Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Ko4life StarCraft Clan

This is a discussion on Ko4life StarCraft Clan within the Starcraft forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I agree with everything but the first part about mech vs Z. Im a Z myself and to be honest, ...
Page: 4

I agree with everything but the first part about mech vs Z. Im a Z myself and to be honest, if the T was going mech and starts with vultures, true, 1 vulture can kill as many lings as you want if you can micro but its a waste of micro. 2 marines can kill a zealot but its definitely not worth the APM to kill that one zealot. Youll have to be circling my lings with your vulture while macroing. If I scout mech tech and 9 pool, theres no way youll stop that unless you block off choke. In which case, i expo and mass hydra/lings. Yes Goliathes/Tanks may be a "good" force, but its nothing compared to Tanks/Medic/Marines. The problem with mech build against Z is that youll have a lot of trouble teching. No Z is gonna wait for you to fully tech and then attacks you. I dont play T but ill say you need at least to start with 2 facts before you can get a decent amount of people out. By that time, Ill have 3 expos and youll have 1. T doesnt need to expo that much but you wont even have your nat.

When a Z goes muta rush, they have excess minerals which usually goes into lings. Goliates are not as fast as mutas. You cant stop 20 lings and 6 mutas at the same time. Teching Mech just takes too long. Most TvZ need that initial rush to slow the Z down.

And Ultra/Ling vs Mech is just rape. Throw a couple of defilers and swarm and your entire army is dead. But i guess vs Ultra you just got SV.

Personally, I feel that if a T isnt agressive enough against a Z, its pretty much over. Mech takes too long to tech. For tank to be effective, you need a lot in a closed space. They are too easily flanked and shoot too slowly.
    Mech isnt totally ineffective. There is a pro player (forget his name) who always uses mech V Z. But most pro players do Medic/Marine/Tanks/SV cuz stimmed marines just rape poorly microed Z.[/b]
    U sir, have not seen any Pro-gamers in actions, by default in a non island map terran > zerg > toss, ill take on ur zerg anytime and anyplace with my noob terran and ill mecha u and stop ur 9pool lings rush, remember as ur rushing ull be so bad standing if ur rush doesnt acomplish the goal: win the game. In the times ive played i realized that with good micro/timing 9pool rush its a free victory for the terran. 99% of this rushes are stoppable, unless u come with all ur drones, but if i block my entrance and put 1 marine behind the barrack+suply block, then u will have nothing to do than surrender. And for that ur saying "i go exp and mass hydra..." ull be death with 8 vultures and 4 tanks and there is nothing u can do, if u go mutas ull make him go back for 3 min and then come back with a lots of goliaths since he maked his expansion while atacking u. U can also say that u can make ultra+swarm but if the terran allows u to do that then hes retarded, and for the mass hydras (if u ever get them), Mass tanks+goliaths will erase ur 200limit hydra mass in 10 secons with 6 or 8 goliahts death.

For last i invite you for a 1vs1 to proove u wrong... thats... if u think u can do it...

TunaFishyMe

for your info...TvZ is pretty balanced. Z>P. A rush isnt to win the game, its to lower your econ. Sure ill play your T. Msg me your msn and well play.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

save the replay and upload+post link here xD

save the replay and upload+post link here xD[/b]

Sorry cama but we played Broodwar not original. so u wont be able to reproduce the replay xD

Sorry cama but we played Broodwar not original. so u wont be able to reproduce the replay xD[/b]
    i have broodwar...i just prefer original for playing games...bw for playing ums

KirbyKommando

Mind if I ask why normal starcraft and not broodwar? I'm new to starcraft so I wouldn't know.

Broodwar is noobier with noobier units... its like 2 level 80s fighting...i prefer level 65 vs 65 :X ( also more noob combos in broodwar ;o)

TunaFishyMe

Broodwar is noobier with noobier units... its like 2 level 80s fighting...i prefer level 65 vs 65 :X ( also more noob combos in broodwar ;o)[/b]
    lol?
    thats why the entire south korea play bw. cuz they just arent good enough to handle sc...right...

people who play sc is because they cant handle the new units. They are all balanced out. There is a counter for everything...(but i dont really know the counter for sair/reavs?? Mass hydra?) BW is all skill

its cuz they cama cant handle bw xD

KirbyKommando

lol?
    thats why the entire south korea play bw. cuz they just arent good enough to handle sc...right...

people who play sc is because they cant handle the new units. They are all balanced out. There is a counter for everything...(but i dont really know the counter for sair/reavs?? Mass hydra?) BW is all skill
    its cuz they cama cant handle bw xD[/b]
    aha ok, good to know ^^

its cuz they cama cant handle bw xD[/b]
    it was mainly cuz i couldnt be assed to download bw and neither could any of us lol...i like sc better but bw more people play so...ended up dling and installing bw

TunaFishyMe

it was mainly cuz i couldnt be assed to download bw and neither could any of us lol...i like sc better but bw more people play so...ended up dling and installing bw [/b]
    lol you know im playing man haha

Rampage

I'll play with you guys if you need people, just need to practice a bit cause I havent played for a long time.

There is a counter for everything...(but i dont really know the counter for sair/reavs?? Mass hydra?)[/b]
    Only mass hydra has been proved that if the toss is as same skilled than you he has 99% chance to win over you. Look at some replays, firsts corsairs are not to harass inmediatly the overlords but to explore. The toss keeps the corsairs to see what ur strategy is: If u go mutas he goes 2stargates/1robotics and gather more corsairs and only 2 reavers in a shuttle, if u go mass hydra he goes 1stargate/2-3robotics and starts mass reavers+shuttle with some corsairs (6-8). The best way to counter this is, for a start a good micro, if u aint got it, dont bother :P ; knowing that he is observing you u will have to trick him. Go muta rush (for example) now u know he will go for loads of corsairs, as soon as ur spire is finished spwn 3 mutas and 6 scourges, try to take down as many corsairs as u can while ur expanding and to let him believe that ur trully sticking with mutas. Keep making 1 or 2 more mutas to keep it real and dont stop making scourges to take down corsairs, DO NOT let him gather too many corsairs, as it will be difficult to any scourges get any closer to them. Keep destroying as many corsairs as you can so he has to spend more money in new corsairs, and will take some time to make reavers. As soon as ur exp is ready, fast change to mass hydra and try expanding again. if u change fast enough he will have not enough reavers to defend his expansion or even his main.

Ofc, you can do it backwards, first hydra, then muta, choose what works best for you

TunaFishyMe

whats annoying is when they cannon their expo and throw a couple reavs at the back. Its so hard to get into that expo. I think reav should splash its own units :P. But yea, cors/reav is so micro intensive. Doesnt matter how many hydras you have, reavs mow them down so fast. I always thought devourers/ muta would be an ok counter but that is so costly and impossible to get a large enough army with only two bases.

how do you use scourges vs a large amount of sairs. well say like 6-8 sairs. i know you are suppose to clone them but sairs just rip them apart. Sometimes i think using mass hydras to shoot down shuttlers or when the reavers are down, kill shuttles with scourges so you slow him down a lot. cors/reavs rapes expo, so if you can slow him down, it should be ok. But when they get DWeb...thats annoying too.lol Good thing you cant cliff reavers or thatll be so imba

Still u havnt look good at my post. Think, toss combine the air and ground, if u mass hydra only and leeroy i dont think u can win. You must mix mutas and hydras and make ur move in the right time, try as you can to match hydras with corsairs and mutas with reavers. kinda obvius. And about scourges and corsairs by the time u spwned ur fisrt 3 mutas and 6 scourges the toss should have like 3 corsairs, maybe 4, that won kill the scourges b4 they strike on the corsairs so if u do it right ull get 3 corsairs left. then toss build 1 or 2 more stargates and starts mass corsairs. In that time get 1-2 expos and keep bothering him, killing his corsairs with scourges, have like 4-5 mutas and try to not let him get expansion by killing shuttles or the probe him self with the mutas. While ur doing that ur hydras should be +2 atack, move speed, range researched andhave like 12 hydras, go put some presure on him while keep expanding, and thats it. Since he have gone for mass corsairs he will not have that many reavers and not many robotics so if u keep attacking hell be out of reavers for a long time, and the match should be yours. One thing to remember is that, theory is theory, and this one has to be done exactly, 4ex. if u loose ur 3 mutas and 6 scourges without killing any corsairs, say BB to ur chances to win, he will not be concern about any air atack so he would be doing hes normal build and destroy you like they always do. Ive seen yellow doing something like this in WCG2002. But he went mutas+hydras, like 12 or more mutas and loads of hydras, and he did a so good micro, that he loose only like 10% of his troops, destroying all the enemys one. Also if u separate ur mutas at the time to attack crosairs the splash dmg will have so little effect that mutas can actually win over them.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast