Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ardream warrior, sword aura VS. cleave *test*

This is a discussion on Ardream warrior, sword aura VS. cleave *test* within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; So... I decided to test cleave vs sword aura for ardream warrior (test isn't 100% completed, (EDIT will not be ...
Page: 1

So... I decided to test cleave vs sword aura for ardream warrior (test isn't 100% completed,(EDIT will not be able complete it sorry ).
    The following results is on a warrior with ~1350 def:

####CLEAVE####
    1st - 190 dmg
    2nd - 179 dmg
    3rd - 189 dmg
    4rd - 191 dmg
    5th - 13 dmg
    6th - 188 dmg
    7th - 213 dmg
    9th - 196 dmg
    10th- 187 dmg

TOTAL: 1546

####SWORD AURA####
    1st - 194 dmg
    2nd - 206 dmg
    3rd - 200 dmg
    4rd - 201 dmg
    5th - 183 dmg
    6th - 204 dmg
    7th - 184 dmg
    9th - 184 dmg
    10th - 179 dmg

TOTAL: 1735

Well, now Sword Aura has some additional dmg which makes it better when fighting high defence ppls (which gives it an advantage in this situation) and this was unwolfed.

with Sword Aura I did 189 more dmg (in 10 hits) but I saved 1000 mana when using cleave which is actually alot for a dcz warrior (especially in a vs) that allows you to use like one extra hp pot before have to use a mana^^
    One more good thing is that you could go 55 into def and still have cleave (if you decide to lose sword aura) and that will give you passive+descent (bout 30-50 def+ and a TP skill <- love that one )

I will try this on a rogue too with like 900-1000 ac and compare the differences.
    Keep in mind that these test&#39;s are unwolfed, I use a 2h weapon with only 80 elemental and I use a skeleton belt with 50% attack increase (I would not recomend using cleave without one) With Something like hell breaker or dual wield I think Sword Aura would be better cuz the elemental will have a greater affect or sumthing like that, I dunno.

This is only my opinion and I make these tests to find out if differences are worth it and I post it here so you don&#39;t need to do it, make your own opinion from the result and please don&#39;t flame or anything

if you have any questions you think I could answer just go ahead and ask me

GangstamaN

Tis simple, cleave for warrior/mage/priest.

Sword Aura for rogues.

Cos rogues with high dex, means you have less chance of the skill working properly. Whereas the other classes dont have very much dex, so cleaver works like 95% of the time.

Thats what I found out when I played dcz warrior.

Tis simple, cleave for warrior/mage/priest.

Sword Aura for rogues.

Cos rogues with high dex, means you have less chance of the skill working properly. Whereas the other classes dont have very much dex, so cleaver works like 95% of the time.

Thats what I found out when I played dcz warrior.[/b]
    Just one question, how you know dex makes them avoid skills better? and no, I wouldn&#39;t take "a guess" as an answer :P

_DecapitatoR_

If you have played dcz warrior and attempted to use cleave on a rogue, you would generally see that it misses most of the time, well at least it does for me (even though i have skele belt also).
    And what do rogues have over mages/priests/warriors, who are hit most of the time by cleave? A high dex stat, which would lead you to think that it must affect evasion rate.
    Thats what i believe anyway, although it could be something else or that rogues can just evade better for no reason =P.

If you have played dcz warrior and attempted to use cleave on a rogue, you would generally see that it misses most of the time, well at least it does for me (even though i have skele belt also).
    And what do rogues have over mages/priests/warriors, who are hit most of the time by cleave? A high dex stat, which would lead you to think that it must affect evasion rate.
    Thats what i believe anyway, although it could be something else or that rogues can just evade better for no reason =P.[/b]
    Yes I have used Cleave alot of times on rogue, and I don&#39;t see alot of misses :blink: Oh well... I&#39;ll test it too once I&#39;m done with this one^^

sexy Owa

ive played dcz for some 2 or more years. while doing so ive always used cleave on priests and warriors, but here are some facts that can make cleave worse then sword aura in aspects of damage your weapon has to be a high ap weapon, dual wields generally dont hit extremely hard compared to 2h weapons for reasons of less ap (not saying cleave with duals are a bad idea) cleaves fail rate IS determined by both dex and attack power % (usually recieved from skelly or string of skulls). cleave reguardless of damage is ALWAYS the better choice to use against mages/priests/warriors because of its 100 less mana used per hit, which allows you to health pot almost 2 times more. you will also find cleave to hit harder on low ac targets then sword aura :P but thats not extremly important unless there are debuffs invloved.

I was contemplating doing it after i seen this post but then i tried to vs a rogue today using cleave and he won full HP lol, vsed him with aura and i won full hp so i wouldn&#39;t bother if i were you considering the mass majority of dcz are sins, you really need that aura.

sexy Owa

I was contemplating doing it after i seen this post but then i tried to vs a rogue today using cleave and he won full HP lol, vsed him with aura and i won full hp so i wouldn&#39;t bother if i were you considering the mass majority of dcz are sins, you really need that aura.[/b]
    sword aura is a must for sins unless you have a high dex bonus base from lugias/2h giga/1h giga light o.o. cleave does fail more but its got the huge advantage of making a warriors potting more like a mages :P many attack&#39;s few soul potions used.

iiason

cleave misses like a bitch, if u don&#39;t have dex bonus weapon or something like a skele belt with attack power bonus.

sexy Owa

cleave misses like a bitch, if u don&#39;t have dex bonus weapon or something like a skele belt with attack power bonus.[/b]
    99% of the time it still wont fail against a priest or fellow warrior mages seem to dodge a bit, but rogues almost 50% of the time

It is best to use both attacks as you pk in Ardream. Just like what the other guys have said, you use sword Aura on the rogues and Cleave on the rest. I have my standard Skillbar on F1 with a similar skillbar on F2 that replaces Aura with Cleave.

A Skeleton belt is the best belt that you can use except for a highly compounded String of Skulls if you are planning on using Cleave in Ardream on the warriors/priests/mages. Having some dexterity helps an assload with cleave also but you do not need to go overkill on it since once you get to 20 to 30 dexterity then your good to go since having 50+ dexterity will not make a big difference even on rogues.

Rogues have like 300-400 Dexterity (base+bonus) so an extra 20-50 points into your dex will not do a damn thing against them so your best bet is to stick with Sword Aura just for Rogues. Since not many other class&#39;s use any dexterity, you will have a higher amount than them and hit more often with your cleave, having about 20-30 dexterity bonus will make your cleave almost 100% on Warriors/Mages/Priests and maybe cleave will miss you a little more often by other warriors.

Basicly:
    Dexterity = Dodge/Accuracy (I think that it works as a percent in a formula)
    Rogues = Have so much of it that any dexterity bonus will not do F*** all of a difference against them but it does help against class&#39;s who do not use dexterity.

Skele/Dex should help with landing legcut and R hits on class&#39;s other than rogues, I just do not know if the legcut effect works if your target gets a landed hit or if its random and does not have to hit. I like using compounded Foverins for the ac/dex over Rocs.

I think that the reason some people are Giga fans is because that large Dex bonus is making them land more R hits and Legcuts(if they use it) since most of their targets have no dexterity most of the time. No Flaming me about the giga thing plz lol.

Sidewalk

Don&#39;t use cleave in pk.

Sword aura only. You need every hit to count. Specially in dcz when you have to be a sort of ap whore.

_DecapitatoR_

Don&#39;t use cleave in pk.

Sword aura only. You need every hit to count. Specially in dcz when you have to be a sort of ap whore.[/b]
    Cleave is necessary for good dcz pk, if you are doing a 3v1 for example, you will need to spam pots, a warriors huge weakness is when he has to mp pot.

Sidewalk

cleave misses far too much. i cant believe this is even being discussed.

sexy Owa

cleave misses far too much. i cant believe this is even being discussed.[/b]
    lmao...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast