Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Favorite METAL band

This is a discussion on Favorite METAL band within the Music forums, part of the General Entertainment category; Ektomorf , dear god I love some of their songs. Their music is somewhat repetitive but songs like 'Outcast', 'I ...
Page: 8

Nactoble

Ektomorf, dear god I love some of their songs. Their music is somewhat repetitive but songs like 'Outcast', 'I choke', 'We rise' (from 'Outcast' album) is just amazing. It's brutal, full of rage but yet beautiful, loads you up with energy. The albums 'Instinct' and destroy also contains great songs.[/b]
    Quite "post-Roots Sepultura"-alike, have you tried Gojira yet? You might like them they're quite groovy aswell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdl-V2dcRC4

Also Soulfly is really close to what Ektomorf is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YSRnSfW_E

I personally dont like post-roots Sepultura nor Soulfly.

Vishnu

Quite "post-Roots Sepultura"-alike, have you tried Gojira yet? You might like them they're quite groovy aswell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdl-V2dcRC4

Also Soulfly is really close to what Ektomorf is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YSRnSfW_E

I personally dont like post-roots Sepultura nor Soulfly.[/b]
    Gojira I havent heard, gonna give em a try. Soulfly got a few good songs but I dont really like the slow non metal parts. Sepultura is so-so, roots is really the only album I found good enough, but I need to go through them again.

Nactoble

Gojira I havent heard, gonna give em a try. Soulfly got a few good songs but I dont really like the slow non metal parts. Sepultura is so-so, roots is really the only album I found good enough, but I need to go through them again.[/b]
    I like Sepultura's earlier thrash albums only.. Arise, Beneath The Remains, Schizophrenia, Morbid Visions.
    Damn Max Cavalera who wanted to do nu-metal after Roots -.-

Vishnu

Did you Cavaleras latest music? 'Cavalera conspiracy' - 'inflikkted', quite heavy tunes.

Nactoble

Did you Cavaleras latest music? 'Cavalera conspiracy' - 'inflikkted', quite heavy tunes.[/b]
    Yeah i've heard something from them and it was actually a pleasant suprise because i thought i'd hear something like roots but it was more like the earlier thrash albums.

Mezmerize

definitly Slipknot, cus they r creating amazing shows at lives. And SoaD if we can call it metal.

Vishnu

started digging Kittie now lol. Dagoba was quite ok too.

Vishnu

Amon Amarth - Where silent gods stand guard

Cant stop listening to this song, any tips of more songs like this one would be heartily appriciated.

Edit: Holy shit Amon Amarth have made alot of sweet songs, whole versus the world album kicks ass.

Lord0fWar

Amon is the shit thats for sure. One of the best melodic / death metal bands out there atm. Cry of the black birds. Death in fire. Awsome songs <3

Nactoble

yea Amon Amarth is one of the better mainstreamish viking metal bands.

Lord0fWar

Just downloaded some older songs from Dark Tranquility and dam just love that stuff. Exposures: In Retrospect & Denial s 1st cd is neat the last 5 or songs are awsome <<3<3<3 And the whole record is good too. but the Skydancer / Of Chaos And Eternal Light album is the shit check it out

morgoth666

Black sabbath, Celtic Frost and Metallica(old stuff) ....

Vishnu

Just downloaded some older songs from Dark Tranquility and dam just love that stuff. Exposures: In Retrospect & Denial s 1st cd is neat the last 5 or songs are awsome <<3<3<3 And the whole record is good too. but the Skydancer / Of Chaos And Eternal Light album is the shit check it out[/b]
    My favorite album of DT is Damage Done, Hours in exile is just so fucking lovely.

VitalRemains...reason : Dave Suzuki own guitar and drumms

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

i&#39;ve got more then1
    these are the ones i listen to now most of the times:

- Stone Sour
    - Dream Theater
    - In Flames
    - Ill Nino
    - Slipknot
    - Static X
    - Korn
    - Damn your Idols