Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

TitanKO

This is a discussion on TitanKO within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Who they are you refering to? Im the only person from the old TitanKO team and this is the first ...
Page: 12

Who they are you refering to? Im the only person from the old TitanKO team and this is the first time i hear that someone sent you a fake notice. Not to mention It sounds a bit far fetched that anyone from the previous team would send you a fake DMCA notice remembering that they had problems with the most simple tasks. And why on earth would Blizzard send you one?
    Last edited by MeeP; 08-01-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Long story short, the (spoofed) e-mail's headers were forwarded to us (with the e-mail itself of course), the sender's IP address was part of them. I recognised the IP address from IRC, so I confonted the staff member about it and they (eventually) admitted to sending it. We don't need to mention their name here and I've long since gotten over that particular incident.

If you're the only one left from the team then good riddance, but so far you still seem to be taking a very similar road... especially with the whole panel thing.

And why on earth would Blizzard send you one?
    It wasn't Blizzard, but how on earth did you pull that name out of the hat? *blinks*

Too much WOWing

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Too much WOWing
    Ah, I thought you meant the "Blizzard" from KO.

The person wanting the server hosted a group of popular WoW servers (and an MS server). They were affected when Blizzard sent its DMCAs flying. As such, when one was received regarding the KO server, the host didn't particularly care about its authenticity.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Closed at the request of the OP.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-01-2023, 04:02 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    06-19-2012, 05:44 PM