Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LeBron James? Classless, poor sportsmanship, or the right thing?

This is a discussion on LeBron James? Classless, poor sportsmanship, or the right thing? within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; If anyones doesnt know what im talking about, im talking about the way he just walked off the court, did ...
Page: 1

simple182

If anyones doesnt know what im talking about, im talking about the way he just walked off the court, did no congradulations, and avoid the media questions.

What you guys think?

heres his response :

“It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them,” he said. “I’m a winner. It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them. That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”[/b]
    Carmelo hugged Kobe after his denvers were defeated
    Ron Artest Congratulate the whole Lakers team including Kobe after a brutal series.
    Kobe congradulates the Celtics last year after being denied his 4th championship and getting killed by boston
    Kobe congradulated and hugged Raja bell few years ago after he loss to the Suns, and that was where Raja and kobe physically hurt each other(elbow, clothesline)
    Billups always congradulates the other team
    and everyone else does also.

All those guys are pure winners, so why does Lebron has to be like that.

I dont know, do you guys think its Classless, Poor Sportsmanship, or the Right thing

poor sportsmanship i think lebron lost some respect from me when i heard about this.

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I hate losing also, especially in b-ball, but I always say good game afterward..

Then I sucker punch them in the back of the head h34r:

In all seriousness, you can tell that LBJ still has some growing up to do.. Like LT when the Chargers got eliminated from the playoffs a couple of years ago..

abdeucethree

poor sportsmanship i think lebron lost some respect from me when i heard about this.[/b]
    +1 ^^

he is still young maybe he will change by time

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

childish and poor sportmanship. maybe like Lev0 said hes still young in some way

I guess in a way it's good, it shows that it isn't 100% about the money considering how pissed off he must have been to act like that, but on the other hand, it was still childish..

PTOWN

Lebron is one of the classier guys out there. He is a team player and one of the best out there. He isn't pompous and you never hear bad things about him.

TO is classless, Lebron James was just very disappointed.

Yeah i don't think it was "rude" persay, I mean I still think he should've at least shook hands after the game. But I have felt that disappointed before, after losing a game and I know where he's coming from. it sucks

simple182

Lebron is one of the classier guys out there. He is a team player and one of the best out there. He isn't pompous and you never hear bad things about him.

TO is classless, Lebron James was just very disappointed.[/b]
    Not congratulating an opponent and avoiding the media is selfish, a childlish act, and poor sportsmanship, no excuse. You know how disappointed kobe was for the past 3 years after 2 years of first round exit and a finals blow out? like true players, he still congradulate and respect his opponent.

Classier guy? team player?

First of all, he said he didnt congratulate his opponent because "he is a winner". His team congratulate them, so hes saying they are losers? Also he talks alot about his love of New York and it is clear he wants to go to Knicks or nets, he never said he'll commit to one team.

just a kid like act by lebron

kookookachoo

I didnt think it was that huge of a deal until I heard his excuse, which makes no sense at all. Hes the closest thing were prolly gonna see to MJ, and he should know that anything and everything he does is gonna be blown up. Hows it look when the face of the league pulls such a classless act?

abdeucethree

MJ? lol
    i hope you mean magic johnson
    he and michael have like 0 similarities

MJ? lol
    i hope you mean magic johnson
    he and michael have like 0 similarities[/b]
    They are both African Americans h34r:

abdeucethree

rofl :lol:

PTOWN

MJesque as far as his persona I'm guessing he was trying to say.

MJ was the most arrogant player in the league, however he was an all around good guy off the court and of course the best player to play the game so he had a right to be cocky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast