Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Leveling a mage... [30-59]

This is a discussion on Leveling a mage... [30-59] within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the Archive category; Hmm when I started my mage at pathos when pathos jsut opened I lvld from like 30-60 at the GraveYard ...
Page: 2

pX~

Hmm when I started my mage at pathos when pathos jsut opened I lvld from like 30-60 at the GraveYard xD

ArminVanBuuren

Sry the build all depends on the server your on take 4 example ares you will not get any decent lvling at all with ice/light because at the lower end no1 requires a mage that gives lr. Or even in falcon prty's lighting ruin's the spawn by stunning the mobs, nor do they need lr in any other prty's i can think of. The only good a Ice/Light mage in ares is 4 pking and mainly 75+ mages go ethier ice/lg lg/ice lg/fire fire/lg 4 varies reason so please b4 replying think about it. [/b]
    I think you are still talking about exping a lvl 60+ mage...they will not even see falcons because they cannot even think about going Eslant...and to be honest, while lvling my former clanies DLW chars, every single apos/deru spot had at least one LR mage...noobs still need LR...I'm from Ares also, and even if you disagree with it, LR/Ice is the best way to lvl a mage...why? because as LR mage you get derus/apos party and as an Ice mage you get aoe party because blizzard is always needed...and I know this because my brother has a lvl 72+ mage just in the same server...even if lvl 60+ in every single aoe party at eslant you'll always need someone to slow the mobs, so ice will always be needed.

My advice: set 24 points to lightning so you can get 50 LR and get derus in your lower lvls...rest into Ice so you can get Blizzard as soon as you get lvl 45...then boost lightning points again to get 80 LR and do apos.

As stunner said, you can go light to try and get into apos, but light isn't great to solo on tbh. Personally I prefer going paper fire or something of that sort and kill hornets. Using manes of fire hornets die in a few hits and give over 5k xp each depending on your level (6k+ if in a 2 man party).

Judging from your name I believe your in the same clan as me. :P I can help you xp some and do a few quests for you, just lemme know.

sexyrexy

go fire/ice lvl to 54 go 45/45 for both inferno and blizzard
    so try to get some harpy parties or what not
    then at 60 get nova and get blizzard back at 62

light sux in older servers cause no one ever does apos/derus lol and when they do its clan lvling clan so they dont invite random people..
    3 lvl 59's can hold the apos spawn down with no buffs no lr
    and so what are you suposed to do when there arent anyparties ?? go a slowly kill crap solo?

as fire ice you slow with solid or w/e then blast away with 2/3 fire spells and repeat and you can lvl solo or just aoe the zombies quick and ez
    .. with light u cant aoe the zombies for quite osme time because your damage will be so crappy.. same with glacier mages depending on equiptment at noob lvls..
    and since you wont have alot of money to get it your going to have to use 1-2 spells

Banned

light sux in older servers cause no one ever does apos/derus lol and when they do its clan lvling clan so they dont invite random people..
    3 lvl 59's can hold the apos spawn down with no buffs no lr
    and so what are you suposed to do when there arent anyparties ?? go a slowly kill crap solo?[/b]
    I Just leveled a light/ice mage solo from 1-57 in less then a month on dies, that's an old server right?

for the most part, they're right about lightning, it does stun alot. but if you develop good aoe skills, the real XP for light mages lies in soloing the URUKs. once you get dual aoes, light/ice is perfect for hais/blades/trons because they dont get stunned. and with bronze premium at level 55 you get about 10k per kill. with blades and 14 with trons. that's 50-60K per spawn. it's about the same xp as harpy's but it's faster and you get all of the drops (not great drops) blade's and slayers. The only downfall of this is they hit like a beeotch. so you have to develope the skills before you attempt, or find a good buff/heal to help. when they see the exp, they will stick around trust me. If you start to get comfortable you can start to do 2 spawns, it's tricky, but easy when you get the hang of it. just need swift and ts. the blade spawn outside of linate is best. I got 40% last night solo at level 56-57 in an hour. harpies dont compare to that.

interesting.. what was your build.. like i wanna try it on new server..
    from what ive heard, paper fire/ice is the way to go to lvl fast..
    apos/derus is only thing they cant do effectively.. but everything thing else they can so tell me what build is best to lvl on new servers

AOEing as a light mage is retarded...

Go Fire/Ice if you wanna aoe... if you wanna leech go light. If you want a bit of all go Fire/ice/light [enough for the first LR]

pX~

The BEST combination for exp is Ice/light[/b]
    +1 on that , took me some high lvls :]

wideload620

I Just leveled a light/ice mage solo from 1-57 in less then a month on dies, that's an old server right?[/b]
    if it took you a month thats sad fire mage 1-60 in under a week in ares

ArminVanBuuren

Usually people has something called LIFE...that's why he needed almost a month to lvl to 57.

I'd also like to know what build was using SaNCTe and if the items you had are affordable for most new players...if not, then I'd find any build useless.

knightned

??? wat r u saying... ice/light for best xp??? NO WAY... if u wanna lvl its fire/ice... trust me i was lvl 70 myko b4 xp became x100. just slow them then inflict max dmg... not slow then inflict low dmg.

fire/ice is the way to go. its paper build and the cheapest to run. fire/ice ftw! :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12