Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

ATTN: All server owners.

This is a discussion on ATTN: All server owners. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Vice Am I the only one who finds it quite ironic to say that on a gamingforum? ...
Page: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it quite ironic to say that on a gamingforum?
    a gamer aint necessary a nerd , nor a guy who spends money in a game , so in a way no.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

I can't belive I just spent 5 minutes of my time going through this entire topic... That's 5 minutes of my life I'm never getting back zzz -.-"

PS. Pendex0... Goku > ponnies, 100%. I knew I <3'd you for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Sason View Post
    I'm giving him more bugs to fix or w/e.
    Yeah... no you're not. If you think you were behind the flood that hit a few different servers at more or less the same times, you're mistaken.

I've got a list here of about 60-70 odd IP addresses. A relatively small botnet, but it did manage to take out the public network interface - and a little bit larger than your range of 2 - 6.

Really though, flooding someone isn't giving anybody "bugs" to deal with, because floods are just... not bugs. You can mitigate an attack all you like; dropping traffic from flooding IP ranges, trying to ease any bottlenecks the flooding's causing, but when it comes down to it, it's just wasting resources on both ends for no logical reason.

Now you're just getting desperate, lol

Banned Senior Member

Two , stop replying to that idiot "hacker" and fix the damn server already.

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    a gamer aint necessary a nerd , nor a guy who spends money in a game , so in a way no.
    Spending your time on a gaming forum means you're somewhat involved into the depths of gaming (you're a "nerd" in other words).
    Just by taking the time to go on a forum where you discuss GAMES should be enough of an indicator that you're somewhat a "nerd" and you should sooner rather than later realize it.

Also, the word "nerd" doesn't really have a defined meaning to me since some people think that you're a "nerd" just for having a game installed on your computer other than the ones that were already there to begin with, some people look at you as a "nerd" for playing RPG's instead of FPS games, some people look at you as a "nerd" just by spending a lot of time in a game.
    So please, go some elsewhere with your bullshit about the people who actually visits gaming forums regulary ain't "nerds".

Banned Senior Member

your probably ViciousKillah so what i can say to you is gtfo of this post ,your offtopic.
    So please stfu , this aint your buisness .off topic thing to u nerd:
    Atleast i know what is hacking and you waste your money and time on a game u fucking nerd.
    Still butt-hurt bro?
    I really don't know how you can "hack" anything when you have no real control of any language you claim to speak.
    Your english is awful.
    Your Hebrew ( native language ) is even worse , and I bet the russian in your blood is the worst.

Banned

This useless flame topic is not only a strain on the eyes but it baffles me that somebody would actually write and brag about kinder-level hacking on a 10 year old game platform.

Yo twostars , having problems there hon?

are u a girl

jw, b4 u ask why

Not with anything you're trying to do.

If you must know, I'm trying to work out why my database (and most likely other) code's not working correctly when my hook DLL's compiled with the VS2010 compiler, as opposed to the VS2008 compiler (which I'm currently waiting on to install, didn't bother reinstalling it when I reformatted a couple of days ago).

But... go on if you must...

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I've got a list here of about 60-70 odd IP addresses. A relatively small botnet, but it did manage to take out the public network interface - and a little bit larger than your range of 2 - 6.

Really though, flooding someone isn't giving anybody "bugs" to deal with, because floods are just... not bugs. You can mitigate an attack all you like; dropping traffic from flooding IP ranges, trying to ease any bottlenecks the flooding's causing, but when it comes down to it, it's just wasting resources on both ends for no logical reason.

Now you're just getting desperate, lol
    dont know wtf u just said but im guessing you just owned someone ^_^

Alright, so a bit of an update. It seems like someone really doesn't like us and keeps trying to take us down. We can bring the server back up, but it wouldn't be worth it because they could simply do it again and we'd be right back where we are now. So we're in contact with our host to see about getting some sort of protection or prevention. Once we get that added, we'll be able to get things up and running. Luckily, our bugs seem to only involve things like this and not any any major in-game bugs. We ask you to bear with us. Unfortunately, being DDoS'd isn't something we can stop outright, we just have to work with our host to get some protection in place.

being DDoS'd isn't something we can stop outright, we just have to work with our host to get some protection in place.
    So this is just bullshit?

Alright, so a bit of an update. It seems like someone really doesn't like us and keeps trying to take us down. We can bring the server back up, but it wouldn't be worth it because they could simply do it again and we'd be right back where we are now. So we're in contact with our host to see about getting some sort of protection or prevention. Once we get that added, we'll be able to get things up and running. Luckily, our bugs seem to only involve things like this and not any any major in-game bugs. We ask you to bear with us. Unfortunately, being DDoS'd isn't something we can stop outright, we just have to work with our host to get some protection in place.

So this is just bullshit?
    You're just misreading.

Problem:

I updated my hook DLL (to help prevent the server from flooding out) only to realise that some of the code's not compiling as cleanly as it was when I was using VS2008 (I reformatted). So, installing VS2008 and trying to identify what exactly's so different about it that'd cause it to behave like it is.

So - to recap his post, there's no point putting up the server without it, as it'd just as easily be set back again. Better to wait until I either a. fix this code, or b. VS2008 finally goddamn installs.

The server's fine to start up right now, and as you'll notice... nothing's being affected by any flooding whatsoever. I've restricted the game server's access to only myself, so that I could test without everyone else connecting in (which they were doing). It's been up the entire time, I repeat: you're not... doing anything.

If you want a challenge, take down the panel. Then show off if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You're just misreading.

Problem:

I updated my hook DLL (to help prevent the server from flooding out) only to realise that some of the code's not compiling as cleanly as it was when I was using VS2008 (I reformatted). So, installing VS2008 and trying to identify what exactly's so different about it that'd cause it to behave like it is.

So - to recap his post, there's no point putting up the server without it, as it'd just as easily be set back again. Better to wait until I either a. fix this code, or b. VS2008 finally goddamn installs.

The server's fine to start up right now, and as you'll notice... nothing's being affected by any flooding whatsoever. I've restricted the game server's access to only myself, so that I could test without everyone else connecting in (which they were doing). It's been up the entire time, I repeat: you're not... doing anything.

If you want a challenge, take down the panel. Then show off if you must.
    Go bring up the server .

Go bring up the server .
    Webserver. NAO.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast