Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Raiding experience

This is a discussion on Raiding experience within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Baxxor fire mage doesnt go oom simply because fights dont take that long, and how hard is it to ask ...
Page: 3

:pic:

Baxxor fire mage doesnt go oom simply because fights dont take that long, and how hard is it to ask a paladin to put seal of wisdom up to help on mana regen or even have a SP in the group.
    EDIT: if u see WWS logs you will notice that on illidan fights the mages most of them are arcane a super consuming mana specc yet they don't go oom.[/b]
    speaking to manes is the same as speaking to the wall, ICE FTW ...

Baxxor

Fire mages consume alot more mana, you need wisdom to regen and mage armor to.
    if you dont got nice mana regen or any shadow priest/shaman in your group u drain to much mana and cant dps that much
    if you do kara u dont need that much mana regen cause you kill the bosses so fast, but SSC, Gruul and such you need the mana regen alot

:::Wendigo:::

lol, ofc it matters paddy
    If you got more mana, more regen u can do more dps.
    and if ur 61 frost, u cant possibly think your any good lol, if your 61 frost for pve you really need to start thinking
    Your seriously need to get more arcane and if you consider that your specc atm give u maximal dps you shouldn't be raiding
    i dont even think your in any good guild, since your not pve specced and you cant even do any good dps in raids...
    Ur max crit? like 2k?...[/b]
    Yeah... i sux... thx for the advices.
    But i really would love to make a gruuls or the eye run with u to see the true power.
    my max crit? no its 1.2k with frostbolt and trinket up. Max i got was 2k on curator's evocation.

Aqu

Arcane/Fire is the win.

Period.

Baxxor

Arcane/Fire is the win.

Period.[/b]
    Full Fire is better, more dps

Okey, fire is better but frost aint that far away
    If u nubs cant realise that ur not a mage or u dont even know what a mage is

i got an 11k shred crit on evocated curator it made my e-peen gigantic.

Baxxor

i got an 11k shred crit on evocated curator it made my e-peen gigantic.[/b]
    sos mate, got a 15k hit with frost bolt so mine is bigger than urs

how much frost spell dmg did you say you had again?

Baxxor

how much frost spell dmg did you say you had again?[/b]
    Trinket +a totem = 1200 something(normal spell dmg = 900-1000)
    and if i do ap on top of that i do 30% more dmg to so i can do even more dmg..

b1gshow

Fire mages consume alot more mana, you need wisdom to regen and mage armor to.
    if you dont got nice mana regen or any shadow priest/shaman in your group u drain to much mana and cant dps that much
    if you do kara u dont need that much mana regen cause you kill the bosses so fast, but SSC, Gruul and such you need the mana regen alot[/b]
    Both on hydross and morogrim mage get to do alot of aoe and not a single one of my guilds mage have gone oom while using molten armor and only with salv due to lack of palas on that raid, if u know how to do it right u will even switch your main weap with something with spirit to achieve higher mana regen during evocation.

Baxxor

Both on hydross and morogrim mage get to do alot of aoe and not a single one of my guilds mage have gone oom while using molten armor and only with salv due to lack of palas on that raid, if u know how to do it right u will even switch your main weap with something with spirit to achieve higher mana regen during evocation.[/b]
    and u think evocation is enough?
    Either they got shaman or some crazy mana regen dude in their party cause in aoe, every mage goes oom

b1gshow

and u think evocation is enough?
    Either they got shaman or some crazy mana regen dude in their party cause in aoe, every mage goes oom[/b]

It's called evocation mana pots and their own gems its more than enough if u time it well.

sos mate, got a 15k hit with frost bolt so mine is bigger than urs[/b]
    But i only got to dps once-my first kara, and it was a pug all the rest of the guild runs i had to be resto :'(
    (and was right after i hit 70 and completed the instances for kara keying, so not much good gear :/)

bloodyromancee

i have never in my raiding career run out of mana on a boss fight before mag as a deep fire mage. if your running out of mana its probably because you are too cheap to buy and use super mana potions. you pop em soon as you can recover the max amount.

if you are unable to use them or choose not to, you probably shouldnt be raiding.

Baxxor

i have never in my raiding career run out of mana on a boss fight before mag as a deep fire mage. if your running out of mana its probably because you are too cheap to buy and use super mana potions. you pop em soon as you can recover the max amount.

if you are unable to use them or choose not to, you probably shouldnt be raiding.[/b]
    Your mana ticks down fast if you dont got 50000 spirit, sure if you got a shadow priest or shaman with totems
    you gain some mana.
    but your pots wont make up your lost mana(either you spamm wand or something, since frostbolts takes some mana
    and you dont regen as much as you use even if you use the best pot + gem.

I Conjure all gems, and get alot of mana pots.
    I use em as fast as i can(when i got like 80% mana i use a gem, half cooldown gone = use pot)
    and use evocation when needed, but often you dont got time to use evocation cause they got intterupt effects
    Like, Cave In or shatter on gruul

Im probably better on raiding than u are

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast