Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

MVP: Lebron James

This is a discussion on MVP: Lebron James within the Sports forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Any thoughts? i really think D-wade should have gotten it .. but there are some nut riders out there.....
Page: 1

Any thoughts? i really think D-wade should have gotten it .. but there are some nut riders out there..

Big Gizzle Senior Member Disturbed's Avatar

I am a big D Wade fan, but even if I wasn't I still think he should have won it considering the players that surround him and the players that surround LBJ.. I am not taking anything away from Lebron, but he had the far better team.. Wade carried his team on his back, but I am not upset.. All I can say is gratz to Lebron and I am glad Kobe didn't get it lol..

I am a big D Wade fan, but even if I wasn't I still think he should have won it considering the players that surround him and the players that surround LBJ.. I am not taking anything away from Lebron, but he had the far better team.. Wade carried his team on his back, but I am not upset.. All I can say is gratz to Lebron and I am glad Kobe didn't get it lol..[/b]
    woah hold on glad Kobe didnt get it? wdf? Kobe is beast.. im a la fan.. ha... Dwade should have gotten it he put up more numbers than lebron

I have never really liked Kobe, especially after the MJ comparisons which are ridiculous lol.. He is good, really good, but just not one of my favs.. I can't believe D Wade finished 3rd in voting lol.. The people who did the voting must be complete morons lol.. I guess record plays the most important role in voting, not what you do personally on the court, but what your team does..

abdeucethree

Being a big laker fan, im ok with lebron getting it [even tho i hate him, has got to be the most protected player in the NBA]
    i still think kobe should've gotten it, sure the lakers have talent, but they would miss the playoffs without him, he is the lakers, he brings it all together. [plus, 2-0 vs Cavs, 2-0 vs Boston. #1 #2 teams in the east W/ & W/out Bynum]
    D-Wade shouldnt even be in the top 5. Maybe #2 in Def POTY, but not MVP. Dwight Howard should be third [no way the magic hit all those 3's without howard dominating the paint], CP3 should be fourth [he is the hornets franchise]. maybe wade 5th.

Again, about dwade, Kobe avg 35+ pts per game in 05-06, his team got the 7th seed in the then tough Western Conf. [47 wins] not to mention he had even worse talent than wade does now. [Smush Parker? cant even make it in the dleagues anymore. Kwame Brown? nuff said. Lamar Odom? he had takeashotophobia that season. and Luke Walton/Bryan Cook only thing Luke did good was pass it to kobe. and Cook is riding the pine for the magic.] Wade on the other hand has the 08-09 3pt champ [drive + kick = assist] beasely, if he makes it, assist Wade, misses, rebound Wade. had 2 former Allstars this season, Marion then O'Neal, and Haslem, whom i would take over kwame in a heartbeat.
    Not to mention the heat are strictly D first, something they lakers couldnt play in 05-06 when kobe had monster stats and didnt get MVP, they had to outscore thier opponent to get wins, not get stops. that year LA would be #5 in the East, This year the heat would be 3 games back of the suns in 10th place in the West. So if Kobe couldnt get it then, Wade shouldnt even be considered this season.

just my 2 cents :mellow:

D wade shouldn't be in the top five, what the hell you been smoking.. He was first in scoring, second in steals, only person his height to have 100+ blocks, third in defensive player of the year voting, shot nearly 50% from the field, ninth in assists and not to mention how he turn a shitty team into a playoff team.. D Wade got penalized for being on a worse team then Kobe and Lebron because he had a far better year then Kobe and about as good as year as LBJ.. Lebron deserved is, no doubt, a lot more then Kobe did... Not too mention Kobe was a big ball hog during that season and most, he never got his players involved even if they sucked, but now he has changed gets people involved a lot better..

I thought it should have been LBJ or Wade #1, CP3 #3, Howard #4 then Kobe, but record is key in voting 99.9% of the time.. And the players surrounding Wade: Cook sucked terribly the 2nd half of the season and O'Neal is a shell and I am putting that lightly, of his former self.. He had nothing and made it work, Kobe and LBJ had other all-stars surrounding them.. I always thought MVP should be the most valuable player to his team, but I guess it isn't..

As far as the play-offs go I am hoping the Celts at least pull of this series some how, but prob won't happen with no KG.. I would like to see Houston or Denver vs the Cavs in the finals even though I want Boston..

abdeucethree

like i said, maybe #2 or #3 in the Def player of the year voting
    mvp isnt about being a statistical powerhouse. there are other things an mvp brings to his team
    for example "makes the players around him better" Gasol was good in memphis, but he's great now that he's with kobe. same goes for mo williams in cleveland with james. lamar is playing some of the better basketball of his career, why? because kobe trusts him and gives him confidence to actually shoot the ball as a first priority. bynum would never be as good as he is now if kobe hadnt have pushed him. might i add shannon brown? a no-one before he came to LA. name one player wade has actually made better?

how about stats that reflect leadership and composure [key qualities of an MVP]? free throws and turnovers
    Kobe: FT% 85.6, TO per game: 2.5
    Wade: FT% 76.5, TO per game: 3.5
    not to mention wade barely scratching %30 on 3's

"oh but wade has more points and assists than kobe" - well sure, look at the different styles of offense each team runs, with wade is basically pick and roll / drive and kick. easy points easy assists. the triangle prevents kobe from racking up assists because of the ball movement thats going on. dont forget how terrible sasha and farmer have been this season from behind the arc, meaning less assists for kobe since teammates cant knockdown open shots
    "please, 100+stl 100+blk cmonnn"
    sure, cp3 also leads the league in assists, but he cant shutdown the leagues elite..
    "please.. enlighten me.."
    how about when they play lebron? [this years mvp]
    Lebron in 3 games v Wade 2-1:
    g1- 33pts 9assists +/- of +8 [12/19 shooting]
    g2- 38pts 7assists +/- not shown [12/24 shooting]
    g3- triple double+/- of +11 [5/15 shooting]

Lebron 2 games v Kobe 0-2:
    g1- 23pts 6to +/- of -11 [9/25 shooting] **w/ bynum
    g2- 14pts 12assists +/- of -12 [5/20 shooting] ** w/out bynum + a sick Kobe who hit a high arching fade away in james' face to seal the game + CLE only legitimate home loss of the season.
    sure, wade has the stats, but once again stats dont tell the whole story.
    *** NOTE : this is assuming, that Wade being the defensive "monster" he is, that he guarded lebron 1on1 just as kobe did ***

if MVP were purely stats, kobe would have atleast 3 now. of course its about record and team success, which is why i can live with James winning it this year. and i cant live with Wade being considered ahead of Dwight and CP3 or Kobe.

the celtics will lose in 4 or 5. they suck, and so does paul peirce, btw i love his comment after the finals last season when he said he was better than kobe, i lol'd :lol: it will be LA vs the cavs, maybe even the magic [ie apr. 3's win vs the cavs 116-87 in orlando & going 2-1 vs CLE during the reg season]

sorry for the essay...

lol obv a laker fan saying boston sucks..so typical..just another fool on the boston hater wagon, look at who took them to7 games last season and what happend? yea thought so lakers got raped, he never said hes" better than kobe" he said he should be considered in the elite of players, which he should be if you ever even watched what he does, and what happend when he was playing kobe?

Paul said that because Kobe choked horribly in the finals.. About D Wade Ding up Lebron, I am sure many coaches in the league will stick a 6'4 guard on a 6'7 6'8 forward so that makes no sense.. Kobe has had great statistics in the past because he was a horrible ball hog and didn't get his teammates involved, hell even he said that.. All I have to say is look at the Heat last year without Wade and look at them this year, it certainly wasn't Beasly... Wade got his teammates involved and played the D, he even had more blocks then Kobe and LBJ and he freakin 6'4..

The fact is LBJ deserved the MVP, but if Wade's team finished with a record like Cleveland I am sure he would have gotten it, but record plays the most important role and sadly Kobe and LBJ had the far far better teams..

And yes assas I extremely enjoyed the way Pierce bitched up Kobe in last years finals.. Sadly without KG I don't see it happening this year, but hopefully Artest and Battier can do it in this series and stomp them fools..

abdeucethree

lol obv a laker fan saying boston sucks..so typical..just another fool on the boston hater wagon, look at who took them to7 games last season and what happend? yea thought so lakers got raped, he never said hes" better than kobe" he said he should be considered in the elite of players, which he should be if you ever even watched what he does, and what happend when he was playing kobe?[/b]
    thats why it took boston 7 games to beat the bulls this year? and how the lakers took both games from boston already in the reg season w/ and without bynum might i add. face it, they are washed up. one hit wonders.
    where were the celtics when they only had peirce? i didnt see them making the playoffs with one superstar [ie lakers with kobe, wade this season with the heat] so no offense, there is no way in hell peirce should be considered amongst the nba's top 10

Paul said that because Kobe choked horribly in the finals.. About D Wade Ding up Lebron, I am sure many coaches in the league will stick a 6'4 guard on a 6'7 6'8 forward so that makes no sense.. Kobe has had great statistics in the past because he was a horrible ball hog and didn't get his teammates involved, hell even he said that.. All I have to say is look at the Heat last year without Wade and look at them this year, it certainly wasn't Beasly... Wade got his teammates involved and played the D, he even had more blocks then Kobe and LBJ and he freakin 6'4..

The fact is LBJ deserved the MVP, but if Wade's team finished with a record like Cleveland I am sure he would have gotten it, but record plays the most important role and sadly Kobe and LBJ had the far far better teams..
    And yes assas I extremely enjoyed the way Pierce bitched up Kobe in last years finals.. Sadly without KG I don't see it happening this year, but hopefully Artest and Battier can do it in this series and stomp them fools..[/b]
    you guys keep saying kobe is a ball hog, its getting quite comical. you do realize when kobe does drive and kick, his teammates NEVER convert. last season sure, but this season vujacic is shooting horribly from behind the arc, just like farmar. wade and james both have players who can hit the open 3 [moe + cook] the lakers do not. not too mention, kobe's teammates are intimidated to take a shot after kobe passes them the ball, so they just pass it once more. ill bet you 20 bucks kobe would lead the league in "hockey" assists if they were recorded, probably even twice as much as the #2 guy. dont forget the lakers have alot of players who are pass-first type of guys, for example, walton and odom.
    you're right, wade would have won it if his team had 55+ wins this season, but they didnt, just like kobe in 05-06, if his team finished #3 or #2 in the West kobe, not nash would have won MVP.
    peirce didnt shutdown kobe, the celtics did. go watch some videos of everytime kobe touched the ball. if he went to drive into the lane, 4 guys collapsed on him and forced him to kick it out where his teammates missed open shots. if kobe had an iso, he was immediately double teamed and alot of the times triple teamed. no one can shut down kobe 1 on 1. he will score and get his points no matter what.
    dont forget, imagine how much greater kobe could be if he played in jordans era. there weren't these elaborate defenses back then like there are today. he has never triple teamed 10 times a game when he had the ball behind the 3 point line. alot of jordans points were always against 1 defender, whereas kobe almost ALWAYS has 2-3 on him.

Celts as a team did shut down Kobe, but Pierce also locked him up.. I watched the whole series and seen how Paul played him.. And don't even go into comparisons about Kobe and Jordan because there is none.. Kobe is good yes, but still isn't in Jordan's league.. Tony Parker said it best, there will never be another player like Jordan..

If he played in Jordan's era he would have cried a lot more then he does now with all these pussy players and ticky tack fouls..
    I don't know what your talking about, Jordan was constantly doubled and sometimes tripled team, it just didn't matter to him especially in the 80s considering when he went against a lot of white guys lol.. Hell his last season at age 39 he still averaged 20 points per game while shooting nearly 45% while playing today's so called better players..

Kobe is good though, he still isn't in my top 5 all time yet, but maybe when he retires he might be, but by then Lebron will overtake him as the NBA's elite.. Well, unless Dwight Howard develops a jump shot and gets more skill instead of relying on pure athleticism, then he will be by far the most dominate...

P.S.
    Last year it took the Celts 7 games a lot to make it to the finals and they destroyed the Lakers, especially in that last game lol.. They won't win it this year, but I guess going to 7 games with lesser teams had no bearing on the Celts last year..

abdeucethree

peirce did not lock kobe up lol, as i said, the celtics did
    yes, kobe and jordan are two different players, i think kobe is the greatest pure scorer of all time. jordan was just better at EVERYTHING else.
    you're right, there wont be another player like jordan, just like there wont be another player like kobe.

nonono, lebron would cry if he played in that era because he would actually get fouled. kobe gets hacked like no other. if a defender so much as breathes on lebron its a foul [back to my previous statement, he is the most protected player in the league]

against the celtics, everyone on the lakers cept kobe seemed happy just to be there, no one else showed up which is why kobe forced shots.
    and sorry to break it to you, the celtics will lose in 5 games to the magic, maybe even 4. they are nothing without garnett.

How are you breaking it to me, I said already the Celts won't win.. I know this, unless some miracle happens.. KG= their heart and soul... The people who get hacked the most with no calls in my opinion is Shaq and Howard.. I think the refs think that they are so big and dominating they should get hit a little harder I guess.. And Kobe gets a lot of calls his way, just like Jordan did.. I think when you get to a certain level, you get ref benefits lol..

Basically the MVP is done and over with and hopefully now the playoffs will get good like the Bulls and Celts series..

peirce did not lock kobe up lol, as i said, the celtics did
    yes, kobe and jordan are two different players, i think kobe is the greatest pure scorer of all time. jordan was just better at EVERYTHING else.
    you're right, there wont be another player like jordan, just like there wont be another player like kobe.

nonono, lebron would cry if he played in that era because he would actually get fouled. kobe gets hacked like no other. if a defender so much as breathes on lebron its a foul [back to my previous statement, he is the most protected player in the league]

against the celtics, everyone on the lakers cept kobe seemed happy just to be there, no one else showed up which is why kobe forced shots.
    and sorry to break it to you, the celtics will lose in 5 games to the magic, maybe even 4. they are nothing without garnett.[/b]
    Celts whooped the magic pretty handidly tonight huh? not to mention playing like complete ass in game 1 the first half and only losing by 5..can't count them out until someone actually does beat them..still champs

abdeucethree

How are you breaking it to me, I said already the Celts won't win.. I know this, unless some miracle happens.. KG= their heart and soul... The people who get hacked the most with no calls in my opinion is Shaq and Howard.. I think the refs think that they are so big and dominating they should get hit a little harder I guess.. And Kobe gets a lot of calls his way, just like Jordan did.. I think when you get to a certain level, you get ref benefits lol..

Basically the MVP is done and over with and hopefully now the playoffs will get good like the Bulls and Celts series..[/b]
    agreed, but kobe also doesnt get a majority of calls that lebron would normally get, juust because they expect him to still make the shot since he's done it so much already.

goodness, the magic played with 0 effort whatsoever tonight. i guess they could afford to lose that on though since they already stole home court.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast