size matters. Not going to even bother explaining,... I know for a fact that it`s harder... just alone the fact that other students go off to europe and other places to study medicine because they didn`t get accepted in the NA, should tell you something.
    Larger samples are better than smaller samples (all other things being equal) because larger samples tend to minimize the probability of errors, maximize the accuracy of population estimates, and increase the generalizability of the results.
    You’re right that sample size matters, but not in the case you described especially with figures this big, and I already explained why. There’s a huge difference between relative and absolute figures.
    I have a masters degree in economic sciences / tax law and I’m currently working as an internal audit, so had more than enough statistics courses and field experience in order to know what I’m talking about.

Or did you mean that only like 5% gets in (as in qualifies, and the percentage is variable and theres unlimited room) instead of the school only allowing 5% of the applicants (Fixed percentage, theres only room for 5%) in, in which case I misunderstood you, and you are right.

The population is not just of Canada, it`s of USA included. Whatever we have to compete for, well specifically for med schools here, we have to compete with the USA students as well, thus why I said the population was 400mil or however exactly the total population is.
    Another thing. You never get an exact number of applicants and the number of people that got accepted for all med schools around. But I would call it a good representation to gather their whole population and compare. Again, something you learn in a statistics course.
    A good representation would be to take a realistic percentage for both nations, not the whole nation. Why would you calculate the chances of you getting a cookie either in Canada or Israel out of the total population if only 2% in each country is actually trying to obtain it.

You`re just like all the typical other people. You create you`re judgement upon my behaviour on these forums and then automatically conclude what kind of player I am. As you said yourself, you haven`t seen me play a mage... but feel free to ask your clannies that u always travel with from private server to private server... like akaMichaelWHAT... I think he will give you a good summary on how I play the class. I actually you insist you ask him, cause as I remember last, you 2 are really close friends, and well he has actually seen me play, unlike you.

I created a judgement on your personality, based on how you act on the forums (personal objective observations). Only thing I mentioned about your skill was that I couldn’t judge it cause I haven’t seen you play, and concluded that I wouldn't want a person like that on my account (ignoring the skill-lvl), and I assumed people share this opinion.
    About mike, sure I ask him if you insist. But how does that help me, even if he calls you a good mage… doesn’t matter, I always make my own judgments, Unbiased. Kinda means that I'm nowhere typical to all the other people.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 06-11-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Simont I wont even bother posting the stuff from KI that u got mad at me about, cuz it'd be just lame.. Anyway simont ur calculations arent exactly accurate beacuse u forget the fact that as the group gets bigger also ur chances being the 95% that dont get in grows.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast