Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wotlk reroll advice

This is a discussion on Wotlk reroll advice within the World Of Warcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; Ok, so im a 70 hunter at the moment. Gonna buy wotlk soon and start leveling now my college is ...
Page: 1

Boyce

Ok, so im a 70 hunter at the moment. Gonna buy wotlk soon and start leveling now my college is done.
    Im thinking about rerolling after seeing the amount of QQ threads on forums about hunters,and also the nerfs.
    So i would like some advice on which classes are good for Pve. Pve will be my main goal, but i do like to bg and a class that can pvp well, aswell would be good.
    Some classes that i dont want to reroll to/advised on are:
    pallys
    priests
    healers

Horde only by the way.

If you could give me some detailed advice, and not just like " warrior owns" that would be apreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT: A brief list of what most dmg meters look after a raid would be good too thanks.

hunters still can do really good dps.. idk why people are QQing. only hunters that do bad dps either have a terrible spec and/or a terrible rotation but then again those aren't hunters, they're huntards. but i did here about them getting nerfed... it shouldn't be TOO bad of a nerf. it'll probably be like the pally nerf. pallys got nerfed a bit but even after the nerf they still did some really good dps, only thing about them that rly got nerf is that they don't maintain full mana all the time.

in dps meters a good pally or rogue CAN outdps me but i'm usually on top... depending on the night and how my crits are and how the raid is setup. RW said Titan's grip warriors are best dps but i never did anything with a "good" one so idk.

hunters were never "that" good
    really doubt they r nerfing them, they r the same class like always, u can oown in bgs and get pretty good dps, its not like no class can stop them
    arcane mages on the other hand r just pure bs, big nerf bat coming soon
    dk's r being nerfed and buffed as well
    pallys are ok, they arent amazing like they use to be - u can still see them on top of bgs with a good healer behind em
    this is pvp wise, no clue wut they do via pve

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

1) Steady Shot – now only gains 10% of attack power as damage (down from 20%).
    2) Volley – reduced the damage by about 30% for all ranks. Note that AE damage from many classes is very high right now and we are looking at all of them. Volley in particular had reached the point where some hunters were using it to the exclusion of most other attacks.
    3) Readiness – no longer affects the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.
    4) Deterrence – has been completely overhauled. It now allows you to deflect 100% of incoming melee or spell damage for 5 seconds, but prevents you from attacking while active. You still must be facing the attacker to deflect the damage (this is a limitation we are trying and might end up removing). 60 sec cooldown.
    5) Kill Shot – cooldown reduced to 15 sec (from 35 sec).
    6) Kindrid Spirits – now only grants 3/6/9/12/15% pet damage.
    7) Serpent’s Swiftness – now only grants 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack speed to pet.
    8) All hunter pet abilities with a cooldown longer than 30 sec have been moved off the global cooldown.
    9) Growl— threat generation increased by 20% (same for Voidwalker Torment).
    10) Call of the Wild – now benefits only the hunter and his or her pet.
    11) Rake and Scorpid Poison – slightly nerfed to bring them into line with other pet abilities.
    12) Spirit Strike – reduced the period on the dot so it will work better with Longevity.
    Improved Tracking – now benefits damage to all included creature types as long as you are tracking one of them. You don’t have to swap around what you are tracking as much.
    13) Aspect of the Wild – now raid-wide.

really not THAT big of a nerf...basicly BM hunters pets wont do TONS of damage anymore and as for steady shot:
    We definitely don’t think it’s a good design to inflate a whole class in PvE if they are weak in PvP or vice versa. If hunters are weak in PvP, as many of the hunters suspect, then we want to handle that as a separate issue. A Steady Shot nerf for example, would have less impact on PvP than reducing dps across the board, and we would certainly be prepared to compensate hunters in other ways for PvP.[/b]
    so even if SS nerf completely fucks up hunter pvp, blizzard already said theyd be willing to compensate hunters some other way

<3 elitist jerks lol

as far as the pally pve is concerned i lvled mine with no problems, thanks to their cooldowns(bubble.loh.instant flash of light etc.) they are crazy easy to lvl. and with good rotation im using top DPS charts(in 5 mans not raids) in raids im still near top but never the top. (cant beat fury warriors right now lol)
    but i know ur not intrested in pally
    i would say mage is always a ton of fun, both PvP and PvE. they do great dps with right spec. but for pvp u would have to swap up spec to really do well.
    but u can port/conjure food, which saves a ton of time/gold in the long run of things.
    but thats just my little 2 cents.
    have fun with whatever you choose.

PaPaSmurF

Hunters do really good dps when properly played. My friend was able to crank almost 1k DPS while leveling his 66 hunter, without using volley, in mana tombs. He is beast master spec. Also, the same friend of mine has a 80 warrior that is prot for pve, and he normally out DPSs rogues in heroics and is in top 3 damage every time. ITS INSANE. His shield slams do like 4k crits or something lol.. But if I was you, and you didn&#39;t wanna play your hunter, I&#39;d roll a warrior. From what my friend tells me he does insane damage.

Btw what server do you play? I&#39;m thinkin of rolling a new class. Kinda disappointed in my rogues PVE.. :unsure:

Boyce

Hunters do really good dps when properly played. My friend was able to crank almost 1k DPS while leveling his 66 hunter, without using volley, in mana tombs. He is beast master spec. Also, the same friend of mine has a 80 warrior that is prot for pve, and he normally out DPSs rogues in heroics and is in top 3 damage every time. ITS INSANE. His shield slams do like 4k crits or something lol.. But if I was you, and you didn&#39;t wanna play your hunter, I&#39;d roll a warrior. From what my friend tells me he does insane damage.

Btw what server do you play? I&#39;m thinkin of rolling a new class. Kinda disappointed in my rogues PVE.. :unsure:[/b]
    Thanks for replies guys.
    I think i was just trying to find an excuse to start a new char, and something new. Hunters are still sick in pve. I think i will just continue to 80. 1-70 is so boring.
    To papa, war and mage were on my mind for rerolling, wars have always been sick in my books, i think i will make one when i get bored.
    I play eu server mate so :/

yeh stick with it, we have a hunter in our guild, b/c he is right spec and is good with rotation, it is crazy hard to out DPS him, i failed at topping him with my pally/mage/ or my friends DK. so they can still do great dps....

(fuck fury warriors :lol

yeh stick with it, we have a hunter in our guild, b/c he is right spec and is good with rotation, it is crazy hard to out DPS him, i failed at topping him with my pally/mage/ or my friends DK. so they can still do great dps....
    (fuck fury warriors :lol[/b]
    what?! everyone loves fury warriors

i say that because i lvled my warrior to 60 prebc, i loved it, then BC came out and i didnt like it anymore, (fury sucked for pve dps as everyone well remembers). so i was like eff it. no more fury warrior....and now look at this shit....

its just a matter of hate towards myself for not sticking with my warrior

PaPaSmurF

gheyy
    :X

Banned Senior Member

Fury is fun, and when the next patch is released, they are removing our 5% miss rate so no penalty at all for using Titan Grip

NuXx

Instead of nerfing TG, they&#39;re buffing it....

Banned Senior Member

I like this patch coming out, esp the warrior glyph changes they are doing. And they are buffing alot of people as well

smepie18

shammy totems with no threat. a taggers dream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast