Here is a quick guide on how to change your weapon colors/glow, thought i'd write one up because I used to do this for private servers.
Example of my work Effects pictures by outcastko - Photobucket
NOTE: This is only seen by you, other players wont see the changes, but you will feel leet lol.
First download the dxt editor here: http://www.multiupload.com/7YXLRFLRC1
We will be using the N3TexViewer, it's been around for a long time and is the way to go.
Finding armor/weapons to color is pretty tricky, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. They are all grouped by numbers by class and weapon, and all can be found in your Item Folder in the Knight online directory. Effects are located in the Fx folder.
In this example i'm gonna be doing a very quick edit of the Eagle Eye bow.
1. Let's start by opening the Editor, and on the top left click open.
2. Then browse to your Knight online "Item" folder, and look for "item_bow_2006_01.dxt" and open it.
Now you should see a picture of what represents a jumbled up eagle eye bow.
Example Picture here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
3. Now you want to go to file, then click "save as bmp" and save to your desktop or something.
4. Then open that bmp with paint, or photoshop or whatever you prefer to use.
Then you can color it any color your want and save it.
5. Now go back to our dxt editor and click on "options" then click "Change File Attributes..."
And browse to the bmp we just saved and click on it, then enter these settings.
width:256 Height: 256
Then press ok. Example here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
6. Now rename our new .dxt file to "item_bow_2006_01.dxt" and drag and drop into the Item folder. (save your old one so you can change back later)
7. And log into game and you should have a newly colored Eagle Eye bow, either equip one or go and stand next to someone who has it on, and look at his see if you did it right. If you have any problems post back here i'll help ya out =)
NOTE: You can do the same steps above on armor, and make your own armor set. effects are tricky but fun, and I can write a guide on how to do it later if there is enough of a request.
My quick test bow for this guide. (with effect change)
Here - ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting