Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

General Consensus

This is a discussion on General Consensus within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; How is that in any way a counter to any of my points? One facet of the game is broken, ...
Page: 5

How is that in any way a counter to any of my points? One facet of the game is broken, so that justifies another being broken? Reminds me why i left this game, the utter stupidity of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post
    How is that in any way a counter to any of my points? One facet of the game is broken, so that justifies another being broken? Reminds me why i left this game, the utter stupidity of the playerbase.
    Its not suppose to counter your points. Mages arent for those who wish to run around alone.

Reminds me why i need to go to sleep.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

mages = faster xp than melee at any stage of the game. I levelled with necroboy on death knights, DTS, golems for months on usko. Mages can level on tons of mobs with few exceptions. Mages are just unwilling to level on anything other than harpies because the xp speed is so broken. If you were capable of looking at game balance objectively for one second you would realise this.

The difference with harpies and other methods of AoE levelling is that the spawns are tightly compacted, there are often 3 or more spawns close together and they fly making nova'ing easy. I can grant mages a small levelling advantage due to the nature of the class, but harpies isnt fast because of mages, its fast because its harpies. Either the xp per harpy needs to be dropped, or the spawns themselves need to be redesigned to make levelling there less attractive.
    if u actually think them FLYING makes any difference at all in how fast the xp is.....im jaw dropped

them flying just makes aiming ur lvl 33 aoe spell SLIGHTLY easier, thats it. if u aim too far under them it wont hit just like any other mob. it doesnt speed up how fast they die, doesnt speed up the speed they group up, etc. it makes no difference at all really.

If mages dare to kill "melee monsters" they get flamed all over and ksed till they quit... Thats the main reason why mages only exp at harpys, cause melees simply don't allow mages to exp anywhere else.

There are a lot more mages than harpyspots. But only a select few happen to get in those harpy party's. The others just wait till a spot opens (= no exp ), or be one of those lucky "tp-mages" in melee party's.

Yes there will be around 20 high lvl mages in a very short time... those who always get in the harpy party's. The others will just run behind and when those 20 get 70, harpy spot will be raided 24/7. Making it very hard to exp.

Hope you get my point, you can disagree. But always been like that.

And no, I don't play mage in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    if u actually think them FLYING makes any difference at all in how fast the xp is.....im jaw dropped

them flying just makes aiming ur lvl 33 aoe spell SLIGHTLY easier, thats it. if u aim too far under them it wont hit just like any other mob. it doesnt speed up how fast they die, doesnt speed up the speed they group up, etc. it makes no difference at all really.
    How can you play a mage for fuck knows how long and not know about the flying and aoe? rofl. doesnt speed up the xp, makes it less risky and considering how the average mage is missing a few chromosomes, thats a good thing. And have you given up or will you come with some retarded reason why harpies are balanced?

And rofl simontjeuaduah, u think there is a melee police that stops mages levelling anywhere else? No one told me about it when we levelled necro to 63 basically on all the golem spawns. If mages want a spawn they should just go and take it. The reason they don't isn't because those nasty melees will stop them, but because they only want harpies. Why the fuck would you want to level somewhere almost half the speed? It says something about this game that 90% of the mob spawns are empty and at harpies there are 50 people ksing each other. If I have to spell out the failure of this system then honestly the KO community is worse than I thought.

quit bitching. This is KO... no such thing as a perfect system and it will never ever be even close to being a successful system.

So either stfu and just play the game or gtfo.

I think this "voice of the community" concept has gone too far; people are posting whimsically about this and that without even a contemplation... without thought. You can't change everything you don't like, so please, use your mind and be selective.

a)Get rid of eslant, place a few mobs somewhere else (i.e. piana mobs, cz bosses)

That is all.

And rofl simontjeuaduah, u think there is a melee police that stops mages levelling anywhere else? No one told me about it when we levelled necro to 63 basically on all the golem spawns. If mages want a spawn they should just go and take it. The reason they don't isn't because those nasty melees will stop them, but because they only want harpies. Why the fuck would you want to level somewhere almost half the speed? It says something about this game that 90% of the mob spawns are empty and at harpies there are 50 people ksing each other. If I have to spell out the failure of this system then honestly the KO community is worse than I thought.
    Blablablabla, what makes you think mages don't exp anywhere else? I used to aoe ash knights / dk's / trolls etc with owa and bfd untill some melees decided to ks us, if they didn't succeed they would just call a 2nd melee party till we quit. Continuing wasn't an option
    And if you leveled necro, he was part of your party -a melee party- and you won't get ksed. Thing changes when only mages in the party, go test it and review your statement.

The reason why nobody told you about "the policy", is cause you left the game too long ago. Back in old ke mages could do what they want, thats true. But people changed, ko changed. And those people won't go back to the "old-ko behaviour" just cause there is an old-ko like server. Peoples actions will remain the same as those they evolved to. And that policy is a fact in todays ko.

Ko community is worse than you thought? Just cause people disagree with you? Damn you must be frustrated. Your name fits you perfectly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345