Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Point out the core problems

This is a discussion on Point out the core problems within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Messor Since you guys have this all figured out i just got 1 question. Why does a ...
Page: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Since you guys have this all figured out i just got 1 question. Why does a GM need items ? :/
    exacly......

Well.... I hope they have a 3,000+ Euro Server for this lol. Cause if not we're in for 1 hell of a fucking shitfest once it goes live and theres 500 of us trying to connect at once. XD

P.S

Also Messor brought a valid point... Why do GMs need to have items? and what are these " Legends " Clans or players or w/e people are talking about? I don't think people should get status like that over others =\ Ok so they were the best in their time. Doesn't mean they should get the leg up over everyone else whom is about to start new on what we're all hoping will be a promising fair server.

Quote Originally Posted by Onslought View Post
    Well.... I hope they have a 3,000+ Euro Server for this lol. Cause if not we're in for 1 hell of a fucking shitfest once it goes live and theres 500 of us trying to connect at once. XD
    This isnt their 1st day...

wawh

There shouldn't be anyone with these items or legend character
    or anyone else with some kind of database connection that plays

KO has always been a corrupt game and I see no different here..But you could minimize the damage by not allowing 4 people to 1 database
    Well even GMs can easily get corrupt by killing bosses or tping people to various spots before others

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Only the Champion chars which are for events are edited.

If we get old people to play on the server as legends of KO, a char to the specs of their orginal char in KE will be made for that period. Once over the account is deleated.

Noone gets fuck all from the GM's , Admin's ect you work for it end of. Noone will be running around in +5's and +10's unless I or the 3 others cheifs say so.

All you need to worry about is 1) What fraction to play 2) What charity you want to help 3) The repercustions of trying to cheat and being caught.

The reset is for us to worry about.

If I wanted a server for PK , ROFD interfaces , +10's +5's it would not be what ko4life is/was about.

So all cailm down and wait for the team to get it ready. The more time we all answer MSN's and PM's on here the longer it takes for it to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    well, as I've heard, there wont be any open beta, so we'll just have to wait and see wont we..

and to Messor:
    Felix stated he would have a "normal" char with good items, and he wont be alone since they will have "legend" clans running around with uniques aswell...this would only increase the chance of injected items to their friends.

therefore, make all Legend clan members and Gm char have non tradeble items only.
    Why the fuck are you even talking about this? This is Devile's server... Seriously.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Why the fuck are you even talking about this? This is Devile's server... Seriously.
    whats ur problem?

I was stating a fact, and a solution.
    if u dont like it, piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    whats ur problem?

I was stating a fact, and a solution.
    if u dont like it, piss off.
    You're stating no facts. You're trying to make a problem out of something that won't be a problem.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

You're stating no facts. You're trying to make a problem out of something that won't be a problem.
    I'm stating the main problem in any privateservers..
    Even though its Deviles server, I'm not 100% confident that there will be 0% corruption what so ever..
    Thats why I came up with a solution.

If u need to troll the forum and flame ppl, be my guest..
    But I will answer in the same way.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I'm not so much for these Champion characters, but as long as they are there for an event, hopefully an event that happens like once a week, then I think that's fine. What wouldn't be fine if these Champion characters were pking like 3 hours daily.

Quote Originally Posted by CroNe View Post
    Your mother was prolly the one who said "Trust nobody but yourself" hehe..

btw Devile baba, you gonna remake Blood clan?
    No. If any of the ex Blood members wants to rebuild Blood, I'm not interested in leading it, not even being part of it as a regular member. Not because I don't wanna see them all together and have fun like in the old days, but because I don't have time to play this game again and I rather play 1 role this time. Also, I don't want any clan to be called a "GM clan".

Sure, being a GM and playing in a guild is usually a 1 way ticket to the dark side. Happens 99% of the time, but not all GMs went that path. Still, is better to avoid temptations.

Relax guys. Zingery's concerns are valid. Those will be addressed in time. No need to get all angry about this.

GM Corruption has been #1 issue in all KO Servers, including K2 Servers. So yes, we will take this very seriously and will minimize any chance of it. Untradable items, GM supervision, naked accounts, etc. Whatever is necessary to guarantee we are free of this cancer.

Let's not jump into conclusions. Nothing is written in stone here.

Banned

like stated before, gm corruption will never exist in ko4life.

unless its felix's character with +10 chitin shields and +10 dirks!

Remember Murphy's law.

We will do everything to minimize the chance and impact (2 completely different things) of GM corruption, but if it eventually happens, it will be dealt fast and with severity. Finding trustworthy people is not an easy task, and even if you find them, some might change after a while.

The idea of this topic is to help us to not make the same mistakes all other KO servers made. We are aware of many known issues, yet most of you focus on reporting the same things. Suggestions on how to deal with them will help us much more than just pointing the same things over and over again.

Ok, GM corruption is a well known issue. How would u prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Remember Murphy's law.

We will do everything to minimize the chance and impact (2 completely different things) of GM corruption, but if it eventually happens, it will be dealt fast and with severity. Finding trustworthy people is not an easy task, and even if you find them, some might change after a while.

The idea of this topic is to help us to not make the same mistakes all other KO servers made. We are aware of many known issues, yet most of you focus on reporting the same things. Suggestions on how to deal with them will help us much more than just pointing the same things over and over again.

Ok, GM corruption is a well known issue. How would u prevent it?
    unfortunately u cant prevent it, only clean up after human minds are weak

wawh

Simple.. remove the things that gms do not need...

Spawn summon code, 30k r hits, zone91 (all dead bosses spawn there after killed so you can kill them again), euhhhh anything else?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast