Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Repercussions of a public panel.

This is a discussion on Repercussions of a public panel. within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; How come auto-registration wont happen here ? Seems that you like more panels than players in your server....
Page: 3


  1. #31
    HEYTOUSTI
    Guest

    Default

    How come auto-registration wont happen here ? Seems that you like more panels than players in your server.

  2. #32
    Flashback Senior Member Ibumax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HEYTOUSTI View Post
    How come auto-registration wont happen here ? Seems that you like more panels than players in your server.
    lol.
    (message too short )

  3. #33
    Rainey
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    You rly have to flame me? Dude you know i'm right. But do what you want i can't force u not to flame me since your a adult person as I. If you are really a grownup then act like one and stop making stupid posts and flame others.
    You started, i finish. Dont act adult, when your not one.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Exactly my point, thus why an auto registration would be fine. Yes I know the poll is screwed up as it doesn't include it, but in a sense I was thinking the people would get that sort of impression as it's the same end results they want.
    owned
    nik for president

  5. #35
    []D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    791

    Default

    How about instead of making a secure "Ko-panel" you make a secure Website with all the same features? Except it would be formatted differently allowing it to be a lot more secure (been done before)

    PS: Since the beginning when yall started talking about this server I thought it would fail, try to prove me wrong lol, but I doubt it.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    How about instead of making a secure "Ko-panel" you make a secure Website with all the same features? Except it would be formatted differently allowing it to be a lot more secure (been done before)

    PS: Since the beginning when yall started talking about this server I thought it would fail, try to prove me wrong lol, but I doubt it.
    from what i understood it will be same... coz the web will need conection to the DB or something like that.. so it will be same as panel...

    just make auto register and gooooogoooooooooooooooooooooooo

  7. #37
    xanarchistx
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    I have to disagree with 90% of the list you made since its utter bs. You just started to think of reasons and it went totally random. A panel with only registration is not that hard to secure, hell, i even sent them one for free.

    Right now its a question of release it now with auto registration and work on the panel as time goes vs stop the project since it clearly failed.
    I completely agree.


    There are many easily-implemented security changes for the panel.

    One, for instance, is admin-approved actions.
    - What is this?
    Everything you do in the game is recorded in a database, and the database is normally linked directly to the PHP/SQL scripts contained in the panel.
    - How can this help?
    To start, you make a "read-only" account for the "panel" to access the login database, because that is the ONLY thing that this needs to check when logging into the panel. This is fairly easy to do, and you only need to read the database to verify login information...

    You can create a NEW database with a separate connection info that you will store all user requests in, this would include (Name changes, registrations, premium point purchases, and so on) then these actions would be stored in this temporary database pending an admin's login to look over these requests and approve legit ones, which then sends the authenticated queries to the database.. This quickly throws out ALL SQL Injections, because the panel has no direct connection to the server files that is not read only.

    As far as someone reading the database through a malicious SQL string in a search feature on panels or some sh!t, you need to learn to create query-safe strings.

    I have no idea who you paid to make this 'secure panel', but I can say for sure that this is not a hard task. I would consider another developer.

  8. #38
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    owned
    nik for president
    You are a moron...

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    4,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    You are a moron...
    What's wrong with that,... I mean I know I'm not black, and I'm neither a red neck. I fit perfectly for the role.

    On topic: Just like the nazi's "blamed" the jews in WWII, the english KO community tend to blame the Turks. Whether true or not, we will all have that feeling as it has been with us for a few years now.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xanarchistx View Post
    I completely agree.


    There are many easily-implemented security changes for the panel.

    One, for instance, is admin-approved actions.
    - What is this?
    Everything you do in the game is recorded in a database, and the database is normally linked directly to the PHP/SQL scripts contained in the panel.
    - How can this help?
    To start, you make a "read-only" account for the "panel" to access the login database, because that is the ONLY thing that this needs to check when logging into the panel. This is fairly easy to do, and you only need to read the database to verify login information...

    You can create a NEW database with a separate connection info that you will store all user requests in, this would include (Name changes, registrations, premium point purchases, and so on) then these actions would be stored in this temporary database pending an admin's login to look over these requests and approve legit ones, which then sends the authenticated queries to the database.. This quickly throws out ALL SQL Injections, because the panel has no direct connection to the server files that is not read only.

    As far as someone reading the database through a malicious SQL string in a search feature on panels or some sh!t, you need to learn to create query-safe strings.

    I have no idea who you paid to make this 'secure panel', but I can say for sure that this is not a hard task. I would consider another developer.
    This is completely missing the point of the topic. I'm only giving a list of what could and what would most likely happen if they used a panel somebody else coded and released for every other server to use.


    I'm sure some of you remember RSKO when Roger hacked them twice. I'm still confused as to why half of you even posted retarded shit when you don't know what you're talking about or don't fully understand what you're reading. Quit flaming in this topic you guys are completely dragging it off of its main point to let the community and the developers see what would happen if they used a panel that was released to the public.

    @tHeUnBeAtAbLe

    Stop mentioning auto registration this topic has nothing to do with it. You are encouraging nitwits like ko4mylife to post retarded comments.

    @ko4mylife

    Explain to me how that owned me? He said something that wasn't even related to the topic and something I had no intentions of mentioning.


    Somebody needs to close this topic it's gone to far off it's main point.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamStillAlive View Post
    It is public and it has been fixed.
    Besides a program to sort out unneccessary packages would be enough even without a fixed ebenezer.

    I'm not talking about KOCrash that Devin coded, nor am I talking about the PHP version DeadlyData coded. I'm talking about a different one that was never released publicly.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This is completely missing the point of the topic. @ko4mylife

    Explain to me how that owned me? He said something that wasn't even related to the topic and something I had no intentions of mentioning.


    Somebody needs to close this topic it's gone to far off it's main point.
    he owned you by making you say that panel is needed, then you said that if there will be panel A B C will happen, and it was exactlly his point, with only auto register, and no panel, it wont happen.

  13. #43
    Senior Member SinSexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    by playing knight imperia and watching all the noobs lvl 70s with their shells and raptors losing to lvl 6X with chitins and glave, it gave me more motivation to play ko4life server

    but KI is pretty fun server.. ya the upgrade rate to +7 isn't really 25% and it suck.. but its still fun..
    lol, what was your nick there? Knight Imperia is a decent good farm, pk server and to be honest is the best one out there.
    No bugs, no cheaters, sometimes there is a few noobs koxp in moradon but it was fixed AND THE BEST OF ALL. NO MORE CONTROL MINOR NEWBIES.
    Anyway whoever think that can beat me in vs in KI, bring it on

  14. #44
    Senior Member SinSexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoody View Post
    thats funny to see those people who were licking my ass to help them, now talks about "Shitty Knight Imperia".
    maybe we arent pretty server in your opinion. but at least we do have our security we arent getting hacked ,we dont have any annoying bugs and the server is OPEN.

    i really dont know why you guys always try to compare us with ko4life.they are not our enemies or rival.so stop it thats not cool.

    one more thing I would like to point out.No offense to ko4life admins and their skills but have you guys ever consider that even strongest panel and server can get hacked ? or they can suck ?

    you guys just just dreaming about pretty server where you can get support in a second and notice no bugs.just open your eyes and realise the truth.

    thank you

    Rodrane
    Knight Imperia Admin.
    The truth is that your server is pretty good. Those are kids that just leave and cry after they fail on a server. KI gets pretty good PK during the wars and some time zones. Over 250 players sometimes, and when is slow probably 100+

    KO4life is taking long I know but lets just be patient. I really want to try this server. This is like women and wine. The more mature and safer the better lol or whatever the proverb is xD

    PEACE

    BTW nick on game. dbluestyle aka BryanMills ^_^

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    he owned you by making you say that panel is needed, then you said that if there will be panel A B C will happen, and it was exactlly his point, with only auto register, and no panel, it wont happen.
    Did I ever say anything in my first post about an auto registration system?
    No.

    Here, i'll quote myself.

    He said something that wasn't even related to the topic and something I had no intentions of mentioning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •