Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 365

KO4life/Gamers4life KO

This is a discussion on KO4life/Gamers4life KO within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by LightSage dude you have no idea what you are talking about i pk solo right now just ...
Page: 15


  1. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MEL-BOUR-NE Reppin the MCG lawl.
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightSage View Post
    dude you have no idea what you are talking about i pk solo right now just fine as long as its not like 5 v1 im good a good mage knows exactly what to do and vs alone. and win against even wariors
    Mages in KE were not ment to solo, just simply support, but if your one that likes to kill, then get 2 party healers, 6 paper fire mages and go drop some nova's on the opposing nation and you will get your much needed kills

  2. #212
    DoNotMess
    Guest

    Default

    Not sure if this can be coded but change the town function. Change it from having a % of your hp left to not having taken damage in the last X seconds. Where X could be decided after further discussion.

    Btw screaming orc when we're trying to login would be awesome XD

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoNotMess View Post
    Not sure if this can be coded but change the town function. Change it from having a % of your hp left to not having taken damage in the last X seconds. Where X could be decided after further discussion.

    Btw screaming orc when we're trying to login would be awesome XD
    I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

  4. #214
    DoNotMess
    Guest

    Default

    replace the current town with something along the lines of if you've taken damage in lets say the last 30 seconds, you cannot town. and by damage i mean been your hp has dropped as a result of being hit by something or someone.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoNotMess View Post
    replace the current town with something along the lines of if you've taken damage in lets say the last 30 seconds, you cannot town. and by damage i mean been your hp has dropped as a result of being hit by something or someone.
    Rouges find it fun and a challenge being able to spike town, and with this idea it would take that fun out for them. And overall, consider being a mage in this situation... if you did get hit, and just over the hill you see another 5 parties coming, you wouldn't be able to town as you said in order to save your party members. Sometimes you see that there is no point of putting up a fight as there is way too many and you simply need to town, thus why towning the way it is now seems pretty logical.

  6. #216
    KalaBunga Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    spike town was the only pk on ares for a while when cz was empty i took my rouge nad a mage behind hb , and i ended up spike townign for 3 hours but saldy only gaining 2.4k np but i had blast

  7. #217
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Can we stop QQing about /town? Its one of the most unique aspects of KO, and if its a close fight, people usually dont town. Sorry that people may decide not to continue fighting you when they see 20 more people coming at them.

  8. #218
    DoNotMess
    Guest

    Default

    Its just annoying in servers where ctrl minor isn't fixed. Having rogues you're fighting insta heal like 2k hp and then town. Guess no one liked the screaming orc on the server select screen =(

  9. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjin View Post
    If they gonna make 70 cap server then there shouldnt be any items from after KO era. That would be just pointless coz u will have lvl 70 chars using lvl 80 weapons (less hp more ap ). Ppl will die like flys then and that wont be fun.

    So quit about adding mini fela, mini ultima and after KE items coz it will make game unbalanced.
    i agree

  10. #220
    Sεмρяε Fι Senior Member CroNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,255

    Cool

    nice to hear that their might be a ko4life priv server.. all my friends will definatly join!! Those who swore never to play KO again aswell

    anyway, here's some ideas

    - Use old ko/Ke version
    - 70 cap
    - +8 items max
    - Drops should be same as USKO, but abit higher
    - Dont make EXP too easy, that way GM or King can make exp events
    - Anvil = normal rate (usko)
    - Unique compound to max +2
    - Bowl bosses every 2-4hours and esl bosses every 4-6hours
    - scrolls should be dropped in mora and PUS items like trina, namechange, nt scrolls can be bought.
    - Remove Forgotten Temple, becuz ppl only bugg it
    - Add BiFrost instead, the gate should open every 8 hours and only stays open for an hour.
    - Bus should have high droprate and can only be sold for 1coin in npc.. that way coins actually worth something in market
    - Add weapon defence, so we get to see diff builds in some classes, BUT change the stat req for weapon defence shield to INT only!
    - 1-2 "big" boss events per week and when GM feels like it, some small boss events with small bosses like lupus lyc lobo shuala lesth barkk etc for our masterquest

    To make server more fun

    - Make 2 CSW per week
    - 4 wars per week, 2/2 depending on timezone
    - Switch cz map every 1-2 weeks with an autopatch
    - Make 2 GM chars (human - orc) with sealed items and organize a pk event everyday, like kill the opponent GM or defend etc. To make it more interesting.. Admin choses 2 active ppl from forum and give them acces to the GM char and play the event for 1 hour, after when event is over, Admin changes pw and passes char to the next lucky ko4life member! for the next event.

    This last idea is a bit crappy, but it's just an idea to make the server more interesting and bring the community closer to eachother. Like i said, its only for active ko4life members.. the more active you are, the more you get to play the GM pk char.

    anyway, i have plenty of cool ideas to make the server fun everyday!!! i'm just so tired atm to post them all.. if the server wont be exatly the same way i want it to be, i will still play and call all my old friends back.!!!.

    EDIT: the only thing that can hold me back from playing this priv server, is lvl83cap.. i fking hate it!! <3 70cap!!
    Also, i said ko4life, cuz i'm used to calling this forum ko4life all these years. gamers4life sounds so... hmm xD
    Last edited by CroNe; 12-04-2009 at 10:45 PM.

  11. #221
    Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Crone most of your ideas are great but some I'd have to say I disagree with. Umm the one about disabling FT would be a very bad idea. Seeing that KE doesn't have enough weapons and shields as it is taking out FT items would cause for even less items, which people would not like. Keeping FT in keeps a variety of items to trade and use. The +8 item/+2 unique max thing is also something I would disagree with. After a while there is potentially going to be many +8 items flowing around and many uniques around also. If you limit the max to +8's you would have nothing to look forward to farming for, which later causes the server to get boring. Keeping the anvil rate of +9 to a rate as low as KO would keep people farming for a long time, that is only if they want too. Same scenario with the uniques once people have +2's they have no uniques to farm for and end up getting bored.

    Those are my 2 cents about what you posted CroNe. Don't take it personally its just what I feel is good and what isn't.

  12. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    FT should not be taken out, as that's where the core of the unique weapons come from, such as WE, GE, LE, HB, etc...

    Thinking about the idea of events, and assuming that this server will be packed, the Admins should organize to put up boss events everyone now and then. By now and then I mean it all depends on the population. So let's say you have 300 people attend the event and you only spawn 50 bosses then it should be like 1-2 times a week, so overall trying to balance out so that the server isn't polluted with uniques. By boss spawn however, I don't mean Bach/Duke/Bishop/Talos/TK/Isiloon and those heavy bosses that drop the rare uniques, but simple bosses, and the only ones that should be spawned are the Lycoan, Lupus, Lobo, Shaula, Lesath, that way we won't have such an overpopulated server with irritated people who can't seem to master themselves.

  13. #223
    vhf
    Guest

    Default

    Hi all,
    Haven't been active at all in the past months, maybe even couple years however heres a couple thought of what I think would be an attractive private server:

    1- Max level should be 72, as might be easy to level up to 70 but hard to level up to 72, so people who are willing to take the advantage of an higher level would have to work for it, while the others would just settle for 70.

    2- Max Upgrade +9 , Max Compound +2, Upgrade rates being hard, Example:
    +1 - +5 100%
    +5 - +6 60%
    +6 - +7 35%
    +7 - +8 10%
    +8 - +9 5%
    Something around that, Trinas could be give a little boost on these, 10%.
    This way people wont have to kill people with IN/IB with +7/+8 shards, because by the time INs start to pop people should get their +8s and +9s going

    3- Drop rates in one work: USKO.

    4- Spawn rates: USKO.
    Isiloon and Felankor(would need superior organization) included.

    5- No ardream, only 1 PK zone - Colony or ronark or whatever it is called these days.

    6- 2 Lunar wars days per week, with 3 wars, every 8 hour 1 war.

    7- Economy: Pots should be free. Blessed upgrade scrolls should be farmed as in a monster or as money to buy it, not being easy to get them so it means no stupidly fast upgrades. CSW should be once a week and the clan who keeps it should get some money off the moradon tax scrolls (anvil only in moradon)

    8- Top weapons/armours for each class as, Shards, Raptors, Iron Impacts, Elixirs, Iron Bows, Mirage Sword, should drop from high class mobs, maybe Dark Mares as in a 25 - 50% rate(1 armour and 1 weapon drop maybe) or something like that, it should be tested .

    9- Bifrost, 70 Dungeon Weapons, Forgotten Temple, New USKO(dont know the names) might or might not be implemented. No fancy armours though

    10- Weapon defense armours should be RARE and drop either in a really small drop rate, or from superior bosses.

    11- Scrolls. Scrolls should be RARE and drop either in a small rate or from superior bosses. It is actualy fun to be back to the roots and play with buffs. Swift pots is an exception, they can't be denied!

    12- Power Up store. It has to exist or else the server can't run on its own(if it can, great! No pus.) but they should just give a LITTLE advantage over the rest of the players. Example: +7 Weapon / Armour, Maybe some VALKS, AC/HP/EXP whatever, definetly some scrolls(EXP or NP included!). So they would give some advantage, would be cheap, and no one would really cared if they babaed too much.


    That's what would be appealing to me and probably to the best pkers around.

  14. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vhf View Post
    Hi all,
    Haven't been active at all in the past months, maybe even couple years however heres a couple thought of what I think would be an attractive private server:

    1- Max level should be 72, as might be easy to level up to 70 but hard to level up to 72, so people who are willing to take the advantage of an higher level would have to work for it, while the others would just settle for 70.

    2- Max Upgrade +9 , Max Compound +2, Upgrade rates being hard, Example:
    +1 - +5 100%
    +5 - +6 60%
    +6 - +7 35%
    +7 - +8 10%
    +8 - +9 5%
    Something around that, Trinas could be give a little boost on these, 10%.
    This way people wont have to kill people with IN/IB with +7/+8 shards, because by the time INs start to pop people should get their +8s and +9s going

    3- Drop rates in one work: USKO.

    4- Spawn rates: USKO.
    Isiloon and Felankor(would need superior organization) included.

    5- No ardream, only 1 PK zone - Colony or ronark or whatever it is called these days.

    6- 2 Lunar wars days per week, with 3 wars, every 8 hour 1 war.

    7- Economy: Pots should be free. Blessed upgrade scrolls should be farmed as in a monster or as money to buy it, not being easy to get them so it means no stupidly fast upgrades. CSW should be once a week and the clan who keeps it should get some money off the moradon tax scrolls (anvil only in moradon)

    8- Top weapons/armours for each class as, Shards, Raptors, Iron Impacts, Elixirs, Iron Bows, Mirage Sword, should drop from high class mobs, maybe Dark Mares as in a 25 - 50% rate(1 armour and 1 weapon drop maybe) or something like that, it should be tested .

    9- Bifrost, 70 Dungeon Weapons, Forgotten Temple, New USKO(dont know the names) might or might not be implemented. No fancy armours though

    10- Weapon defense armours should be RARE and drop either in a really small drop rate, or from superior bosses.

    11- Scrolls. Scrolls should be RARE and drop either in a small rate or from superior bosses. It is actualy fun to be back to the roots and play with buffs. Swift pots is an exception, they can't be denied!

    12- Power Up store. It has to exist or else the server can't run on its own(if it can, great! No pus.) but they should just give a LITTLE advantage over the rest of the players. Example: +7 Weapon / Armour, Maybe some VALKS, AC/HP/EXP whatever, definetly some scrolls(EXP or NP included!). So they would give some advantage, would be cheap, and no one would really cared if they babaed too much.


    That's what would be appealing to me and probably to the best pkers around.
    Even though you are a clannie, I disagree with many of the ideas :P. Now give me your msn so I can plan out the reformation of theReapers™.

  15. #225
    vhf
    Guest

    Default

    Dont you desagree me, I know gramps would agree with me

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •