Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Favorite METAL band

This is a discussion on Favorite METAL band within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; LORDI!...
Page: 6

LORDI!

Lord0fWar

loled :mellow:

xXEdwiNXx

U FAIL[/b]
    No, I didn't, it's just my opinion... I don't really like black/death metal. Some bands are really great and make very good music... But some other like Nargaroth are so bad... THe singer has not a "great" voice, Guitar/bass/drums player only do the same riff on the whole song... But they are some good singer,Guitar/bass/drums player on theses bands :P

When i said, there is no melody, i was a litlle wrong, yea there still is a melody, BUT they are quite simple unlike Heavy/Epic/Symphony bands.

No, I didn't, it's just my opinion... I don't really like black/death metal. Some bands are really great and make very good music... But some other like Nargaroth are so bad... THe singer has not a "great" voice, Guitar/bass/drums player only do the same riff on the whole song... But they are some good singer,Guitar/bass/drums player on theses bands :P

When i said, there is no melody, i was a litlle wrong, yea there still is a melody, BUT they are quite simple unlike Heavy/Epic/Symphony bands.[/b]
    Agree, death metal isn't my cup of tea either. The riffs seem to get far to repetitive.

mahmoodxD

LORDI![/b]

lordiiiii is not metal

i like them too but they are not metal

xXEdwiNXx

lordiiiii is not metal

i like them too but they are not metal[/b]
    ...Hard Rock isn't metal for you?

lutekkkk

...Hard Rock isn't metal for you?[/b]
    hard rock is hard rock ... not metal ... (metal sux mostly :P, hard rock not )

dunno what is Volbeat ... but it's great band ;P

Nactoble

You guys fail so much.

xXEdwiNXx

hard rock is hard rock ... not metal ... (metal sux mostly :P, hard rock not )
    dunno what is Volbeat ... but it's great band ;P[/b]
    Well, you are right, i wasn't when i said that lordi was hard rock. they are metal that's all

However they are different kind of Hard rock, old one like Deep purple etc... and now some bands are hard rock but it's nearly same then some heavy one...

Nactoble

Edwin you fail so much that it's not even funny, Lordi has nothing to do with metal.

~Edit:
    And to keep in the topic.. These bands i've liked alot lately
    -Agalloch
    -Deathspell Omega
    -Ulver (both tri-hop/ambient and black metal material.. Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal especially from their bm material)
    -Arcturus
    -Bathory (R.I.P Quorthon)
    -Disillusion (some awesome Prog death metal )
    -Drudkh
    -Enslaved (Frost album)
    -Kashiwa Daisuke
    -Lunar Aurora

+some more (Neurosis, Isis, Cult of Luna, Windir, Falkenbach, Borknagar, Nest etc.)

xXEdwiNXx

Edwin you fail so much that it's not even funny, Lordi has nothing to do with metal.[/b]
    Metal is not only Death and black... Power, heavy, epic, grind are metal style to... and Lordi IS definitively metal.

Nactoble

Metal is not only Death and black... Power, heavy, epic, grind are metal style to... and Lordi IS definitively metal.[/b]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yes.. i know there are other genres too.. I dont listen to metal only either.. i like post-rock, prog rock, ambient, neo-folk too, but still.. Lordi isn't metal, it's barely even hardrock it's commercial crap.

xXEdwiNXx

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yes.. i know there are other genres too.. I don't listen to metal only either.. i like post-rock, prog rock, ambient, neo-folk too, but still.. Lordi isn't metal, it's barely even hard rock it's commercial crap.[/b]
    You mustn't know them really... I used to listen a lot of metal only. and Lordi is metal... To be commercial means nothing. I understand what you say but it's just about taste, and "fashion" phenomenon...

More over a band can be Hard rock and Metal... it depend on what song you listen... For example, Manowar, on their first CD (Battle hymns ~1980) It sounds more H-R than Metal... now if you listen the latest CD, it's all metal...

I understand you don't like Lordi, you think it's crap ok... but commercial I don't think so...Even if i don't think it means something, "commercial" bands are the one who sell the most CDs, or for example change their own style to make more money... (a little like nightwish imo..)

Well i think we won't agree one another...

Just another thing : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordi :
    "Genre(s) :
    Heavy metal[1]
    Hard rock[2]
    Progressive metal[3]"

Sorry for my bad English...

Nactoble

perhaps heavy metal influenced hard-rock but progressive? No.

Judas Iscariot

~Edit:
    And to keep in the topic.. These bands i've liked alot lately
    -Agalloch
    -Deathspell Omega
    -Ulver (both tri-hop/ambient and black metal material.. Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal especially from their bm material)
    -Arcturus
    -Bathory (R.I.P Quorthon)
    -Disillusion (some awesome Prog death metal )
    -Drudkh
    -Enslaved (Frost album)
    -Kashiwa Daisuke
    -Lunar Aurora

+some more (Neurosis, Isis, Cult of Luna, Windir, Falkenbach, Borknagar, Nest etc.)[/b]
    This list wins so much

Arcturus' Aspera Hyems Symfonia was and is still spectacular, despite not being "canon" black metal. Their newer "spacey" stuff is stil pretty fucking awesome and unique to say the least, but it just sounds like they lost their edge without the true influence...

Drudkh is just pure ownage. Forgotten Legends and Autum Aurora... I dont need to say more.

I wont go band by band, but fucking hails \m/

In Flames as Melodic Metal[/b]
    you're threading a very thin line sir :lol:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Music
    Refback This thread
    Hits: 4
    06-28-2022, 05:31 AM