Page 185 of 342 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5128
Like Tree827Likes

📢KO-MYKO.COM | Elysium | ⚔ BETA: 12.04.2024 8 TR | OFFICIAL: 19.04.2024 8 PM TR ⚔

This is a discussion on 📢KO-MYKO.COM | Elysium | ⚔ BETA: 12.04.2024 8 TR | OFFICIAL: 19.04.2024 8 PM TR ⚔ within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sheldon, master skills/items are always a big deal in a server. What are your plans ? Make them somewhat easy ...
Page: 185

Sheldon, master skills/items are always a big deal in a server. What are your plans ? Make them somewhat easy to get (ie: mobs in bowl would drop them or something like that) or keep them integral to the version which would most likely be hard for casuals to obtain or would require a lot of farming since the master items tend to be very expensive once they are on the market. Also, are you planning to release sets of items/mobs as we progress ? For example, shards/raptors. I would almost like to see them not being available at the start leaving Glaives and MD's being BIS. Same for shells, just leave chitins there as a drop , maybe some +3's on certain mobs ? I don't know. Just throwing that out !

Quote Originally Posted by Hastan View Post
    Sheldon, master skills/items are always a big deal in a server. What are your plans ? Make them somewhat easy to get (ie: mobs in bowl would drop them or something like that) or keep them integral to the version which would most likely be hard for casuals to obtain or would require a lot of farming since the master items tend to be very expensive once they are on the market. Also, are you planning to release sets of items/mobs as we progress ? For example, shards/raptors. I would almost like to see them not being available at the start leaving Glaives and MD's being BIS. Same for shells, just leave chitins there as a drop , maybe some +3's on certain mobs ? I don't know. Just throwing that out !
    Hi there Hastan, the server will go through certain expansions, however the core idea remains of an old ares server replica, it is not a light farm server.

To answer your first question regarding master, we focused on few aspects how to provide everyone with ability to obtain master items.
    We have Chaos Stone respawning every 2 hours in bowl, which spawns master item bosses, it may also spawn Bach, Duke or Bishop and Etharoth (EXP).
    The same Chaos Stone is also present in Collection Race (Holy Land) event and Last Nation Standing event.

As an additional method you can also gamble your monthly national point at Chaotic Generator for master items, so you do not necessarily have to hard farm, however it will cost you 600 monthly NPs per master item gamble.

To furtherly ease the master item obtaining, you have a great list of possible items that you can drop from Collection Race event (Kill 50 players) and receive a random item from the massive possible item list.
    You can check the exchanges here: https://knightonline-myko.com/exchanges

To answer your second question, the starting level cap will be 62, master will be temporarily disabled so everyone has a fair chance to grind their master items first, which will disallow big clans to dominate the server with being the first one mastered. Shells are not yet present in this expansion and maximum armor that you can obtain is Chitin.

Chitins and high class items such as shards,raptors etc. are fairly hard to get,you can mostly get them from bosses and from chests, dark mares & death mares.

In general I suggest you to go through our Drop List & Exchanges so you get the idea of what is being dropped, but you will also receive an Activity Token every minute of being online,allowing you to exchange them for Mystery Gift. From it you may drop items such as cleavers+4,durandals,Iron crossbows and if really lucky even a red chest or trina.

Regards,
    Flash

Awesome! I like the idea. Yep I went through the list of items and drops. Im hopeful that the droprates on those medals etc will still be very low to ensure that farming mobs/PK will be the primary thing to do in order to obtain items. Not only by sitting in Moradon.

But thanks for the reply I appreciate!

As far as XP goes, it is still a fair amount of time to get to 62 but not as hard right? Just enough to have some competition im guessing.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Actually, not having cooldown is more equal than having a cooldown. It's a difference between asking a player an impossible task or letting pedal users get away easier. Managing your mana and health with minor without cooldown is pretty simple, so you effectively heal just as much with your fingers as with a pedal. You can also empty your mana in less than 2 seconds with your hands, so it's not exactly an insane benefit for pedalers either. The only benefit left for using a pedal without cooldown is lowering the skill cap, by making it easier to control your character without having to use your hands to minor and MP pot.

Sheldon said that the reason for having cooldown is to nerf sins' ability to full heal in 2 seconds by draining all their mana to 0. I usually have a second skill bar with just 4 minor heals and a soul pot for this sole purpose. It makes sense, but it also fucks people over if they want to play legit and they enjoy 1v1. But that being said, I can't imagine anybody playing KO without having an option for a macro of some sort. As long as macro is available and not bannable for every single player, I see no reason not to have a cooldown on minor. Although, warriors are still way better than rogues, so Idk if there's any point in nerfing rogues further.
    Yeah I was actually thinking of boosting the assasin's red skills (shock cut jab) to extent that it balances out for the minor cooldown. Red skill for the reason because it disregards defense, that makes it a bit more friendly for paper classes and focuses more to classes like warrior in aspect of balancing. Because if i were to mess with pruple skills that are % damage based. The paper mages and battle priests would suffer more from that boost while if boosting a tad the red skills makes it just enough edge for example in a vs against a warrior. Where your combo has to be flawles as a sin in any case. I will test this before beta and adjust sin properly then see how it goes on beta.

Basicaly the problem was always that when CD is implemented warrior OPs the rogue (I'm talking 70 cap). So with a good combo and boosted red skills I can make it balanced again. Because for example spike is pure % damage and based on AP. The damage of spike is drasticaly reduced when opponent has high defense or anti dagger defense. While the red skills will still make somewhat equal or slightly reduced damage (because red skills are applying additional damage ... how to explain best is ... works like elemental of a weapon, isn't really affected by the defense and anti weapon defense much). So conclucion out of that is that, assasin with boosted red skills would only be stronger against warrior or full int priest / support mage. It would make pretty much same damage against paper classes because it's not a damage % boost variying from the AP but it's a solid damage that's the same to any opponent or varies only a little. But even so those 3 red skills are really tiny damage but in a VS for example they would make difference, because I have been playing OSKO before when they had MH cooldown and I was beating babashop warriors with cooldown even, but it was really hard and dependent of a pure flawless timing. That's why I think if I were to give a tiny little boost to red skills it would be just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastan View Post
    Awesome! I like the idea. Yep I went through the list of items and drops. Im hopeful that the droprates on those medals etc will still be very low to ensure that farming mobs/PK will be the primary thing to do in order to obtain items. Not only by sitting in Moradon.

But thanks for the reply I appreciate!

As far as XP goes, it is still a fair amount of time to get to 62 but not as hard right? Just enough to have some competition im guessing.
    The medals drop from the NPCs in invasion only and not even that often. It's just another aspect to make people try harder in wars.
    Activity token purpose is to reward the active players with semi good item, something like medium class if you will which is (cleaver, blade axe, durandal etc). So you gamble for an item... however... you need 720 tokens to get mystery gift and they are ofc not tradable. You receive 1 token every minute of online time. It's just a tiny boost I had in mind to implement that would not disbalance server's farming aspect and other ways of obtaining items. It means that if you are online 12 hours straight you will get 1 mystery gift.

So yeah sure those items will be many on the server after a while. But people will simply use them between upgrades for burning in their high class upgrading, then ofc they will pop out some lucky +7s and +8s, and value of those items will be probably low after a while of online time of the server. But look from the other aspect ... is a cleaver+8 really that OP weapon compared to +8 shards or MDs that people will surely make aswell. In my eyes if those middle class items are somewhat nicely reachable in value it will only make it easier for players that like to farm only money and then buy items, or even for new players to start easier on the server.

And about MH cooldown...

I decided to leave it on for now, and will adjust the cut shock and jab skill a little bit. Will see more how it behaves on beta.

About beta:

It will be like this:
    - You will have free master items so you can master yourself. Server will be open up to 70 cap, with all events being set as per official. You will have a insta level up to 60 scroll in inventory. You will start with items like bronze belt, warrior pendant, re, we, ce. And +9 dex,str,hp rings (these will be beta items). You will have rare chitin armors and rare weapons that will be somewhat equal of high class +6 or +7.
    The top 3 highest levels will be rewarded with KC also top 3 with most NPs will be rewarded with KC. PUS will be free, EXP 100% event will be on at all times. So yeah every level above level 60 enters a beta race for reward EXP wise.
    Last edited by SheldonCooper; 12-04-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Anyone has experience if this myko is good? Server name looks promissing :-)

KingNoodles Senior Member Manio22's Avatar

What benefits do premium users get? And is macro allowed, yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by Manio22 View Post
    What benefits do premium users get? And is macro allowed, yes/no?
    Standard, higher selling price for fodder coin items.Loot more coins from monsters, lower repair costs, Lower exp lose, increased online rewards. Increased NPs gain and increased exp gain depending on the premium you choose.

Steven Senior Member doomdudenoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Actually, not having cooldown is more equal than having a cooldown. It's a difference between asking a player an impossible task or letting pedal users get away easier. Managing your mana and health with minor without cooldown is pretty simple, so you effectively heal just as much with your fingers as with a pedal. You can also empty your mana in less than 2 seconds with your hands, so it's not exactly an insane benefit for pedalers either. The only benefit left for using a pedal without cooldown is lowering the skill cap, by making it easier to control your character without having to use your hands to minor and MP pot.

Sheldon said that the reason for having cooldown is to nerf sins' ability to full heal in 2 seconds by draining all their mana to 0. I usually have a second skill bar with just 4 minor heals and a soul pot for this sole purpose. It makes sense, but it also fucks people over if they want to play legit and they enjoy 1v1. But that being said, I can't imagine anybody playing KO without having an option for a macro of some sort. As long as macro is available and not bannable for every single player, I see no reason not to have a cooldown on minor. Although, warriors are still way better than rogues, so Idk if there's any point in nerfing rogues further.
    Good point, guess it also depends on stage of game. I've never had a macro, only thing I remember doing was msn bug hahaha...btw, will you be playing? Do you know any english clans that will play? (I've played in same clan with you before multiple times, not sure if you remember).

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    Hi there Hastan, the server will go through certain expansions, however the core idea remains of an old ares server replica, it is not a light farm server.

To answer your first question regarding master, we focused on few aspects how to provide everyone with ability to obtain master items.
    We have Chaos Stone respawning every 2 hours in bowl, which spawns master item bosses, it may also spawn Bach, Duke or Bishop and Etharoth (EXP).
    The same Chaos Stone is also present in Collection Race (Holy Land) event and Last Nation Standing event.

As an additional method you can also gamble your monthly national point at Chaotic Generator for master items, so you do not necessarily have to hard farm, however it will cost you 600 monthly NPs per master item gamble.

To furtherly ease the master item obtaining, you have a great list of possible items that you can drop from Collection Race event (Kill 50 players) and receive a random item from the massive possible item list.
    You can check the exchanges here: https://knightonline-myko.com/exchanges

To answer your second question, the starting level cap will be 62, master will be temporarily disabled so everyone has a fair chance to grind their master items first, which will disallow big clans to dominate the server with being the first one mastered. Shells are not yet present in this expansion and maximum armor that you can obtain is Chitin.

Chitins and high class items such as shards,raptors etc. are fairly hard to get,you can mostly get them from bosses and from chests, dark mares & death mares.

In general I suggest you to go through our Drop List & Exchanges so you get the idea of what is being dropped, but you will also receive an Activity Token every minute of being online,allowing you to exchange them for Mystery Gift. From it you may drop items such as cleavers+4,durandals,Iron crossbows and if really lucky even a red chest or trina.

Regards,
    Flash
    Brings back memories with dark mares and death mares in cz, used to farm those like crazy for high class items, fun times...

Quote Originally Posted by doomdudenoob View Post
    Good point, guess it also depends on stage of game. I've never had a macro, only thing I remember doing was msn bug hahaha...btw, will you be playing? Do you know any english clans that will play? (I've played in same clan with you before multiple times, not sure if you remember).
    I'll be busy for the next 4-6 months so I won't be playing KO for a while. I remember your name from somewhere, but can't really say exactly where.

I'm super hyped for this server. However I recently remembered why I've been staying away from myko servers; its .exe is infected with a virus. Is this still a case with your server? I really don't care if its false positive, just don't want to put anything on my anti virus exceptions list. You can call me superstitious.

Quote Originally Posted by blazien View Post
    I'm super hyped for this server. However I recently remembered why I've been staying away from myko servers; its .exe is infected with a virus. Is this still a case with your server? I really don't care if its false positive, just don't want to put anything on my anti virus exceptions list. You can call me superstitious.
    Hi there, yes it is, beacuse all of 1299 servers mainly use the same anti cheat, which is SOACS, so you will face this issue on every 1299 server pretty much.

Regards

I don't think I've ever played a private server that didn't contain a virus. It's annoying yes, make sure you either turn your anti virus off or make an exception if not your most likely gonna have to reinstall the server.

I just want to clear up some info about the server.

You say chitin would be the best gear at first. What MOBs drop chitin and wep? 60 with no master sounds kinda fun, when would you bring master in? Also I don't mind buying premium for whatever boost it gives you, how long do you think it would take to get 60? I enjoy playing KO but you know we are older now and have jobs and wives that take up our precious KO time. I play about 4-6 hours daily. Will you have some type of AFK macro to exp with?

Quote Originally Posted by ItzPrayerz View Post
    I don't think I've ever played a private server that didn't contain a virus. It's annoying yes, make sure you either turn your anti virus off or make an exception if not your most likely gonna have to reinstall the server.

I just want to clear up some info about the server.

You say chitin would be the best gear at first. What MOBs drop chitin and wep? 60 with no master sounds kinda fun, when would you bring master in? Also I don't mind buying premium for whatever boost it gives you, how long do you think it would take to get 60? I enjoy playing KO but you know we are older now and have jobs and wives that take up our precious KO time. I play about 4-6 hours daily. Will you have some type of AFK macro to exp with?
    "Chitins and high class items such as shards,raptors etc. are fairly hard to get,you can mostly get them from bosses and from chests, dark mares & death mares."
    Also, yes they mentioned they would bring masters in (mentioned where master items would drop etc) but this would come at a later patch. That's all I can answer for now, i'm no sure about your other questions. There's a lot of info if you scroll up to SexyLittleAnimal and Sheldon's responses about server plans.

PUS for beta is prepared. Everything is 0 KC and also 2 extra tabs are added BETA ITEM and BETA MASTER. Where you can buy all master items, instant level up to 60 scroll, and some decent gear. On official BETA categories in pus will be deleted everything else stays the same.

Regards

Hastan likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    06-09-2022, 11:44 AM
  2. Hits: 2
    06-04-2022, 06:02 AM
  3. Hits: 5
    01-20-2022, 02:50 AM
  4. Hits: 3
    05-08-2020, 08:00 PM
  5. Hits: 2