Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Warning - You Might Get Hacked!

This is a discussion on Warning - You Might Get Hacked! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; A new server named PureKO was recently released for beta-testing. The first thing we noticed was the launcher acting weird. ...
Page: 1

Default Warning - You Might Get Hacked!

A new server named PureKO was recently released for beta-testing. The first thing we noticed was the launcher acting weird. It was generally slow and after a while error messages starting popping up.

Name of the launcher/anti cheat: Pvpknight Anti Cheat (PAC)

We started debugging the process and noticed that data was sent from the process to a sever located in Turkey (Not the game-servers IP). The data was encrypted, but we managed to find out that the packets was in fact a keylogger because the data was larger when we typed more frequently.

After investigating a bit more, we decided to hit up the owners of PureKO to chat in IRC to find out what's up with the anti hack-shield logging keystrokes and program data. We never got any answers from them and they started to act weird, they haven't responded since.

And to end it all, we managed to get into the database where we noticed there were tabled prepared to store credit card information. We cannot gurantee this will be used for evil, but the impression we got from them in general makes us think that it's just as fishy as the keylogger.

Special thanks to KataNoob and TheTompa for helping me expose these bad people!
    Last edited by HenkaN75; 11-28-2016 at 12:16 PM.

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

White knight online aka Henkan I guess the lesson to learn here is to be watchful of servers like these (i.e servers with "turk-developer" origins). I'm willing to bet there are more of them out there using this setup. Keep your sensitive information protected!

Makes you wonder how many PSKOs has done something similar to this..
    HenkaN75 likes this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

I feel like every server should post a https://www.virustotal.com/ scan from now on to prove they aren't fishy.

Good shit henkan, now you can put Murat back into your signature.

No scans detects it though

PureKO topic closed, accounts related to the server banned.

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Wow Thanks a lot, glad I never tried this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenkaN75 View Post
    No scans detects it though
    really? you ran the launcher and the exe through virus total and it didn't pick anything up? that's pretty scary damn

wow.... nice post man

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    I feel like every server should post a https://www.virustotal.com/ scan from now on to prove they aren't fishy.

For example, virustotal gives more "positive" results for original SOACS then for cracked SOACS (which is more vulnerable, because it is used by untrusted people). All virus programs using a heuristic analysis so the false positive detection is quite common for knight online as the anticheat itself needs to monitor all running programs for detecting KOXP and other softwares. So by virustotal you usually finds nothing except a random number. You really need to do scan like this, to see what packets are send and to where.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post

The problem with that is that most servers using updated anti-cheat will be flagged, even if they aren't doing anything fishy. Also, there would be no point having a keylogger if a virusscan was able to detect it. If anybody is going to try pull something like this off (there have been attempts in the past) they would make sure to hide it well.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

That's utterly fucked up lol. But that's custom files I think, it's like there are false positives on soacs but soacs is verified anti cheat. There's a problem when people make custom stuff like this one here and packs a keylogger in there. You can't know with these new servers if they packed an actually key logger. And they made Credit cards procedures storing infos directly into db so he has a clean overview. That's really bad xD I hope these people don't get fhawked up after putting these infos outthere. Cause that guy has them all now.

How did you get the screen shots from the dedicated server tho? Like one of you guys have dedi access? or a dev there exposed it to you? cause if someone of you had dedi access, and you verified that this shit is real, you should have deleted all these tables where people got real info from CC saved in there.

if you have chance to check that cclogs table, and you see there are actuall numbers of ccs there you should delete it instantly if they hadn't backuped up several times already. All tho I think there aren't really CC information in there. There's probably just a bridge or how should a say link up made, where they probably donate through a legit provider, and there's a script marking account id and the payment procedures let's them know payment was succesfull and it makes a log in the database. That way the owner knows the payment was made and he can track the payment ID to verify if he hasn't made it automatically.

But if it's the first case in he somehow scans all the card info and stores it there. That's serious felony lmao.

However the keylogger seems real on the first part. So whatever the crime coming out of this, and since it's a turkish server i'm pretty sure turks in the "area" gonna track the dude down and report him.

Banned Member

how do you know that the server locate in turkey ?

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeLara View Post
    how do you know that the server locate in turkey ?
    You can get by the IP geolocation.

IP Address: 37.247.105.69

Region: Istanbul
    City: Istanbul
    ISP: DGN Teknoloji A.S.
    Latitude: 41.01383972168
    Longitude: 28.949659347534

I went back in my footsteps, researched a little more and it dont look like they would store the CC's in that database.
    BUT, since they log all your keypresses in every application you have open they still get that info... Topic still valid!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast