Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

ATTN: All server owners.

This is a discussion on ATTN: All server owners. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Sason And i got banned bummer. Yeah... not by me. Ironically, it auto-banned you just after you ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sason View Post
    And i got banned bummer.
    Yeah... not by me. Ironically, it auto-banned you just after you said that.

Twostars ,i found a bug lol.
    start working .
    So what was this bug? The fact you "bypassed" it, which apparently... was not so?

Bypassing things isn't a bug! Give me something to work with here, like the character selection exploit - THAT'S a bug.

Lemme create new account and i'll show u

Somone keeps banning me
    i'll work on that better thing on VMware.
    Need more time for the download to finish.
    Btw TasticKo your antiCheat sucks.

Somone keeps banning me
    he just said your getting auto banned, if thats the case how does their anti cheat suck =P

Somone keeps banning me
    It still has no anticheat, so yeah... you're right - it does suck. Was just KO's standard detection seeing you...

We made it a priority to get everything else official ready, and plonk it in at a random-time in the future when it was ready.

But like I was saying, brief overview please? So far I've wasted my time logging in to see you say you hacked the server, only to find you just "bypassed detection", which promptly banned you shortly after saying it. I swear it was hilarious when you'd just said that "you'd bypassed it" and were auto-banned. :P

I'm try it again soon.
    Gonna crash some once server now.

I'm try it again soon.
    Congratulations, your e-penis has grown by 1 CM, reaching a maximum of 2 CM.

Nobody gives a shit, please, stop spamming topic with your useless " I got banned because I suck" posts.

Thank you.

I'm try it again soon.
    You could start by crashing KO-Tastic's. Or at least tell us which server you're going to crash.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

I'm try it again soon.
    lool it's funny you think your a hacker by using programs that somebody else wrote.

finding bugs in server and abusing them is not hacking.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Someone sum this faggotry up for me plox. Im afraid ill get brain aids if i manage to get past page 1. Ill pay in cat pics :3

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Someone sum this faggotry up for me plox. Im afraid ill get brain aids if i manage to get past page 1. Ill pay in cat pics :3
    Something like this:

(Long summed up version)

#1. He finds an old method for stealing characters that was supposed to be patched but required a tiny tweak because of nonsense. E-peen levels up by 1.

#2. He becomes pro hacker, stealing peoples' chars on servers and trying to make money from them. The result of his efforts forces a server to close. E-peen levels up by 500.

#3. He abuses the method on KO-Tastic, after which it's promptly noticed (and somewhat ignored initially in beta), only to confide in someone who told us about it anyway. We banned him, fixed the issue, and updated my patch release thread (and posted here) so other servers wouldn't be caught out. E-peen delevels by 400.

#4. With enough e-peens left, he still believes himself to be pro hacker and will use all of his programs on us. I go in-game only to find he's saying he bypassed KO-Tastic's "anticheat" (aka KO's standard detection, KO-Tastic's isn't implemented quite yet), only... to be automatically banned by it yet again 30s to a minute after saying it. He keeps trying to stay logged in, but ends up giving up. E-peen delevels another 175.

#5. Finally, after all this effort he says he'll do it later, and will "crash another server" instead. He can't bear to lose any more e-peens at this point.

(short version)

Script kiddie finds out about old exploit, script kiddie abuses it, it gets patched, he gets mad because he has no other tricks up his sleeve.

That just about sums it up IMO.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Deliverd!

P.S having negative e-pewniz lwls is always bad.

too drama here :S

twostars can u tell me what do this ''bug'' or exploit?? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by 4YouNoHealStupiD View Post
    twostars can u tell me what do this ''bug'' or exploit?? o.O
    The one he was able to abuse was the old method of being able to log into any character, as long as you had their name. A simple memory edit, and it'd throw it in the packet to the game server and log you in - despite being logged into a different account.

The issue has been "solved" for a *very* long time, however it appears the check for it still bugs out (for no logical reason I can discern or replicate, anyway) - so it's been fairly ineffectual this entire time.

In particular, I mean that if you had all 3 of your character slots filled, nobody could take your characters. If you didn't, then due to the stupid issue that broke the check, the check (to make sure the character you're selecting is in the account you're using) is pointless.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast